~| the DOM. KENNEDY thread |~

The other day I was talking with the homie who has at least one placement on DOM's new album.

Told me that the album is already done and mixed, and that that new joint he dropped with Niko G4 is hella old.

Also said that DOM is going for it with this album as far as having a more appealing sound, having records with more energy and what not and that people will like this new joint from him.

I actually looked (and still do) up to DOM man. He lives like 2 minutes away from me. First guy that I ever heard rap about the exact place that I live. But i'm not looking forward to this new project though. I think he's took the lazy, laid back, westcoast act too far and it's interfered with his musicianship. It seems like He doesn't really take care of his music anymore, like it sounds thoughtless and effortless. We'll see on the new project though.
if theres Cardo xDom, its gotta be lit
this one was dope, he also had veres with Casey Veggies on actin Up and Pop Off

The thing with DOM is, is that he is for sure not the best when it comes to purely rapping. The bars were never really there. 

What he was elite at was the aesthetic that he gave you with the music and he got lazy, and started shortchanging that.

It's like if you're a basketball player, you can't get away with a half assed effort on the floor if you're a below average athlete to begin with, you'll look terrible.

:lol: yeah Idk what you talking bout. It's not that deep. He just voice just sounds bad and he sounds like he's falling asleep when rapping. That's literally the only problem I got with him rn

You basically sayin you like his old **** and none of his old ****.
Nah not really. There was musicianship with Locals Only, and on Westside I and Westside II. There was real effort being made to make rap music that went along with his laid back image that he was portraying. 

Now, it sounds like he doesn't even try, He's even more unimaginative than before, and he's basic as hell. There's literally nothing distinct about him now.

Some dope features:
Throw tour hood up
Ice cream
Lord knows
On the regular
Goin up
Golden state of mind

His flow sounds fine there...not sure what else is going on

I can deal with this delievery he uses now on hooks not verses like
Dance with me (rjs song)
My section
Hold on to her

Ice cream he gets away with rappping his verse that way and still sounds good

Imma just say nah to all of this. I get Dom never reached a high level of lyricism but dude definitely had witty bars and knew how to say mack ****.

Like I said ain't too much odds against him and I doubt this many ppl are mad at him if they didn't want to see him do well. Plenty of artists have back to back meh peojects and then drop heat

I personally think him being a Dad may have changed him. That combined with Kendrick Lamar's success.

other than giving niko a look...not sure why an old track would come out after a hiatus that doesnt reflect the new direction (if true).

doesn't make sense. especially when the result is becoming a trending topic for the wrong reasons.

dom was def witty & on that playa 5*&T so you could easily throw his joints on in alot of situation especially w some girls

things started to get shakey when he stopped dropping in the summertime...

artists are people though *cliche* so you never know whats going on fr fr

its just wild when you see someone create a lane and it fades away a bit. especially coming from someone who was on NT

like i said between him and overdoz pretty much breaking up im so tight.

i wanted to see them and nipsey WIN

still do so ima still support

/NTa&r

things started to get shakey when he stopped dropping in the summertime...

artists are people though *cliche* so you never know whats going on fr fr

idk dawg OGDK & From the WestSide 1 both dropped in March and were pretty good
I'd even include GHS but dudes be trippin

What does being a dad have to do with it?

Dom kid like 5 or 6. His music hasn't been weak that long. Personally I think he's focusing more on building his brand. He's got artists and a company maybe he's putting more energy in.

His verse on she belongs to the city was pretty coo too.

we in here reaching for answers :rofl:

anytime after it warms up from winter is a go.

mainly meant get home safely tho.

w/ overdoz it seemed like one of the members was at odds w all or some of the others or etc.

no idea really besides passive aggressive IG posts.

their video guy was on NT. i think he stopped working w them.

they went from getting big upped from skateboard p, getting their own tour, to just fading/limbo/hiatus whatever they doin

took maddd long for their last project to come out

Didn't even know Overdoz broke up. Damn.

As for Dom he starting on the decline when started talking about not wanting to be be looked at as just a Summer artist. I get him not wanting to be pigeonholed, but he legit had spring break/summertime on lock. I hate this word now, but dudes music was a "vibe." Went from laid back, playa ish w/ Poly production to teaching us how to make lemonade.

Los angeles is not for sale

It has to be a classic based off that title

I don't know how I feel about this dropping in the fall but based off that title he may be switching it up topic wise

We'll see...I just hope he is recording sober and not on that lazy flow

Dom gotta realize it's lanes in this life & you gotta play your position. If you do something well & you can be lucrative at it don't try to go against your vibe, that's all ego. It ain't like he's the most
lyrical dude. He makes music for chilling out & getting girls. Let's leave it at that & keep the good music flowing.

He's been dropping trash lately but tbh dom got enough juice to come back & surprise us all. I'm hoping for it.

Back
Top Bottom