The Conjuring 7/19/2013 body is not ready

Thinking about taking a chick to see this but feel like I'll be scared all the time. Gonna hide my face in her breasts.

Movie was corny imo, could tell when crazy stuff was about to happen, which made it not scary at all.

Anyone starting to notice a trend in these movies lately? Girlfriends and wives continue to get their husbands/boyfriends murked or almost murked off in almost every movie to drop this year.

Cinescore rating for the movie. A- :pimp:

Most horror films receive D's or F's.

i expect it to drop down since it just released

i still wanna see this, they should have released it in october IMO

i cant get into these kinda movies without it being the fall :lol:

weird, i know

weird, i know
I think they released it early because this year I think oct is full of horror movies this year.
I think even paranormal activity pushed their date to January of 2014 cause of the busy oct

So nobody is agreeing with me how horrible this movie was?

Actually I was thinking of placing you on ignore.

You have zero legit basis on your claim, but I'll give you a chance, why do you think it sucked? Or are you just that guy that goes against the majority?

Movie was very very solid. It's not likely to haunt you afterwards but damn it was a solid experience. Whole theater was on edge and screaming and laughing throughout the film. That kind of threw me off because I seriously think half my theater was high :lol:

It had excellent build and pacing. The last 30 minutes were just :wow: and I was pleasantly surprised at Lili Taylor's acting.

So glad you recommended it CP!

weird, i know
I think they released it early because this year I think oct is full of horror movies this year.
I think even paranormal activity pushed their date to January of 2014 cause of the busy oct

what horror movies are releasing? anything good?

:nerd:

They didn't release it early, they backed it up. This was scheduled for January 13, early screen ratings were great so they moved it to the Summer. Bold move for a horror flick with all the summer movies out. And its working.

HUGE fan of scary movies. Tough cause i'll rarely catch a very good scary movie. And this is probably one of the BEST scary movies I have seen. Haven't been shook like that since forever

My friend went and she said it scared the crap out of her. She's also a wuss so I'm not sure about how scary it was. The trailer was okay but it did have a little bit of the creepy factor. I saw Insidious was it was meh for me.

HUGE fan of scary movies. Tough cause i'll rarely catch a very good scary movie. And this is probably one of the BEST scary movies I have seen. Haven't been shook like that since forever

Nicccce.

I'm checkin this out bargain Tuesday.

Nicccce.

I'm checkin this out bargain Tuesday.

you won't be disappointed! i have very high standards and very critical of scary movies. I will rarely get shook from a scary movie. I watch them so much and try to chase that feeling of being scared and this one got me shook. Have not been shook from a movie since I was probably a child and i'm 25 years old :lol:

Tons of people liked Insidious but I thought it was OKAY...others also liked drag me to hell and i thought that was HORRIBLE!

Scary movies today are tough to like. Some try too hard and scare you by showing tons of gore (evil dead or saw) and others may scare you but have a weak ending which will kill the whole movie... This movie had everything. It was scary and had a great ending. Scary movies usually try to scare you and not focus on an ending. PLUS this movie is based on a true story so it gets more credibility IMO

Last edited:
Saw it earlier. Solid film. I can see elements of Paranormal, Exorcists movies, and other recent horror films but this takes all those elements and makes them refreshing again. Been awhile since I've enjoyed a scary movie as much as I did this one

Back
Top Bottom