The Combat Jack Show Thread

I never thought the Janet stuff was that deep, but reading about it she did receive a backlash and pop stations didn't play her singles like that because they were upset.

I thought a lot of it was for show, and the fans didn't care. I thought a mediocre album hurt her more than anything since that album released after the Super Bowl.

I never looked at Justin any type of way from the situation, I guess because I didn't care. I wasn't ****in with either of their music like that at that point. I downloaded for Timbaland but that was about it.

I never thought the Janet stuff was that deep, but reading about it she did receive a backlash and pop stations didn't play her singles like that because they were upset.

I thought a lot of it was for show, and the fans didn't care. I thought a mediocre album hurt her more than anything since that album released after the Super Bowl.

I never looked at Justin any type of way from the situation, I guess because I didn't care. I wasn't ****in with either of their music like that at that point. I downloaded for Timbaland but that was about it.
This is exactly the way that i remember it and felt about it. They together mad a bad decision and they had to live with the repercussions.

The Janet superbowl **** changed a lot. I read some article a while ago how after that happened live events started having a few seconds delay to edit stuff, CBS got fined half a mil. They took Janet's music off certain stations. She was supposed to do some tribute at the grammys and they got her off that. I think they also took a movie role from her. It basically cancel culture before cancel culture and it was 100% racial. Justin skated though the whole thing. We know if Nelly had pulled Brittany Spears tiddy out who woulda caught the backlash.

edit

But the public shaming of Jackson—to which the singer herself told USA Today was “truly embarrassing”—didn’t stop. The Grammy’s were the following week, which both Timberlake and Jackson were scheduled to present and perform at, but Jackson was outright banned from the event, despite previous assurances from the Academy that both would attend, saying "there's such a big difference...to putting a stage on Astroturf than an appearance at the Grammys." Timberlake, on the other hand, attended and was allowed to perform. Clear Channel Communications, which owned Infinity Broadcasting and Viacom (MTV and CBS), blacklisted all of Jackson’s singles and music videos, banning her music from all the TV channels and radio stations the company owned, stifling airplay and making her new album, Damita Jo, her lowest-selling album since 1984. The disgraced singer was forced to resign from a set movie deal she had just signed, and even a statue of Mickey Mouse wearing Jackson’s “Rhythm Nation” costume was dismantled following continued backlash.

This **** was just overboard
America always been fake with morality and the media ALWAYS defaults to middle America white ppl , they the ones that complain about these type of things the most …All the programming on the big free channels is catered to a 50 year old white person in Kansas and the Super Bowl is included in that since It’s on Fox/CBS

Read the FCC complaints every Monday after the super bowl, it’s ridiculous :lol: :smh:

That was an instance where you need to talk it over with someone before doing it. What you thought in your head, isn't how it came out.

That sounds like some **** where he was jealous or that was their spot and wanted to stunt and make the dude look broke.

If I were the dude out with her I would think he was a clown and clown him to my boys, oh, and run that **** up.

Listening to Saturday’s Pod

I rock with Tyler’s new album and I’m super far from a Cole fan …. But to say it’s debatable as to who’s a better rapper is crazy.

I always hated Coles production but that’s just Disrespecting his pen

I don't think it's disrespectful or crazy at all. Tyler has always shown a HIGH profiency in actual rapping. Ya'll just didn't like him because of the image (which i find particularly interesting because alot of his extreme content mirrors alot of Eminem but that's another topic). Funny, it took him stepping into a different "box" with those features on this new project for him to be more palatable...but I get it. Go back, and you'll see he could always rap.

I'm not even saying he's a better rapper than Cole. But this is kinda like the Luka/Trae debate in the NBA. Ya'll letting optics fool you. There is no wide gap between the two of them as many want to believe.

Tyler pulled me in as a big fan around the Wolf era. Dude can rap his *** off. Surprisingly the last 2 album before this most recent one were my least fav from his work.

As a Tyler fan I'm happy to see him back to rapping and rapping really well.

Tyler closes out this last track off the first ASAP mob album and he legit killed this.

Tyler pulled me in as a big fan around the Wolf era. Dude can rap his *** off. Surprisingly the last 2 album before this most recent one were my least fav from his work.

As a Tyler fan I'm happy to see him back to rapping and rapping really well.

Tyler closes out this last track off the first ASAP mob album and he legit killed this.

agreed . My favorite Tyler verse. Still don’t think he’s closed to Cole and I prefer his music over Cole’s

Listening to Saturday’s Pod

I rock with Tyler’s new album and I’m super far from a Cole fan …. But to say it’s debatable as to who’s a better rapper is crazy.

I always hated Coles production but that’s just Disrespecting his pen

i think what ice was trying to get at but didnt outright say it

was that @ this point should Tyler replace Cole in the "Big 3"

i dont necessarily agree or disagree its arguable

Every now I think about when Cthagod talked about dissing/disrespecting The Weeknd during the trilogy days b/c he was at a "lower stature", and just can't wrap my mind around such a lack of foresight and overall critical thinking. During that time it would've been a surprised if The Weeknd didn't become a superstar.

i think what ice was trying to get at but didnt outright say it

was that @ this point should Tyler replace Cole in the "Big 3"

i dont necessarily agree or disagree its arguable
The came up way too different for this to even be a plausible conversation & Tyler didn't have a stern mainstream standing until Flower Boy. I'd put him w/ Rocky & ScHoolboy Q in that mainstream but not really mainstream, underground but not really underground hue. All 3 highly influential, widely regarded, sold records, could more than likely do a successful arena tour together, etc.

Back
Top Bottom