THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Movie was excellent, watching on a TRUE IMAX screen (not the bogus fake ones) really does the film justice, action scenes were beautiful, great acting all around.

Will watch a 2nd time but probably on a normal screen at a local theater, don't want to have to show up 3 hours before showtime just to get a perfect seat. :lol:

Michelle Pheiffer's Catwoman > Anne's though....she was much sexier. :pimp:

Last edited:
At the football game, was that Richard from Lost that got blown up, or was that some other person's private box.

Didnt like it the last movie was better.... although Bane was a dope villain
I dont like the fact that the Batman didnt kill the villain with this being the Last Movie!! come on ! I was expecting Batman to take out Banes mask then kill him something epic not with catwoman barging in and shooting him. The ending w the bomb reminded of the scene from ANGELS & DEMONS.

Bats doesn't kill. It would be out of character and would pretty much ruin it since that is what the Joker has been forcing him to do in TDK. killing Bane would make TDK film pointless and will Batman, well not Batman.

At the football game, was that Richard from Lost that got blown up, or was that some other person's private box.

It was him. In The Dark Knight, Nolan uses a similar shot of Rachel just before she blows up, where there's a really quick reaction to what's about to happen and then the scene shifts to view the explosion from the outside. That same reaction is employed by the mayor.

Bane's swag was on the level of 100/1000 Lions like dude said. The roof top scene when he casually walked out while Bats and Catwoman were escaping was :lol: :pimp:

Those fight scenes between Bane and Batman were top notch. The first fight :x. Bane let Batman just swing and swing away :lol:. The way he broke his mask :wow:

The next time they fought was great too. Bane's speed and power seemed to increase when that piece of his mask broke.

Yeah thats him. Also, the guy who plays Baelish on the Game of Thrones was also in the movie.:lol:

It was him. In The Dark Knight, Nolan uses a similar shot of Rachel just before she blows up, where there's a really quick reaction to what's about to happen and then the scene shifts to view the explosion from the outside. That same reaction is employed by the mayor.

Ok. :lol: @ no one caring the Mayor died this time.

I don't know who Baelish is. Is he the pimp guy you're referring to in GoT / Mayor Carcetti from the Wire? If it's the same guy, I always refer to him as Carcetti, even when washing GoT.

Yeah the Mayor dying was "meh oh well" :lol:. He was scheming anyway.

funny how ol girl want to kill batman/ bruce wayne, but still gave up them yambs. like ' yea i hate you, you killed my dad, i must get revenge, but first come clap deez cheeks'
advantage batman lol
i guess this throws out all the conspiracies that 2face didn't die at the end of TDK since they 'didnt actually show him die'
13428750645f1abda2ff.jpg

That mask is so sick, I would just keep it on :lol:

Bats doesn't kill. It would be out of character and would pretty much ruin it since that is what the Joker has been forcing him to do in TDK. killing Bane would make TDK film pointless and will Batman, well not Batman.

Oh yeah like that scene where he was telling cat woman not to use a gun didnt think about that. But lets be honest Bane gave him an asswhoooping and i guess i was expecting him to return the favor in a more brutal way at least have him do it . let us know that HE defeated the villain AND saved the city

Ok. :lol: @ no one caring the Mayor died this time.
I don't know who Baelish is. Is he the pimp guy you're referring to in GoT / Mayor Carcetti from the Wire? If it's the same guy, I always refer to him as Carcetti, even when washing GoT.
yeah this guy. havent seen the wire

Last edited:
honestly i think the threat was bigger in TDKR, but TDR overall as a movie was as close to perfection as youre gonna get. Like, this film was absolutely great, but you can find flaws, on a smaller scale, such as film pace and audio.

i remember i hater batman begins when i first dropped. maybe i need to go back and give it another chance since i now know chris nolan is actually just the mask and he's really NolanGod

Best 2hrs 45mins I ever spent in a theater.

Movie was worth the 17.50 I paid for Imax.

Will for sure see again.

Do some of you really go out of your way to NOT use the spoiler?
mean.gif
I can understand most people didn't know how with yuku, but come on, it's a built-in function now.  Some of you guys need to stay away from the Nolan movies and stick to the Michael Bay movies...

OG prologue>Final prologue, Nolan shouldn't have listen to the fans, bane's voice was horrible in that scene

I agree and laugh at people saying his voice was too dificult to understand. Based upon when the proluge leaked, they DID make his voice easier to understand. Much easier.

"The fire rises" line hit was so weak in the final version. "YES! THE FIRE RISES." It sounded way worse.

Probably should have kept the OG voice and had subtitles.

Last edited:
Oh yeah like that scene where he was telling cat woman not to use a gun didnt think about that. But lets be honest Bane gave him an asswhoooping and i guess i was expecting him to return the favor in a more brutal way at least have him do it . let us know that HE defeated the villain AND saved the city

Bane was defeated and he really couldn't hurt him any longer since he needed more info from him and then Taia stabs him. Given the situation, it made sense. I wanted him to beat Bane senseless too but again there was no time and he needed the bombs location.

It was still a good fight though and Hardys expressions with the very limited view we could see of his face was great. When Talia was talking about him protecting her and how he was exiled because he got her mom raped/killed, you can see the pain and sadness in his eyes. Just insane what Hardy pulled off so I was perfectly happy with what happened and to the extent that it did.

I also like it that once his mask started to break and he was in pain, he went even berserk and became stronger and faster. I think that is like his version of getting injected with Venom but he still lost, which was fine by me. At least got to see him go crazy for a bit.

Do some of you really go out of your way to NOT use the spoiler? :smh: I can understand most people didn't know how with yuku, but come on, it's a built-in function now.  Some of you guys need to stay away from the Nolan movies and stick to the Michael Bay movies...

I agree with you, but just for Bane's sake, why do people who don't want to be spoiled, go to the very last page of a HEAVILY hyped movie thread, a day after it's released and not expect it to be all out spoilers from people excited to have seen it already and want to talk freely about it?

Bane was defeated and he really couldn't hurt him any longer since he needed more info from him and then Taia stabs him. Given the situation, it made sense. I wanted him to beat Bane senseless too but again there was no time and he needed the bombs location.
It was still a good fight though and Hardys expressions with the very limited view we could see of his face was great. When Talia was talking about him protecting her and how he was exiled because he got her mom raped/killed, you can see the pain and sadness in his eyes. Just insane what Hardy pulled off so I was perfectly happy with what happened and to the extent that it did.
I also like it that once his mask started to break and he was in pain, he went even berserk and became stronger and faster. I think that is like his version of getting injected with Venom but he still lost, which was fine by me. At least got to see him go crazy for a bit.
agree, those combos was crazy after bats broke his mask, but he was also sloppy bats was dodging him like ali

I Think bane just got desperate when he felt the pain and just started all out monster mode, like less finesse more just going HAM. Batman and bane where taught some of the same principles by Al Ghul and the league of shadows. That why bane could easily counter some of the moves.

Maybe its the fanboy in me but as soon as Miranda tate was revealed to be Talia Al Ghul i thought...woah when they did it..maybe damian comes later :pimp: , but then she had that Random eyes closing death :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom