THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Do not worry guys, we won't see Blake as Batman anytime soon because Bruce was broke when he gave the cape and cowl to Blake and he simply cannot afford to be Batman.

This expense is reflected on the Forbes Fictional 15 list
laugh.gif

This expense is reflected on the Forbes Fictional 15 list :lol:

But he's Robin! ... Also they surely can't do a Robin film can they? **** Robin. Batman all the way.

What the hell did Tom Hardy do to become that huge? :wow:

I thought it was really good though. Still annoyed Two Face was so short lived and there didn't seem to be a nod to The Joker. And I actually liked Anne Hathaway as CatWoman, wasn't expecting to.

Edit: quoting Mister 916's quote of RFX45 with his added comment is what is supposed to be showing up there -___-

Last edited:
Was Bane's voice really Tom Hardy's? They had to alter it somehow right? It was amazing

I think the accent was indeed his, but with some little effects involved I think.

Edit: I mean some minor effects added.

Last edited:
I hate how they made Batman look weak and as a villian. Movie was ok but the acting didn't come close to The Dark Knight.

Bro, I know what a plot twist is :lol:. After thinking I knew Bane's history for basically the entire film, I just wanted to know his history with the prison. Like if Thalia would have just said two sentences while she was revealing her own history that would have sufficed for me. I don't really feel like reading the comics, that's just not my thing. I just thought including that could have enhanced the movie a little bit...

Those figures can't be right.

The cost of the Manor + his education + the Vehicles are more than the total cost averaged alone.

And then you add the million dollar helmet? Something's just not right :lol:

Either that, or I can't use a calculator :rofl:

But even still, COTDAYUM. You gotta pay the cost to be the BAWSE :pimp:

overrated. the bat wing was weak too. good movie overall but not as good as the other one. Nolan does good work but this wasnt his best. maybe hes jus set the bar too high for himself.

my $0.02

TDKR is by far not a perfect movie, but it's not supposed to be. TDK set the bar soooooo high that no other franchise is even trying to achieve that. Honestly the only other superhero out that comes close movie wise is Iron Man. TDKR wasn't ever set out to beat TDK but looking at the trilogy as a collective you'll see it all tie together. Think of it as a workout: BB is the warm up, TDK is the intense workout and TDKR the cool down.

Bruce getting back to Gotham yeah how'd he do it? Well he's got 3 weeks, he did run with seedy underground criminals for 7 years before he became Batman so those connections are still there and remember being a comic book he's probably got stashes of cash/equipment all over the globe, just like Bond. And he's Batman not the Transporter.

If you take a look at the really big picture and scope of TDKR you'll realize just how grand the movie is. I mean what other movie is gonna use 10,000 extras for the football scene, or 2000+ for the fight sequence between cops and mercs? Plus film all the crazy angles using huge IMAX cameras?

And yeah Talia's death is too funny. The only other time I laughed was before the footbal stadium explosion where Bane says "What a lovely, lovely voice." So random lol

I was actually watching BB and in there Alfred said they had to order 10,000 or 100,000 of the helmets to avoid suspicion so that might be why it cost $1mil? If that isn't the case then I certainly would have spent more than $1k on the groin armour. :lol:

Those figures can't be right.
The cost of the Manor + his education + the Vehicles are more than the total cost averaged alone.
Either that, or I can't use a calculator :rofl:
But even still, COTDAYUM. You gotta pay the cost to be the BAWSE :pimp:

I mean, didnt they buy 10,000 units of the helmet. So thats probably why it came out to 1 mill. But in general he couldnt really be batman without some help. bruce had alfred and lucius. I guess if lucius still helps him, he'd be ok. But those batpod and tumbler repairs arent gonna be cheap. Learning martial arts isnt gonna be cheap etc.

edit: RFX beat me to it

Last edited:
....the reasons i say the movie was wack:

It was too predictable where the first 2 weren’t at all, especially the second one.

I was able to call:
The cops getting trapped underground
The cement truck guy was up to something
Catwoman was setting him up when they went looking for Bane
Blake turning out to be Robin/new Batman. I saw that coming from the trailers because why employ such an A-list actor to play background
I knew that chick Miranda Tate was dirty from her introduction

…things I rolled my eyes over:
- Oh so you mean to tell me the commissioner is still carrying that letter in his pocket DAYS after deciding not to read it?
- the corny *** ‘just in the nick of time’ type scenes.
- that big *** truck with the bomb crashing with the commissioner inside and he wasn’t dead or seriously hurt.
- that big *** truck with the bomb crashing and not blowing up. Didn’t they say it became more unstable as time went on? And this was what less than an hour before it was ready to blow?

…that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. I wanted it to be great, id have settled for good. But this movie was terrible to me. Too Hollywood. The other 2 weren’t Hollywood at all. And that’s what I loved about them.

But he's Robin! ... Also they surely can't do a Robin film can they?

....well, the first thing that entered my mind since they are rebooting Superman was this:

for those that still wonder how joker got his scar...

ahhhh the fix is in, they're really bros!!!!

kinda wish i didn't see the pics. def makes bane look more human and underwhelming. oh well. that bacne tho...
sick.gif
tumblr_m631dy0S0K1qckmajo1_500.png

tumblr_m631dy0S0K1qckmajo2_500.jpg

It happened in the midst of a massive crowd scene on Wall Street in Manhattan, during a fight sequence between their two characters.

“It was the first time I ever heard Christian say he was tired,”Hardy remembers. “I was watching him for however many months getting beaten up and wet and cold, and he never said anything. Inside, I was dying, but I was thinking, ‘This can’t bother me because he’s not bothered.’ But on Wall Street, he just turned and said, ‘You know what? I’m exhausted.’ I said, ‘Me too.’”

“We stopped the fight and started hugging each other,”  Bale adds.

Last edited:
He didn't need to look that ripped since he was wearing a vest for majority of the fight. I think Nolan just wanted huge arms on his Bane.
35alqc3.jpg

I was gonna write up a wall of stuff, but catching up on the last 30 pages, I think more than enough that I agree with has been written on this movie:

Movie was really, really good but not better than TDK and might not be as watchable as the Avengers (completely different movie, I know, but TDKR is just not fun). The film is 2 hours and 45minutes and they packed a lot in the film but it still felt rushed. I really wouldn't have minded another 20-25 extra more minutes to flesh it out and time it better.
Banes voice is somewhat hard to take seriously, it really reminded me of someone with helium and I couldn't get used to it throughout the film. Maybe after a few more showing I would and that would actually help as some of the things he said wasn't very clear. I feel like they could have edited and cleaned it up some more.
Anne as Catwoman was great, she really could act. Hardy did great as Bane as well, his eyes just conveyed so much. Also probably Bales best performance in the trilogy? That is debatable but he played the part well.
Action was great, started somewhat slow but the action picked up. In comparison to the Avengers, it felt like it needed more but overall it had the best action of the trilogy. I just can't say it is better than TDK but it is up there.
Nolan did a good job ending the trilogy but he could have done it better. Still a very good film and sadly that shooting will destroy any chance of it beating the Avengers (I know a douche thing to even mention but it is true).
The film was a bit predictable. What I really loved about TDK was that the Joker was simply always one step ahead of Bats and you never knew what was going to happen. In this one, even though I didn't want to believe it but Talia was predictable and Blake being the next Bats -was Robin?- was also a dead giveaway throughout the film (being an orphan, hesitant to kill, Bats telling him that he should wear a mask, etc...). Although it never really felt like Blake would make a good Bats outside of the same morals he believed in.
Banes/Talias plot was good and I guess you can say it's good that it all comes in circles but I wish there was more to it than just rehashing Ra's plan. A different way to destroy Gotham but for practically the same reasons. After the Joker and his plans in TDK, this one simply pales in comparison.
The film did feel a bit forced at times, like Nolan wanted to satisfy every fan boys dream like including Talia, adding Robin and making him the next Bats, Batplane, breaking his back, etc...
I like the touch of Killian in there being back, if Heath was alive I am sure he would have a cameo in this film too.

Just want to make a public apology to Anne!!!!
I doubted her. She was amazing

why bane gotta sound like sean connery?

So what you are saying is that he gave Gotham hope that if they have this semi revolution than the ordinary citizen wouldnt press the button and they woukd be saved?
I dunno bout that. Don't remember him explicitly saying anything like that at the football stadium. Not sure how the revolution gives any citizen hope bane won't set off the bomb. Unless he said something I missed

my favorite scenes:
when all hell broke loose and people were beating the crap out of rich people, stealing their stuff, bridges destroyed |I
Wayne and Selina dancing together
Bane with the "Mr Wayne". He had some very good one liners. The first fight was amazing.
How Bane interacted with his henchmen. ruthless
The scene with Alfred leaving and the one at the end. He destroyed this role
Football scene was well done.
I loved Bane's voice but I guess I'm in the minority
The stock market scene was dope
loved the cops chasing after batman instead of bane. Showed how Bats truly is despised and the city hated him. Plus how Modine's character was an ambitious fool.
Plane scene was dope
Alfred seeing Wayne at the resturant was great and heartfelt
acting was out of this world for 99 percent of the movie. Anne was amazing. Bale had his best performance of the trilogy. Morgan freeman always good. Oldman is always underrated. Caine...
Scenes I didn't like plus gripes
Almost everything in the jail pit just didn't seem right to me. There was nothing to show that it was the worst place on earth. food and water all provided. Nobody messing with each other. Cheering for each other. The leap to the next stone was anto climactic. It just didnt do anything for me. I understand the hope analogy is included alot in the movie I just wasn't feeling the pit.
How did wayne get to gotham
The second fight was was okay but Batman didn't do that much differant. He is a detective at heart and should have used his brain to defeat Bane as well as his fists. I mean a broken, beaten up, out of practice batman gets a few shots on the mask and thats it? mehh
more details on how he escaped the nuke. yes i know about auto piolot, but a nuke has a fallout radius.
WTF is a chip that erases everything? If i know your face, what is a chip gonna prove?
Talia in the truck was awful. She's a great actress, he's a great director. don't know where that came from
Bit more info on how Blake found out Wayne was batman
How are they gonna live the rest of their lives? Wayne get his money back? how could he, he's buried. Selina just gonna rob people? how is he not going to be recognized?
I want to know how much Bane truly believed in what Talia and him were doing. Was it really just for her? Did they both truly think that gotham was evil and it's time was up an dmust be destroyed? I felt like I understood Ra's motivations much more clearly. There were so many 99% references... did they truly care about wealth disparity? was that a main reason Gotham failed? I just have no idea what either really cared about. Just fufiling Ra's goal but what did they feel about it?
I'm fine with Selina shooting Bane. It redeemed her character. She came back and helped Bruce. If it was a rated R movie it would have been done better. probably a hole through his head.

One more thing.
I think they should have taken the Harry Potter route with this movie and just made it two movies.
They could have fully fleshed everything out and I've never watched a 3 hour movie that I felt like they rushed.

This is a good movie, but for me, it did not top TDK.

A few things i wish is the relationship between bruce and Taila and batman and catwomen were given more time. Hey, I was willing to stay in that theater for 4 hrs if need be. Batman is one of my favorite characters(superman too). But I felt leaving that they should have done more on their relationship.

Bane's voice threw me off at first, it didn't sound like he was talking just him standing there and a voice from who knows where was coming out.lol
The first fight between bane and bats was crazy, but the second fight was to quick for me and the way bane went out, idk, it is what it is.

When Alfred was crying at the grave site, give this man an Oscar.

I did watch it in a regular theater and I'm planning on watching it on IMAX next.

It's weird...basically...I can see where the both of these are coming from:

Just got back....
HOLY @#$# THIS MOVIE WAS AMAZING. Honestly my favorite out of the three and that's saying a lot because TDK is one of my favorite movies ever. Bane was incredible. No romo but his voice was too dope. The fight scenes were straight breathtaking. Oh my, that first fight between Bane and Batman in the sewer I was just mesmerized. Bane straight murked my dude Bats :x
Anne Hathaway....... what more can be said. I'm in love. Head over heels in love (no simp). I knew she would be great for the role (acting wise) and she played the part very well. Couldn't take my eyes off of her every scene she was in.
Bravo to Christopher Nolan, he is a master of his craft and this will go down as one of the greatest trilogies ever. I've been dreading this moment where I sit here typing knowing that the series is over, but I have left the theater utterly satisfied.
Anne Hathaway though.............

I should've saved my money and waited for a TS version to hit the internet, honestly. This movie was bland, and I'm not going to force myself into believing it was good, just cause it's Batman and there is a lot of hype. You most definitely can compare the two, because it's the same movie with a different villain. The Joker was more compelling and it worked, Bane just isnt that interesting. Towards the end I was litterally dozing off. And this is how you know the series itself was bland....cause NO ONE ever mentions the first Batman (which was also boring). The second was just too good, they shoulda ended it there. Or used Mister Freeze instead of a bald Brock Lesner. I will say that I was, shocked and thoroughly pleased by Anne's performance. I never really saw her as "sexy" but I definitely believed it in this movie. The prison storyline was also boring. Bane BARELY caused a mayhem. With The Joker, you litterally felt that the entire city was going crazy.
[COLOR=#red]-The Juice[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom