The Earl Sweatshirt album is gonna be a problem...

Its cool but he aint finna keep my attention for a whole album rapping that bored like dude raps like he is reading out of a book outloud in class its sad because Earl has talent .OF beats gonna hold him back and hurt him,

he sounds like an audio dictionary, boring as hell.

Yea, I haven't heard much of his stuff, but the little I've heard all sounds sounds like this. "Chum" is a really good concept and stuff, but damn, dude downed a bottle of Nyquil before his verses :lol:

I actually enjoyed "Whoa" but yeah his voice seemed really boring and lazy...  but really liked everything else and Tyler in the cameo and few other parts in the song.

I like his rapping style, personally.

Better than hearing all these other dudes yelling on every track

this song is wack

he can rap, but creating full songs is not a strength of his or tylers

He'll gain about as much fame as Tyler if not less. Yeah they're big for a minute but that's about it. Frank Ocean is the true star out of OF.

He'll gain about as much fame as Tyler if not less. Yeah they're big for a minute but that's about it. Frank Ocean is the true star out of OF.
Came to this consensus after checking out more OF tapes. Tyler even admitted on sway he lost it lmao

This dude said Kendrick-type impact though.  C'mon son.  
Tyler (and Earl as a result) had 100x more buzz than Kendrick though.  If he had struck while the iron was hot...
Not sure I'd agree with that, but at this point it doesn't even matter.  The key word you wrote is "had".  That buzz is long gone and isn't ever coming back, hence why none of OF will have the impact Kendrick had.  Ever.  

Their time to really shine came and went.  

Not sure I'd agree with that, but at this point it doesn't even matter.  The key word you wrote is "had".  That buzz is long gone and isn't ever coming back, hence why none of OF will have the impact Kendrick had.  Ever.  

It will be very hard for him to have the impact Kendrick had on the mainstream rap landscape, but as far as being someone whose name is around and then releases an album that's so fresh and different than what every other rap scene is doing...I think that's a strong possible. He already has A LOT of critical love, as evidenced most prominently by both Chum and Whoa getting best new tracks on p4k (no matter your personal feelings on pitchfork, this means something). Lots of critics are heaping praise on him already.

This dude said Kendrick-type impact though.  C'mon son.  
Tyler (and Earl as a result) had 100x more buzz than Kendrick though.  If he had struck while the iron was hot...

Tyler was on the cover of every magazine, and had the NY Times tail him for a month.

His merchandise sells out.  He had his own television show.

Tyler is bigger than Kendrick.  He's not a better rapper.  But he is the bigger artist.

Last edited:
Kendrick is the biggest thing buzzing RIGHT NOW in rap.  There's no question about that.  But Tyler had MORE buzz than him when he started and has a bigger established base. 

Are you really gonna sit here and try to argue that TDE is even coming close to touching what OFWGKTA did?

Every kid on Tumblr under the age of 18 was an OF stan.  If Tyler actually knew what he was doing/cared about his music and selling it he could have done Drake numbers.

Tyler made all his money strictly off the image and culture he sold to people.  Kendrick isn't touching that.

Last edited:
Tyler is a bigger artist than Kendrick, whether in 2011 or 2013.....?........:rofl: :rofl:
Outside of the hip hop community, definitely.

Dude has white girls at his shows begging him to sign their *******, c'mon now :lol:

Kendrick is the biggest thing buzzing RIGHT NOW in rap.  There's no question about that.  But Tyler had MORE buzz than him when he started and has a bigger established base. 

Are you really gonna sit here and try to argue that TDE is even coming close to touching what OFWGKTA did?
Every kid on Tumblr under the age of 18 was an OF stan.  If Tyler actually knew what he was doing/cared about his music and selling it he could have done Drake numbers.
Tyler made all his money strictly off the image and culture he sold to people.  Kendrick isn't touching that.

That's the key word right there. Currently, OF may as well be the dudes after Spaceghostpurrp.

You're definitely right about what could've been, but they capitalized on nothing. Other than a Mellowhype album and maybe a mixtape or two (Domo/ALC :pimp: :pimp:), they really did nothing.

Who do you think has more name/face recognition in the world right now.

Tyler the Creator or Kendrick Lamar?

Back
Top Bottom