The Combat Jack Show Thread

Arguably some of the funniest episodes of Bodega Boys and Drink Champs this week. The last 20 minutes had me worried that NORE was about to fall out from the Dusko [emoji]128514[/emoji]

yo im crazy late to the party that 2 chainz ep had my crying today . there are so many quotes that might be ep of the year

combat: are we talking hip hop?

nore: combat we can't ignore what just happened 

:rofl:

thriller went into a whole rant about a million dollar go fund me to fight 2 chainz just for nore to say we not supporting that at all :rofl:

thriller: do i seem scared?

combat: no

thriller: do i seem like i want this?

combat: no 

:rofl:

EFN: You're supposed to say YES :rofl:

NORE instigated the hell out of that call with 2 Chainz and never really apologized to Jack Thriller. That didn't sit well with me. But all them dudes was drunk as hell by the end of that episode. Shout out to Jack Thriller, real Decatur ***** :pimp:

I'm so behind on all the podcasts, I havent heard the Luke, E-40, Bow Wow, or Dame eps of Drink Champs. EFN was on Juan Epstein, pretty good talk on his come up in the game.

Went back and listened to the AZ, Metta World Peace, and Ed Lover episodes of Combat. I know we all feel CJS is trending downward, but the Ed Lover Episode was one of the best this year.

Yall really been biggin up Bodega Boys, I've only heard one episode, but I'ma give them a shot. RR bout to get the cut (Again)

Yea 2 chainz was wolfing and nore lowkey played thriller. Dude was really just telling the story and got ambushed.

Nah he ain't get ambushed. Nore called Dame for Combat, then called Chainz for Jack. Jack knew what was coming. He was like...

"Now watch this :D"

2Chainz just wasn't for the games and jokes. :lol: I ain't expect son to go off like that.

Jack is a goofy _. He don't mean no harm, Chainz took it too serious.

Last edited:
this the first time a dame interview annoyed me

boy would absolutely not relax

boy was tryna control the most minor details of the show

I tend to enjoy Dame interviews but this one was OD.

AND he knew NORE was bent.

Just being difficult for no reason.

on the other end it's an amazing quality to have

being able to say no or not agree to things no matter how it makes you look

but it was still annoying to hear

but I still respect it in principal

it just wasn't practical in this light hearted setting

this could've been the interview where dames stance was more understood but he doesn't seem to care about any of that lol

There is a time and a place.

The fact that this wasn't the time or the place is why I don't find it amazing or respectable.

In a business setting, it'd be a different story. Just seemed like he was trying to show out a little too much.

There is a time and a place.

The fact that this wasn't the time or the place is why I don't find it amazing or respectable.

In a business setting, it'd be a different story. Just seemed like he was trying to show out a little too much.

yeah that's what I was saying

it wasn't the right setting

but to be able to be yourself no matter how it comes off is a quality alotta people would love to possess

When Mero said Desus stripclub name: The Jerk Truck.... "Get Ya Meat Smoked In The Back"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

:lol: definitely one of the better Bodega Boys eps, they were wildin

I'm really lookin forward to that Vice show too, hopefully they don't limit them like uncommon sense did

I'd imagine that a lot of Dame doing too much also contributed to Rocafella carving their lane in the game the way they did. A lot of those dudes were EATING off of the work Dame did with garnering that respect in the industry. You got rumors of Jay getting hit in the head with bottles by Pun, and video of him mushing a female. But you've got Dame on camera yelling on male executives. Just something to think about.

Great post

That was an interesting discussion on Joe's podcast. Wayne isn't anywhere near my top 10.

I think these list need to start being like basketball. Top 10 of the era I grew up in, because these list are mad dismissive to Kane, Rakim, G Rap, KRS, Melle Mel. Wayne is better than Scarface?

You want to tell me ________ is better than this?

Arguably some of the funniest episodes of Bodega Boys and Drink Champs this week. The last 20 minutes had me worried that NORE was about to fall out from the Dusko [emoji]128514[/emoji]

That whiskey had him done.

I thought he was talking lying down at one point. I know he called earl that night.

I think he was supposed to interview someone else and he was saying, no mas.

"Take ya shirt off"
"You got a fat ***"

:lol: :lol:

:rofl: I know Dame was befuddled

I enjoyed the top 10 list. Most of them said Wayne was in their top 10 but struggled to put him there. His man had 10 front of Wayne and then said but he's in my top 10. Hahahaha. Wayne will never be top 10, wouldn't even be top 20 for me.

Wayne top 10 for me....

And I HATE his music past 07. What he did from 02-07 is definitely top 10 worthy. Y'all just blinded by his persona, later success in mainstream, lack of "substance", and him after lollipop.

02-07 Wayne was incredible.

I'm not putting Wayne anywhere near the top, I just can't. Especially with the ghostwriting claims.

I'm not putting Wayne anywhere near the top, I just can't. Especially with the ghostwriting claims.

Gillie said in an 06 XXL interview he wrote for Baby and helped Wayne with delivery but never write verses for him.

He called Wayne out during his prime so if he was writing for him, wouldn't he have had a drastic fall off in quality lyric wise? After Gillie beefed with him, he was still nice through 06-07 with thousands of songs released.

An example of the contrary is how Drake had some embarrassingly laughable lines on Views after he tried to do his writing by himself after relying on writers for at least the past year or two if not longer.

"I get green like earth day"

"Chaining Tatum"

"You toying with it like happy meals"

Wayne ain't no damn top 10. MAYBE 20.

Hov
Pac
Nas
Biggie
Scarface
Ice Cube
Ghostface
G Rap
KRS
Rakim
Em
Pimp C

Off the top he's not better than any one of them. Part of this is generational or if you listen to **** before the skinny jean era. A lot of 25 and under dudes think Wayne is a God. People that remember the 90's ain't gon put him in no top 10.

Back
Top Bottom