The Combat Jack Show Thread

because most people wanna know the real reason he quit rap
majority don't know
he was threatened with death
for messing with some heat hitters girl
i think he only came back after
dude ended up getting killed

Yeah but he would never admit that or talk about it. I still want to hear a Ma$e interview.

I really want to hear about Double Up and his beefs with Puff

Just ask Cam'ron he already told most of the story.

The underwear ad on joes podcast was hilarious.

Mal and Rory were trying to mess up the bag

because most people wanna know the real reason he quit rap
majority don't know
he was threatened with death
for messing with some heat hitters girl
i think he only came back after
dude ended up getting killed

I just want to know about Puff's real reaction when he told him he was about to run off with that bag.

Baby Maine

Now, play the game, know the code, say no names
Fast life ain't no game, R.I.P. Baby Main
He was large in the game, slingin thangs
Shiny rings, diamond chains, he's a star in my hood (he was ?)
All the cars, V12 by the hood
Had the jets, had the strip, had the power, he was livin that life
New whips every hour, it's a shame, in my hood
He'll be missed like the Towers in the midst of the prowess
Not to put his business out there (uh-huh)
But the kid'll make you think that Po Rich was out here (like '86)
And in these stories it mainly contain the lobby
About the young and the restless like Harlem's Maine and Ladi

The final ep of the Lighty pod was heavy. Whole series was well done and Combat and them did a great job storytelling.

And I know a lot of y'all already made your mind up about Rory but his interview with its the real was good.

I always found them it's the real dudes corny, still kinda do lol, but their pod is kinda good...I only heard like 5 eps tho. Their corny jokes aside, they interview ppl well and their ep with Killer Mike made me view them a lot differently.

The final ep of the Lighty pod was heavy. Whole series was well done and Combat and them did a great job storytelling.

And I know a lot of y'all already made your mind up about Rory but his interview with its the real was good.

I always found them it's the real dudes corny, still kinda do lol, but their pod is kinda good...I only heard like 5 eps tho. Their corny jokes aside, they interview ppl well and their ep with Killer Mike made me view them a lot differently.

Yeah, I listened to Mike, but dudes are still corny and I can't stand their jokes.

I haven't finished the Chris pod yet.

Can someone shed some light on what the Lighty podcast is about?

Chris Lighty

I can't front, I'm hyped for this Yung Berg joint on the Budden podcast. He's a clown but he got joints. Most people aren't familiar with his work. His producer Rob Holliday is real dope too.

The Business, One Night, Sexy Lady, Outerspace. His album got joints but his bars on Sexy Lady were always trash.

Berg got that napoleon complex. He spends too much time talking about his work and how many hits he got but he doesn't tell you what songs and ****.

Not sure how I feel about that Jeremih song. One song and it had the beat from Knocking Da Boots and Keep Ya Head Up. Two of my favorite songs, not sure if I liked it or not.

That Nicki Minaj song was trash.

Joe, Mal and the homo were all slurping Berg. **** got old quick. Rory saying a few times the past few weeks he didn't care about a new CB album and thought we shouldn't really talk about him. Now he loves the CB song Berg did

Last edited:
Berg flew in the door with the captain America shield for his peoples.

Jeremih, talented as he may be, chose to shroud himself from the public. He has a few hit songs but he's not on the level of his peers of the time Imo.

Berg is an interesting character. Can't deny son's work, though. Definitely looking forward to this one. I'm not here for the slurping, though. Rory and Mal play that politically correct angle too often.

I can't front, I'm hyped for this Yung Berg joint on the Budden podcast. He's a clown but he got joints. Most people aren't familiar with his work. His producer Rob Holliday is real dope too.

The Business, One Night, Sexy Lady, Outerspace. His album got joints but his bars on Sexy Lady were always trash.

Berg got that napoleon complex. He spends too much time talking about his work and how many hits he got but he doesn't tell you what songs and ****.

Not sure how I feel about that Jeremih song. One song and it had the beat from Knocking Da Boots and Keep Ya Head Up. Two of my favorite songs, not sure if I liked it or not.

Joe, Mal and the homo were all slurping Berg. **** got old quick. Rory saying a few times the past few weeks he didn't care about a new CB album and thought we shouldn't really talk about him. Now he loves the CB song Berg did
u know i disagree
i don't think he's a clown
i think he's a normal dude
who got into some normal situations
all the things that happened to him
I'm sure happened to everyone in the music business or most
but he just didn't try and cover em up
which i can respect even more
plus he's so talented that dudes HAVE to mess with him regardless
i mean yeah he got his chain snatched
and his chain went on a country wide tour
so have other rappers
yeah he got arrested on the show cops while getting drunk at mardi gras
on a moped
so have other rappers
yeah he's gotten smacked by maino
so have other rappers
yeah he got arrested for choking a girl from love and hip hop
and then kicked off the show
I'm sure other rappers have
DAMN...............
A lot of stuff has happened to dude :lol:
i may have to retract my he aint a clown statement :lol:
he is a hitmaker though.......

berg got caught into an L vortex

it makes sense joe and berg get along, they both have an extensive decorated L jacket that got parlayed into delayed real success

he was the first hiphop celeb to get cyber bullied lol

Last edited:

that knocking the boots/keep ya head up song was :pimp:
is that unreleased or its on his albums :nerd:
i need it ASAP

Young Berg is like a mini DJ Khaled to me

I take what he says with a grain of salt. He hypes up everything.

Good interview though. I'm glad he said something about labels. Labels are a loan. Most people don't have the money to put their album out, promote it properly and tour. That's a lot of upfront money and most people aren't from those circumstances. Look how many football and basketball players had labels and they couldn't even properly finance and promote music, because of a lack of experience and connections. And the ones that do that can back them, you might want to just deal with a label. You might end up in a Baby situation or practically extorted or pimped.

After listening to that episode, I've come to the conclusion that everybody in that room is straight corny.

Every joint they played was trash or had a complete sample snatched for a unreleased song that will never drop.

Im in my mid 30's and remember this Yung berg dude was and still is a clown. His music was cookie cutter and never respected. What hits? I don't understand, mid early 2000's what was he doing, besides getting extorted and chains stolen.

The sleepers pretty much all sound the same. Mix bryson/tory/party etc. plus autotune and cheesy young boy lyrics and it's a new sound? Have they ever gone out the box a played a new sound?

The berg swinging was unbelievable.

Yeah, it sounds like he's trying hard to remake himself

I was wondering all these hits he has made

And his talk about Kid Ink and Jermih. :lol: But they made a mistake in not releasing Planes video.

Back
Top Bottom