The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

Im back NT

as a die hard 21 year old cowboys fan i was not old enough to see the glory years.

this makes no sense that our team is SOOO good , but the coaching sets us up to fail .

i dont understand that we are wasting the prime of so many amazing players on both sides of the ball .

if coaching does not change , and we dont take advantage of what we have esp on the offensive side of the ball we will look back on this era
in cowboys sports as a waste , word to the eagles in the 2000s.

its super bowl win or nothing from this point out .

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

i was talking to my friend at work today and he brought up the same point i was thinking in my head so it might have some merit ... we might be so good that we are making a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE coordinator look half way decent ...

romo, witten, barber, felix, miles, dez, roy e, gurode, free etc... there isnt a damn offense in the league that can matchup with us from top to bottom ... it's disgusting ... and we score 7 points ... it doesnt make sense ...
Bro I have been screaming this since the 2007 playoff loss.
Think about the 13-3 season and a loss in the FIRST ROUND!!!!!
Think about Garrett's play calling in that playoff game. The Cowboys had 100yds rushing in the first half alone.

We had a receiver here at the time that caught FOUR touchdowns in one regular season game and he barely saw the ball in that playoff game.

The next year we go 9-7 and everybodys talking about how simple the offense is.

Now we come back and ONLY go 11-5 and the third string fourth year wide receiver is finally found out to be a PRO BOWL receiver.

Start this season and only score 7 points against a team with really no defense at all????? 

He had 6 MONTHS to prepare for the opening game and only got us 6POINTS!!!!!!!!

Garrett doesn't know talent so therefore he doesn't know what to do with talent. Dude is a QB coach at best.

Not a $3million a year Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator.

im like this though, is there any other team in the NFL that has a "project" at kicker? the fg kicker? the person who is responsible for probably 4 games per season when it comes down to it? the person who has certainly not helped us if not was the main factor in losing two games this season ...

but i do have one question ... why does it seem like the teams we are playing never get called for holds on ware? or block in the back on punt and kick returns? i swear to god i watch at least 6 times where no flag was thrown on a penalty ... o well

i say we tank and go for a high draft pick ...

Meeting Quota

Players Call Intensity, Focus Into Question

ARLINGTON, Texas - Most Cowboys players and coaches blamed Sunday's 27-20 loss to Chicago on poor execution and untimely mistakes. Only a couple players were able to offer reasons for those mess-ups.

Cornerbacks Terence Newman and Mike Jenkins said the game was lost in the week of preparation leading up to the home opener. In their opinion, the players didn't take the Bears seriously enough.

"Some things had kind of got let go in practice," Newman said. "It's not our coaches, they don't really know some of the things that were going on, but as players we've got to crack down and make sure some of the stuff that was going on doesn't go on. We've got to make it a game situation in practice. We go hard in practice, but maybe our intensity needs to go up a little bit."

Newman wouldn't give specifics about a lack of intensity, but Jenkins assessed that some players had bought into the praise and high expectations surrounding the team, and didn't think Chicago would be such tough competition. Linebacker Bradie James also pointed out that teams aren't going to lay down for the Cowboys.

"It's bad," Jenkins said. "We got caught up in a lot of hype, and we just need to come out and we need to execute and we need to get W's. There's nothing else to talk about. Everything around us, all the players. You've got a lot of stuff going on. We're the Dallas Cowboys, one of the nation's biggest teams. I think we just need to come out and play ball.

"We probably underestimated them. I think a lot of guys underestimated this game."

Though the 0-2 start was unexpected, back-to-back losses are hardly unprecedented for winning teams. The Cowboys lost their first two games after Thanksgiving last year, once again bringing up talk of a "December swoon," but won their next four, including the club's first playoff victory in 13 years.

"Every team is going to be frustrated at some point in time, for this reason or that reason," Newman said. "I think we need to just come in tomorrow, have a little team meeting and get some things off our chest, because right now this football team has no identity.

Newman said he had talked to fellow members of the secondary Saturday night about creating a reputation as a group that flies around the football and makes plays. He said the offense, defense and special teams each need to make their own identity.

Others didn't believe that intensity was lacking.

"We don't have a bunch of guys that shy away from telling it like it is," Spears said. "So if he does see something that we need to do, and if we're lacking intensity, then he needs to voice that to us so we can get it fixed. But that D-line group that I'm in and that room that I'm in, we go to work every day. So I can't agree with that comment from my perspective."

Unlike Newman, Spears didn't believe a team meeting would fix things. He said the only thing the Cowboys can do to get out of the hole they've created is to start winning.

"Push the easy button, push the panic button and say these guys need to come together and talk," Spears said. "That's not the issue, man. We've got to play better. You can talk about this until you're blue in the face. And you can keep talking and keep talking and end up 0-15, and all you've done all year is had a bunch of team meetings.

"We need to meet on the practice field and meet on Sunday and win games, and that's the cure-all for everything when it comes to this game."

i thought it was TOs fault that the locker room was all divided and people didnt take things seriously? Wade and Garrett have to go, thats it ... I would love Wade to stay on as a d-coordinator but this team needs discipline and if he wont step down then forget it ... Garrett needs to go for obvious reasons ... the team is a joke ...

cowboys are some @$*@
laugh.gif

they SLUM HARD!

im like this though, is there any other team in the NFL that has a "project" at kicker? the fg kicker? the person who is responsible for probably 4 games per season when it comes down to it? the person who has certainly not helped us if not was the main factor in losing two games this season ...

but i do have one question ... why does it seem like the teams we are playing never get called for holds on ware? or block in the back on punt and kick returns? i swear to god i watch at least 6 times where no flag was thrown on a penalty ... o well

i say we tank and go for a high draft pick ...
Agree with everything but the tank part, because in reality our division is completely wide open.

As far as the penalties, damn man I saw Ware get spun around numerous times and the flag never got thrown, but thats fine.  Holds happen every play right.
But what about Roy's fumble???  Martellus gets knocked out of bounds minutes later, but they rules forward progress stopped in bounds.  Roy got pushed back like 5 +!%!!$ yards and then the ball gets ripped out and the rule that a fumble?!?

That !$++ just boggled my mind.  I don't even know if Wade could have challenged that play, but he should've atleast tried. 

And Buehler's gotta go.  Jerry talking about his gut is telling him to stick with him because good things will happen.  Bullshh.

We drafted him for kickoffs, and now he isn't even doing those well. 2-4 on FG's and no touchbacks. 

a win @ Houston and we can go 5-2 heading into Green Bay ... The Titans dont have a QB who can throw and the Steelers just showed us the blueprint for stopping CJ2K, Vikings are all types of struggling but they will probably have either VJAX and Sidney back or at least Sidney, the Giants just got run out the building and the Jaguars looked like a HS team yesterday ...

it all starts at Houston next week ... If we don't win that I don't think we can recover and Jerry will fire Wade or Garrett or both ...

This team isn't gonna rip off 5 straight... No way, no how. I'd love to be wrong but there's no chance.

If we don't make the playoffs, Wade and Garrett are gone. Jerry ain't havin it.

If Hester is out there making Newman look foolish, I'm afraid to see what Johnson will do. Mario Williams is going to wreak havoc, they need to have Witten and Bennett out there almost every down he is out there.

Hopefully they're out there trying out Kris Brown or something.

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

philly has a history of trade blunders, i wonder if they'd trade us romo for vick?
man we dont need no damn vick for romo ... romo %%%+% up, but he is more than capable of winning if he's put in the right situation ...

did anyone watch the skins offense yesterday and against us? they call plays that take advantage of their players abilities ... they have garbage wrs, half an oline, and garbage running backs and are still scoring points ... i dont care of they didnt score against us at least they moved the ball ... our offense looks remedial half the time and the other half is miles austin getting the rock ...

our base package needs to be Barber, Witten and Bennett, Myley Cyrus and Dez ... we need to run that !@#* all $%!@%+@ game ...

We have a gift in having Felix, Barber and Choice as our running backs. Against the Bears, Barber looked great in the first quarter. I believe at one point he had three consecutive runs for 7 or 8 yards. Then Garrett started subbing in Felix, and Felix got nowhere. I don't know if it was the plays that were called or that the defense stepped up, but Felix was not a factor yesterday.

If I was Garrett I would go with whoever the hot back is. Instead of all this splitting carries and getting everyone touches, just use whoever is getting the job done.

You give em all some touches during the first quarter and a half.. see which one is having the most success, and thats the one we feed. Very simple. Against the Skins, all 3 had success, Garrett just stopped running. Against the Bears, it was Barber, and even Choice, but it surely wasn't Felix.

We have enough talent on offense that we don't need to FORCE the ball to anyone, whether it be a running back or a wide receiver.

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

We have a gift in having Felix, Barber and Choice as our running backs. Against the Bears, Barber looked great in the first quarter. I believe at one point he had three consecutive runs for 7 or 8 yards. Then Garrett started subbing in Felix, and Felix got nowhere. I don't know if it was the plays that were called or that the defense stepped up, but Felix was not a factor yesterday.

If I was Garrett I would go with whoever the hot back is. Instead of all this splitting carries and getting everyone touches, just use whoever is getting the job done.

You give em all some touches during the first quarter and a half.. see which one is having the most success, and thats the one we feed. Very simple. Against the Skins, all 3 had success, Garrett just stopped running. Against the Bears, it was Barber, and even Choice, but it surely wasn't Felix.

We have enough talent on offense that we don't need to FORCE the ball to anyone, whether it be a running back or a wide receiver.

Preach brotha, preach.  As much talent as we have we dont need to force anything. Each back will work differently against different teams.  Garrett needs to be shot for having Romo throw that many times it doesn't even allow the play action to be effective.  Penalties are a big thing but we can't put our linemen in a position where they have to pass block 51 times, that lets those DE's just pin their ears back and go.  We also need to get guys like Dez, Miles, Bennett, Choice, and Jones the ball in space and let them make some people miss.

Any word on Mike Jenkins status?

That injury yesterday didn't look good.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Any word on Mike Jenkins status?

That injury yesterday didn't look good.
ohwell.gif
He and Witten look like a go for this week

IRVING, Texas -- Cornerback Mike Jenkins and tight end Jason Witten, the Pro Bowl pair of Dallas Cowboys injured during the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss, both expect to play this weekend.

[h4]More From ESPNDallas.com[/h4]
Everything you need to know about the Cowboys' 27-20 loss to the Bears can be found here:

Cowboys Center | Cowboys Blog

watkins_calvin_m.jpg
The Cowboys (0-2) face long odds to make the playoffs, but disclipline issues are more pressing, ESPNDallas.com's Calvin Watkins writes. Story

MacMahon: Mistakes killed Cowboys O

Witten sustained a slight concussion after making a catch down the middle and getting hit by two Chicago Bears. He said Monday that he feels no symptoms and hopes he'll be cleared to practice Wednesday.

"I'm sure there's protocol you have to follow and get back out there, but I don't see it being any issue," Witten said.

Jenkins suffered a bruised right knee during the drive that resulted in the Bears' final touchdown. An MRI on Monday morning did not reveal any ligament damage, Jenkins said.

"I'll be great," Jenkins said.

Witten was upset that the Cowboys' medical staff didn't clear him to return to the game after evaluating him on the sideline. Television cameras caught him shouting at team doctor Robert Fowler.

A day later, Witten expressed frustration, but not anger.

"It gets a little intense out there," Witten said. "Those trainers and doctors have my best interest at heart and they make those decisions. You want to get back out there and help your team compete and try to find a way to win, and unfortunately we weren't able to do that, but I understand that."

A Cowboys source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Monday that a league source contacted the team and praised their medical staff for not yielding to Witten's demand to re-enter the game.

Outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware sustained a similar concussion the previous week against the Washington ********, sitting out the final six defensive plays. Ware was held out of Wednesday's practice and limited in Thursday's practice but started Sunday against the Bears.

The Cowboys are thin at cornerback and tight end due to decisions made during final cuts. They opted to keep only two tight ends and three cornerbacks on the 53-man roster.

Tim MacMahon covers the Cowboys for ESPN Dallas. You can follow him on Twitter or leave a question for his weekly mailbag.

newman with the players only meeting, wade telling reporters to kick rocks ... "ive heard it all beforrrrrrrrre" ... bunch of bums ...

i dont uaually talk stuff on here unless it's to ******* fans ... and i dont usually partake in childish banter like i see above, but in the event we somehow win, I will make it a point to be prepared for a response to you two gassed up individuals ...

you know the NFL has gone downhill when fans of the Houston Texans are spouting off at the keyboard ... an di would tell you to keep all that mess in your own team thread, but im having trouble finding it ... ... ... ... ...

i dont uaually talk stuff on here unless it's to ******* fans ... and i dont usually partake in childish banter like i see above, but in the event we somehow win, I will make it a point to be prepared for a response to you two gassed up individuals ...

you know the NFL has gone downhill when fans of the Houston Texans are spouting off at the keyboard ... an di would tell you to keep all that mess in your own team thread, but im having trouble finding it ... ... ... ... ...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the NFL hasnt gone downhill, im tired of hearing "super bowl pick" every season when yall fall short every season

im just stating facts.

Theres a new era of Texas football.

im tired of hearing "super bowl pick" every season when yall fall short every season

This one of those get the F^$# outta here comments.  Why you worried about the Boys cause they aren't saying yall a sb pick every year?  Jealous girl type stuff right there.

Back
Top Bottom