The Combat Jack Show Thread

CTG hasn't been on TBI in about two weeks

Shulz n CTg haven't been on together in 3 weeks, I wonder if everything straight :nerd:

I remember that dude CTG had on last time was holding him accountable for what he said about rape in a previous episode, I found a video of dude recapping his time on TBI and it went NOTHING like what we heard, he talks about Shulz and maybe Wax? makes me think that maybe there was an episode that didn't get uploaded cus it was too problematic

I didn't listen to his episode, but I found that interesting.

Maybe it was edited? That might explain the delay.

And I find dudes who don't have any scars on their legs mad suspect. You didn't play sports or go outside? You coco butter your legs?

And I'm glad they commented about Joe saying Ella Mae like LMA. Because I was confused also. :rofl: I was thinking about that LMFAO group.

Travis Scott officially did 553K first week. Sheesh.

Always was on the bubble of "that" circle of hip hop, but he's arrived. Also, of course the Kylie / KKWTK stimulus helped, but you don't jump all the way to 553K just because of them. Idk, maybe it was just me but you could tell he was headed for the <200K crowd.

His momentum was there, Kylie just amplified it.
:lol:

I'm sitting here like "lmfao still poppin?"

NT.. I Need Your Help To Grow My Audience & Perfect My Craft..
All Feedback Is Welcomed.. But Come Correct, Or The Target Of My Next Episode May Be You!!
I'm On Apple Podcasts (Search: 'Talkin Reckless') Don't Be Afraid To Rate & Subscribe Either..

"

Episode 19:
After another unplanned hiatus, ‘Talkin Reckless’ is back with a new episode covering half of the topics that occurred in the last few weeks. Covering everything from pimpin with Mr Whitefolks to reading Michael Connelly novels in prison.

• (04:30) Brooklyn nail salon assault. How long will the community get disrespected by shop owners.
  • (20:00) Will fatherhood change a real N?
  • (25:00) Rant about pimping and prophecy.
  • (47:00) Iggy’s ***, Cardi B’s momentum and Nicki’s upcoming album release
  • (1:02:00) Random Things I learned reading Spike Lee’s memoir
  • (1:12:00) Lyor Cohen on Breakfast Club
  • (1:22:40) Will we get any honest commentary from hip hop media concerning Charlamagne?
  • (1:44:00) Why black women still support R Kelly
  • (1:55:00) NFL Hall of Fame ceremony
  • (2:01:00) Why protesting won’t work in the hood
  • (2:06:00) My solution for starting black business

About time, Drink Champs has been wack for a while even before the hiatus.

NT.. I Need Your Help To Grow My Audience & Perfect My Craft..
All Feedback Is Welcomed.. But Come Correct, Or The Target Of My Next Episode May Be You!!
I'm On Apple Podcasts (Search: 'Talkin Reckless') Don't Be Afraid To Rate & Subscribe Either..

"

Episode 19:
After another unplanned hiatus, ‘Talkin Reckless’ is back with a new episode covering half of the topics that occurred in the last few weeks. Covering everything from pimpin with Mr Whitefolks to reading Michael Connelly novels in prison.

• (04:30) Brooklyn nail salon assault. How long will the community get disrespected by shop owners.
  • (20:00) Will fatherhood change a real N?
  • (25:00) Rant about pimping and prophecy.
  • (47:00) Iggy’s ***, Cardi B’s momentum and Nicki’s upcoming album release
  • (1:02:00) Random Things I learned reading Spike Lee’s memoir
  • (1:12:00) Lyor Cohen on Breakfast Club
  • (1:22:40) Will we get any honest commentary from hip hop media concerning Charlamagne?
  • (1:44:00) Why black women still support R Kelly
  • (1:55:00) NFL Hall of Fame ceremony
  • (2:01:00) Why protesting won’t work in the hood
  • (2:06:00) My solution for starting black business

Congrats on the seed

You must listen to a lot of Tariq Nasheed

The rawness isn’t there anymore. Nore isn’t as unpredictable and EFN usually chimes in at the wrong times. EFN’s questions should be asked more upfront and then Nore’s antics should kick in later as the liquor kicks in.

The rawness isn’t there anymore. Nore isn’t as unpredictable and EFN usually chimes in at the wrong times. EFN’s questions should be asked more upfront and then Nore’s antics should kick in later as the liquor kicks in.

I think the guest also haven't been as good. Then add in how it hasn't been consistent. There were about three weeks straight where it was just Nore and them.

You can only have so many "rappers" on a podcast before it gets extra corny. Combat noticed that and began changing the format bringing in closely related people to his show. Premium Pete does a better job than the drink Champs honestly. He just had the &pizza ceo on.

The whole concept of drinking all the time is hard coded into the show which is also a problem. It's definitely not healthy and promotes a unhealthy lifestyle. I can see bigger artist not trying to be a part of that show just off the concept. (ie. Lip-service )

Lastly Nore is annoying as a interviewer. A re-work of the show would be great. The lane is still wide open for the talanted and creatives. The majority of the podcast out are trash, but the one's that are good imo are great.

Combat was better when it was a room full of people. When it became just a interview pod it became just another interview show.

I was thinking the same thing about what Joe is saying. A lot of artist seem to have fill in the blank songs. They buy the song and structure and just fill in the blanks with their verse. In order to have some of the other artist swag. That happens a lot these days with the way music is made and e-mailed. It sounds so generic and formulaic as opposed to being in the studio with the people crafting something together.

I don't know why Barbie Dreams is respected so much. It's not original. It's played out to me. It's easy to do. Maybe a 20 year old is impressed.

What I dislike about joe critiques
When he does other people’s albums
Is how he always talks about
This song is blah blah blah
They shouldn’t have did this
Like I don’t take it serious
Or more than just entertainment
Cause if he was that good at it
He would have classics

Combat was better when it was a room full of people. When it became just a interview pod it became just another interview show.

I was thinking the same thing about what Joe is saying. A lot of artist seem to have fill in the blank songs. They buy the song and structure and just fill in the blanks with their verse. In order to have some of the other artist swag. That happens a lot these days with the way music is made and e-mailed. It sounds so generic and formulaic as opposed to being in the studio with the people crafting something together.

I don't know why Barbie Dreams is respected so much. It's not original. It's played out to me. It's easy to do. Maybe a 20 year old is impressed.

Her core audience are young chicks though , most of them never heard biggie on the OG unfortunately lol. So i get The hype

I mean A lot of them thought she was dissing people on the song :smh:

I mean interpolating and remaking a song
Or reusing a beat would
Or sampling would make 90% of hip hop unoriginal

I mean interpolating and remaking a song
Or reusing a beat would
Or sampling would make 90% of hip hop unoriginal

Naw, there's a difference.

We didn't like Puff because he just jacked entire popular songs that weren't even that old. I thought it was lazy. Puff pretty much single handedly helped birth underground rap.

Rap was about sampling the obscure by record store digging and turning it in to something totally different. Especially after the Biz lawsuit. That was art.

Back
Top Bottom