THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Do you seriously not understand that part? Alfred told him about the cafe, when he goes, and where it is.
he goes there every single year, which was made very clear. He didn't know Bruce would be there. :smh:
therefor, Bruce went there to show Alfred he was safe and happy.

He told him he goes there every year and hopes to see Bruce there with a woman which was what i was commenting on. Yes like dude above said, Bruce makes his dream come true at the end

So out of the blue Bruce Wayne is "IN LOVE" with Selena Kyle before even getting to smash the yams??? Im confused. :lol:

Two things:
1. Anyone else find it odd when the dude helping batman was telling "Bane's" story and was like oh the doc helped him after he was mauled, but then started to state that a child escaped (implying Bane) from there. How you gonna escape as a child and then still be around to be mauled and fixed by the doctor as an adult? Additionally, the child's protector was getting mauled. From that point on I was like that don't be matching up. Was a surprise, but not really when Talia revealed it was her. Thought that was interesting.
2. Is it just me or does it seem like the rope they use to climb is too short for the jump and stops the jumper, like a dog tied to a tree, from making it? Hence the "fear" (use of the rope) is literally what is preventing you from making the jump. Interesting because he is embracing the fear of death but at the same time using it to empower himself.

great catch....I was soo into the movie my mind didn't even consider that little plot hole.

and bruce showing up at that cafe at the end was just used to seal the trilogy....i'm not even gonna think about how bruce even knew when alfred was gonna be at that cafe and all that.

Like I said before.....the ending to this movie was soo damn on point.

As an addendum to my point above, the genius of the conclusion is that it really reconciles one of the major themes of trilogy: duality. We see this portrayed numerous times through: justice/chaos, good/evil, Two-Face/Dent, white knight/dark knight, Ra's/Batman, et al.
The principal manifestation of this struggle with duality, though, is Batman. In BB and TDK, Bruce thinks that he must choose between being either Batman or Bruce Wayne, but never both. In the end, the character finds a way to accept his dual nature: maintaining Batman's status as a symbol for good, and passing his legacy on to Blake, as well as wiping his slate clean with Selina so that he can finally pursue a "normal" life.
This.

Brilliantly put.  Nolan & Co really did something special with this series.

What sets Nolan's Batman movies apart from other action flicks is that he (& his brother) actually develops the characters & have well written scripts on top of great action/gadgetry. I felt like a 10 year old kid when I saw the Batwing in flight & in action (as I did with the Tumbler in BB & the cycle in DKR).

This was a great movie. I really enjoyed it. I wonder what will become of the end, I guess time will tell...

damn man, the movie isn't perfect but teh rock over Hardy? for serious?

dude nailed it. with one tear.

go watch bronson :smokin

damn man, the movie isn't perfect but teh rock over Hardy? for serious?

dude nailed it. with one tear.

go watch bronson
smokin.gif
nobody is saying that 
laugh.gif
 just comparing physiques and who's would be better... not acting skill or nothing

nobody is saying that :lol:  just comparing physiques and who's would be better... not acting skill or nothing

joe pesci is too tiny to be a gangster. i mean im supposed to believe i couldn't step on this dude? Marty needs to hire the undertaker

^ I wanna check out Bronson.  One thing I realized while watching TDK was that in the scene where they change all the phones to sonar, where it's just Batman and Morgan Freeman, if you put your inner fanboy to the side.  Batman is just a rich creep in a suit.  Like this cat dresses like a bat and walks and talks like a douche.  For christ sakes in the earlier portion of the movie his suit was so brolic he couldn't even turn his neck!
roll.gif
./end rant. They are both still my favorite movies(TDK & TDKR).

Idk how y'all watching this 2-3 times :lol:. Movie was cool tho. Long as hell and I ain't gon lie the end was sad :lol:

can someone explain to me the significance of the part in the beginning when Bane transfers blood from the doctor or whoever that was to/from the guy in the body bag during the airplane break scene. I was wondering why he did that and what it meant later on in the movie. Sorry if obvious. I walked in a bit late waiting for my pretzel bites.....

Excellent point.
To expand on your analysis a little, I was listening to an interview Nolan did with Elvis Mitchell on The Treatment, and Nolan mentioned that Bruce takes his father's advice of "Don't be afraid" too literally. Through Batman, Bruce attempts to live without fear-- or in the words of Ra's Al Ghul, "to become more than a man"-- and bring justice to Gotham. This, of course, occupies the first two films.
At the start of TDKR, we see that he has essentially done that-- and yet, personally, he is miserable. Fighting the forces that killed his parents and left him an orphan has resulted in poor health, the death of Rachel, Alfred's leaving the Manor, and a general detachment from the world.
By putting the mask back on to fight Bane in the first act of TDKR, Bruce deludes himself into thinking that to be successful again he must defeat fear (his enemies) as he did before. As Rachel notes in TDK, despite Bruce's statements to the contrary, he needs to be Batman. It is quite literally his way of masking his problems.
In prison, however, Bruce finally learns that fear is on some level necessary to rise out of the pit, and in the short term, save Gotham. At a personal level, this lesson is fully realized in the final scene when he is faced with the decision of dying as Batman (a fearless martyr, and symbol for good) or living a normal life as Bruce Wayne (a man). His internal conflict is displayed in the crucial shot of his face as he flies across the bay. I wonder: is he actually afraid to die? The old Bruce, I think, would have chosen "to do what others cannot" and overcome the ultimate fear-- death-- and allow the bomb explode with him onboard (similar to the sacrifice he makes at the end of TDK). This is what a "hero" is "supposed" to do, and Nolan actually leads us to believe that he has made this choice. But by ejecting, we see the personal development of Bruce's character. Indeed, Bruce has accepted that he cannot be Batman forever. He is human being, with fears, no different than the rest of us.
EDIT: Wow, I can't believe I actually wrote all that about a comic book movie.
embarassed.gif
Great post!

I saw it for the first time today and was really pleased with the way Nolan wrapped up his trilogy. Probably my favorite trilogy besides the original Star Wars.

can someone explain to me the significance of the part in the beginning when Bane transfers blood from the doctor or whoever that was to/from the guy in the body bag during the airplane break scene. I was wondering why he did that and what it meant later on in the movie. Sorry if obvious. I walked in a bit late waiting for my pretzel bites.....
to make it seems as if the doctor was dead

Do people consider Godfather 3 part of the series? To me it's like how Indiana Jones 4 is to the original trilogy.

Not hating on Godfather just want to know what people think about the third one.

To stage the doctor's death in the plane crash.

Bane kidnapped him for his part in getting the nuclear weapon active and ready. Faking the doctor's death via blood transfusion to a spare corpse buys Bane time and kills suspicion of Dr. Pavill's whereabouts.

Leading up to the movie, the still images of Hardy as Bane didn't look promising. However, on screen, he was just fine.

Do people consider Godfather 3 part of the series? To me it's like how Indiana Jones 4 is to the original trilogy.
Not hating on Godfather just want to know what people think about the third one.

I forgot about Indiana Jones. Raiders and Last crusade were :smokin. I dont care much for Temple

^ I wanna check out Bronson.  One thing I realized while watching TDK was that in the scene where they change all the phones to sonar, where it's just Batman and Morgan Freeman, if you put your inner fanboy to the side.  Batman is just a rich creep in a suit.  Like this cat dresses like a bat and walks and talks like a douche.  For christ sakes in the earlier portion of the movie his suit was so brolic he couldn't even turn his neck!:rofl: ./end rant. They are both still my favorite movies(TDK & TDKR).

I've seen it twice so far, plan on going to see it again in IMAX soon :lol:

I saw it twice, Midnight release and then the day of. And seeing it with my family tomorrow. Tomorrow is true IMAX though for the first time.

I saw The Dark Knight 5 times in a week when it came out :nerd: lol

Back
Top Bottom