The Combat Jack Show Thread

i went to the Reddit for Joe's pod & SMH.

A bunch of comments upset because it's not entertaining enough, millionaires complaining :angry:, he can't keep business private, numbers will dip w/o spotify, he's overvaluing himself, why does he keep on bringing up oppression & race :lol: :lol: .

they will always support ****** entertaining them, until they speak too loudly or proudly :smh:. We've seen this happen too many times.

The "just be grateful" crowd. I ain't listen to his rant yet but Joe and nem got something great whether people wanna admit or not. They don't have step to these companies desperate for a deal. They getting 300k-500k views a week off the YouTube alone. They're in demand, they got the product.

The Coli is majority black and they saying the exact same thing over there too, for the most part

Outside of Joe’s diehard stans on twitter seem like most people are agreeing with CTG. That’s just from what I’ve personally seen tho

I was just reading the thread on the coli and it's some support, some "joe is reckless".

I had no idea she had content available until I did a google search after this

Yeah them mfs right :lol:.

I don't get this grey area we got now where chicks will be on the internet butt *** naked but won't bite the bullet and post the tape. Like we already got you in that category ma let it all out. :lol: It's a lot of social media influencer type chicks going almost all the way :smh: :lol:

Going back 2 years ago I wanna know what was the difference between the Tidal offer and the Spotify offer.

I will say that Joe acted like Spotify gave him everything he wanted, saying "Y'all called me crazy for turning down such and such deal, creators had to be patient..."

He pretty much said that Tidal wouldn’t give them access into the numbers and analytics, but Spotify would. I can understand why you’d turn that down if your goal is to determine the scope of your audience, and how great your pull is to have said audience migrate to one specific app to listen to your show.

Tidal has a paywall, so it will be interesting to see if they make it over there. Not sure if people who aren’t current subscribers would be willing to pay for a subscription solely for the jbp.

The funny thing is he got upset at Joe for the same thing he was doing. Saigon and Uncle Murda were mad disrespectful to dudes, and it was the post 50 Cent mixtape era and dudes were in the street so they thought they could bully the industry also

I had to refresh my memory

He knew what he was doing with Puff :lol:

Didn't know MOP had beef over this, but it makes sense Fame not appreciating it

Has a guy ever gone through this and actually admitted to it and said I have a problem and I'm seeking help?

I don’t understand how people root for Charlemagne and not Joe Budden. I HATE CHARLEMAGNE. Despise that dude. Joe is cool to me.

I really detest Charlemagne and Angela Yee.

Has a guy ever gone through this and actually admitted to it and said I have a problem and I'm seeking help?

Chris Brown is the only person who comes to mind.

Based on her saying it’s hard to heal when someone has been lying for year... idk man. That’s a heavy sentiment. These are tricky situations because as much as folks speculate, they’ll never know. You never want to discredit someone, and you never want to unjustly vilify another.

Not trying to debate but to some extent Charla saved radio programming and gave black entertainers a platform to express themselves regularly for the better part of decade (the general public might hav finally gotten into pods about 2 years ago).

His first book is dope, so dope even my 60+ year old mom loved it.

Homie also pulled a lotta funny internet dudes off of twitter and gave em real shots in the industry.

For some people, Charlamagne’s just one of those individuals whose past self will always overshadow who he is, or is attempting to present himself as, in the present day.

For every attempt he makes to help out Black people, folks will remember (and focus in on) the old antics.

At this point he’s just the guy who some will hate and some will try to appreciate. No sense in arguing in circles about em because he’s too polarizing of a figure.

Last edited:
I'm undecided on Charlamagne.

On one hand I think he's a phony, on the other he's an example of peoples duality. Only in movies are people as easily identified as bad guy or good guy.

Gonna play catch up today on the JBP, I'm so behind. Quarantine and wfh for some reason lowered my podcast intake/interest

I think its so easy to hate both these individuals lol
i ’m for joe being independent and moving on from Spotify, i just dint know how you can be so upset when you signed a contract not showing pto and bonuses, and if you were entitled to bonuses on the contract and didn’t get it then that’sa law suite because Spotify didn’t perform on their end of the contract.

but either way I’m curious to see Joe’s next move especially street tahiry brings their domestic violence situation and now people are reaching back to his lyrics admitting this could damage any deal he had it was going to get after the Spotify shot just like HBO did CTG after the tape accusations, this could get ugly

Gonna play catch up today on the JBP, I'm so behind. Quarantine and wfh for some reason lowered my podcast intake/interest

Quarantine did for me, because I have no commute/traffic. And when I'm "working" most of the time I have the TV on.

Mal lowkey shook :lol: :nerd:

Edit: Ak done offered the fade to Meek and now Mal, somebody HAS to take this _ up on his offer eventually right? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom