The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

Originally Posted by illfrozn

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I can NOT remember the last time the Cowboys actually drafted a player that I wanted. [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] Boy, this feels so good.[/color] Honestly, since Bryant will be a rookie, I think Roy will be with us this year, but next year, scratch his name off the depth chart ...
word
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dag this sucks, I missed the draft today because of work. To be perfectly honest I'm not familiar with Dez Bryant so I hope he was a good pick for us. Definately won't miss tomorrow...

in the video jerry said he didnt want to give up the 2nd round pick foranything but Gaither or Bethea would be fine with me ...
I mean, it would probably take more than just that pick to get Bethea, but he's a premier safety and 25 years old.

It's easy to say, "Oh, Bethea was a sixth-round pick himself; we can get somebody who will be just as good as him in four years during the rest of the draft," but at this point, I'd rather not take that chance. It's not going to cost us the farm or anything, and we've needed a top-notch safety for how long? Not having one has cost us how many games?

[table][tr][td][h4]DALLAS COWBOYS DEZ BRYANT REPLICA JERSEY - Dallas Cowboys[/h4][/td][/tr][tr][td]
18-1899-Large_Image.jpeg
[/td][/tr][/table]

pimp.gif

I'm suprised Irvin's # isn't retired yet. I thought Dez would've just added a zero to #1 and call it a day. Hopefully his career can mimic Irvin's sans the off the field stuff.

We are stacked on offense. I could see Barber getting traded but who the hell would take that POS Roy E.?

I like the idea of getting Bethea and Gaither, but I don't think Jerry will do what's necessary to get them.

88 though? Eh...would have liked him to start his own legacy with his own number but oh well...

Anyone who bought an Antonio Bryant jersey 7 years ago is probably bringing them out of the closet now
laugh.gif

i just had me a ms. cleo moment ... i envisioned dez in his first game as a cowboy ...

dff1605433369da34753748e40d8dfcceceef3f1.jpg

05c16b5032389aa24561bc69f84b9fa3d6527017.jpg

cc636b8e54403dba3d8095ffaa3343ae9973767e.jpg

43636def52b73e5b370e9912ad0d4d108049329f.jpg

yes i have some of that GOOD
pimp.gif
but 42 catches and over 500 yards with 6 tds would be nice ...

Trade barber while he still has value , and give the ball to choice and sprinkle felix in the mix .

do what ever you can to get roy E off the team
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

all of a sudden if Dez pans out the boys look good this year , we need to address some issues and i think we can make a run .

thats why i wanted to sign some names in the offseason so a move like this could put us over the top

Originally Posted by I AM NAS

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

That schedule is tough!!

QFT
Pretty much. New Orleans AND Indianapolis in back to back games......

ohwell.gif

If we can get a decent Safety in the second round, I'll be more than happy.

Great pickup guys, Bryant will punish NFL teams for years to come.

#88 id do away with before he hits that field if I were him

The secret audio of Jerry Calling Dez is great "Dez do you wanna be a Cowboy ..Dez ...Dez " then all you hear is his Momma screaming in the back

Not a huge fan of Bryant wearing Irvin's # (some things are sacred), but oh well. Hope it rubs off (on the field, not that white) ...

so... Is dez actually going to wear #88?!

eek.gif
those are some high expectations and it would SUCK for him if he didn't live up to the hype.

Cowboys don't really "retire" numbers...even if they go up to the Ring of Honor. I agree, from a fan of history standpoint, I want Dez to start his own legacy behind his own number. But in the end, it's not the first time someone wore 88. Antonio Bryant did it, Jackie Harris did too
laugh.gif
I'm pretty sure 8, 12, and 22 are as good as retired though...no QB or RB is going to come in and take those, especially since they have a wider selection of numbers than WRs.

They say that they're shopping Crayton, Hurd, Spears, and Carpenter. All we need is some extra mid-round picks to try to package in a deal to move up in the 2nd or get into the 3rd round. Spears is probably the only guy worth much

I can't envision any possibility of Jones, Barber, Choice, Austin, Williams, Bryant, Witten and Bennett being on this team come September. Taking Crayton out of the mix is fine because he's terrible and isn't going to require a ton of looks anyway, but you're still left with three possible number one receivers, three possible number one running backs and two possible number one tight ends.

I feel like there is such a thing as having too much talent when you can't utilize all of it fully and have other needs.

I would actually rather keep Crayton over Roy if money didn't matter in the decision. Crayton as a #3 WR is good. He has chemistry with Romo and knows his role when it comes to being JUST a #3 WR. I don't know if you slide Roy to #3, that he could have the same impact because he's used to being a #1 for his entire career so he is accustomed to getting a lot of targets.

If they're not going to trade Barber, they need to just sit down with him and tell them that he is going to have a lesser role for the greater good of the team. He is still the best blocking RB on the team (and with Free unproven at LT, we'll need all the help we can get in pass protection). If we bite the bullet on Barber's contract and just turn him into a 3rd down/passing situation RB then he can still help us out.

I would actually rather keep Crayton over Roy if money didn't matter inthe decision. Crayton as a #3 WR is good. He has chemistry with Romoand knows his role when it comes to being JUST a #3 WR. I don't know ifyou slide Roy to #3, that he could have the same impact because he'sused to being a #1 for his entire career so he is accustomed to gettinga lot of targets.
I completely agree. I was just going with the notion that Crayton was on the block, and not Roy.

I hated the Roy deal from second one, and he's obviously going to have more trade value than Crayton; I would be more than alright with Jerry admitting defeat and flipping him.

Crayton and Hurd were told to look for trades.
laugh.gif

I'd rather cut Roy and keep Pat, but whatever.

Dez in the 88.
pimp.gif

And Kev, Bethea Dream is dead.
laugh.gif
unless you're talking about trading next year picks..

Back
Top Bottom