The Eastbay Re-Stock Thread **update pg. 10** Vol. Gold Club Member

Our Loyalty club has been updated!
Customers now have three levels to pick from: Silver, Gold and Platinum.

Silver is $9.99 with free 4-5 business day shipping.
Gold is $19.99 with free 3 business day shipping and 25% off a future order.
Platinum is $39.99 with free 2 business day shipping 25% off a future order and free returns for one year.

All current Gold Club members will receive the same benefits they are recieving now. These are also the same benefits as outlined in the Gold membership above.

Customers will not be allowed to upgrade or downgrade which program they are enrolled in during membership. Customers must also wait until their current membership expires before they can join a new club at any level.

Some promotions will only be sent to certain levels of membership. So, higher club levels could potentially receive better promotions and offers. This in no way is a guarantee that any level will receive exclusive restock information, but it is certainly a possibility. Again, I do not mean to imply that there will be additional restocks. We are just not sure one way or another at this time.

Members will have the option to upgrade their shipping time frames at all levels, however the additonal costs will vary.

Hope this was helpful. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.

EastbayRep - Dustin

^ could you provide more info about the 800 number and what that means for each club level.

^ could you provide more info about the 800 number and what that means for each club level.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

The will be a seperate 800 number for all levels of our Loyalty Club. The 800 number is not publically available and can not be used by non Loyalty club numbers. Because of this, the amount of people using the Loyalty lines is much less than our primary line. This normally allows Loyalty Club members to contact us faster than other customers. Please Note: this does not guarantee club members will be placed at the head of the line when ordering. On normal releases, orders are fulfilled in the order they were received no matter the Loyalty Club status. Thank you.

EastbayRep - Dustin

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

The will be a seperate 800 number for all levels of our Loyalty Club. The 800 number is not publically available and can not be used by non Loyalty club numbers. Because of this, the amount of people using the Loyalty lines is much less than our primary line. This normally allows Loyalty Club members to contact us faster than other customers. Please Note: this does not guarantee club members will be placed at the head of the line when ordering. On normal releases, orders are fulfilled in the order they were received no matter the Loyalty Club status. Thank you.

EastbayRep - Dustin

Very nice, might just join the Gold Club or  Loyalty Club! 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by 19MushiMushi88

Originally Posted by bOba BaLLa

Free shipping is not always available. The $20 for a year is not much for me considering how much I buy from Eastbay each year. I pay for the convenience, and knowing I can cop an item right away in my size if I see it online. If I drive out to a local store, I have to pay for gas, and sometimes bridge toll ($5), and they might not even have my size. If they don't have my size, then I just wasted my time and gas for nothing. The tax thing does suck though and it does make me shop around now to see where I can get the best deal. Before it was Eastbay FTW without the tax.
See thats just the thing, I don't buy much if any from eastbay at all (except for here lately been buying every release through them) as far as stores go I call ahead got all my local shops in my phone so i call ahead have them put it by the register, and my stores are close like 8-10 mins from my house. now I dont pay tax so thats not it I guess I just feel betrayed as the aren't keeping the restock program going.
I know they didn't say that they would but to me it seemed implied and now it seems like they pulled the rug out from under us.

I for one want the restocks but if thats not an option heck can you at least dbl. box my orders for effs sake!!! tired of my boxes looking like donkey kong works at UPS

Any Eastbay employees that represent the company in anyway clearly mark themselves as EastbayReps when responding. That is not to say some of our Sneakerhead employees do not come to the forums for personal use, but to my knowledge the only Eastbay presence on Nike Talk is Ray, Ryan and myself. Our Gold Club program has many benefits and although some may not find it helpful, it can save customers a ton of money. bOba BaLLa is very correct. Free shipping for orders over $75 is simply one of our promotions and is not always available. Also, only one promotion can be used at a time. Without the Gold Club advantages you would have to choose between free shipping and discounted merchandise. With the Gold Club, you can have both as well as upgraded 3-day shipping. This cuts both our processing/packaging time frame and our standard shipping time frame in half.

Mushi you are also correect. We understand that the Gold Club is not best for everyone. It is a $20 investment that normally requires 2-3 orders to pay for itself. If you do not order 2-3 times a year or more from us, it may not be a good idea for you. If you do order from us frequently the Gold Club benefits will definately save you money. Many times to save on shipping costs people will let orders build up or order with other people. The Gold Club allows you to order any item at any time and not have to pay for the shipping costs. Please note: our standard domestic shipping costs are $7.99 + $1.99 for each additional item. Each Gold Club purchase saves the customer a minimum of $7.99 everytime they order for a year.

Please understand that we have not tried to imply there would be additional Gold Club exclusive restocks. We have left the possibilty of a future exclusive restock open, but have no plans made at this time. We can not claim there will be more because we have not planned any, but we can not claim they are done because it is always a possibilty. All we can claim is at this time, we do not have any planned. I fully understand how this wording can be taken multiple ways, and assumptions can be made. Unfortunately, there is not concrete information one way or another. As for your damaged boxes, feel free to DM at any time. We are here to help and like to make things right.

Having said all that, Eastbay has recently unveiled it's new Loyalty Club program. Expect a post in this thread soon explaining the details. Thank you.

EastbayRep - Dustin
thats just it! i can't use discounts on the items i want to buy anyway because you can't use it on jordans Foamposite's basically any hyped release is excluded so that doesn't do me any good unless I want to buy some SC Trainers or some Saucony's. Having the option to stack coupons but never on items you want is like not having the option at all!
In the meantime there are birthday coupons that I can use at footlocker which save me 25 dollars, I can use it on Jordans even with tax it's still less and I don't have to wait till thursday for a saturday release to get a beatup box with blk and metallic silver V's in it that look burned or worn in spots.
tired.gif

At this point and apparently it has been for some time Eastbay has the weakest V.I.P loyalty program out there and the more costly as well, you can only expect to save money if you currently buy from them constantly if not you are wasting your time.

And now you can join their platinum program for another twenty dollars making 40 bucks total for free 2 day shipping ( but since they don't ship till Monday means it won't arrive till Wednesday) 25% off a future order ( excluding all Jordans, Foamposites, Lebrons, etc basically any high profit item) and free returns for a year.

And you now have to order through them at least 5 to 6 times with their ridiculous timer or phone line just to make the $40 dollars you invested for the membership worth it.
Don't think that just because you bought a platinum membership that by any means you will be able to call an order in and it get you to the front of the line that is not the case and I appreciate them being sure to point that out.

Originally Posted by bOba BaLLa

Free shipping is not always available. The $20 for a year is not much for me considering how much I buy from Eastbay each year. I pay for the convenience, and knowing I can cop an item right away in my size if I see it online. If I drive out to a local store, I have to pay for gas, and sometimes bridge toll ($5), and they might not even have my size. If they don't have my size, then I just wasted my time and gas for nothing. The tax thing does suck though and it does make me shop around now to see where I can get the best deal. Before it was Eastbay FTW without the tax.
See thats just the thing, I don't buy much if any from eastbay at all (except for here lately been buying every release through them) as far as stores go I call ahead got all my local shops in my phone so i call ahead have them put it by the register, and my stores are close like 8-10 mins from my house. now I dont pay tax so thats not it I guess I just feel betrayed as the aren't keeping the restock program going.
I know they didn't say that they would but to me it seemed implied and now it seems like they pulled the rug out from under us.

I for one want the restocks but if thats not an option heck can you at least dbl. box my orders for effs sake!!! tired of my boxes looking like donkey kong works at UPS

Any Eastbay employees that represent the company in anyway clearly mark themselves as EastbayReps when responding. That is not to say some of our Sneakerhead employees do not come to the forums for personal use, but to my knowledge the only Eastbay presence on Nike Talk is Ray, Ryan and myself. Our Gold Club program has many benefits and although some may not find it helpful, it can save customers a ton of money. bOba BaLLa is very correct. Free shipping for orders over $75 is simply one of our promotions and is not always available. Also, only one promotion can be used at a time. Without the Gold Club advantages you would have to choose between free shipping and discounted merchandise. With the Gold Club, you can have both as well as upgraded 3-day shipping. This cuts both our processing/packaging time frame and our standard shipping time frame in half.

Mushi you are also correect. We understand that the Gold Club is not best for everyone. It is a $20 investment that normally requires 2-3 orders to pay for itself. If you do not order 2-3 times a year or more from us, it may not be a good idea for you. If you do order from us frequently the Gold Club benefits will definately save you money. Many times to save on shipping costs people will let orders build up or order with other people. The Gold Club allows you to order any item at any time and not have to pay for the shipping costs. Please note: our standard domestic shipping costs are $7.99 + $1.99 for each additional item. Each Gold Club purchase saves the customer a minimum of $7.99 everytime they order for a year.

Please understand that we have not tried to imply there would be additional Gold Club exclusive restocks. We have left the possibilty of a future exclusive restock open, but have no plans made at this time. We can not claim there will be more because we have not planned any, but we can not claim they are done because it is always a possibilty. All we can claim is at this time, we do not have any planned. I fully understand how this wording can be taken multiple ways, and assumptions can be made. Unfortunately, there is not concrete information one way or another. As for your damaged boxes, feel free to DM at any time. We are here to help and like to make things right.

Having said all that, Eastbay has recently unveiled it's new Loyalty Club program. Expect a post in this thread soon explaining the details. Thank you.

EastbayRep - Dustin
thats just it! i can't use discounts on the items i want to buy anyway because you can't use it on jordans Foamposite's basically any hyped release is excluded so that doesn't do me any good unless I want to buy some SC Trainers or some Saucony's. Having the option to stack coupons but never on items you want is like not having the option at all!
In the meantime there are birthday coupons that I can use at footlocker which save me 25 dollars, I can use it on Jordans even with tax it's still less and I don't have to wait till thursday for a saturday release to get a beatup box with blk and metallic silver V's in it that look burned or worn in spots.
tired.gif

At this point and apparently it has been for some time Eastbay has the weakest V.I.P loyalty program out there and the more costly as well, you can only expect to save money if you currently buy from them constantly if not you are wasting your time.

And now you can join their platinum program for another twenty dollars making 40 bucks total for free 2 day shipping ( but since they don't ship till Monday means it won't arrive till Wednesday) 25% off a future order ( excluding all Jordans, Foamposites, Lebrons, etc basically any high profit item) and free returns for a year.

And you now have to order through them at least 5 to 6 times with their ridiculous timer or phone line just to make the $40 dollars you invested for the membership worth it.
Don't think that just because you bought a platinum membership that by any means you will be able to call an order in and it get you to the front of the line that is not the case and I appreciate them being sure to point that out.

EastbayRep - Dustin
tired.gif

Our Loyalty Program is not for everyone, but is it great for a huge chunk of our customer base.  All I can say is you do what is best for you and let everyone else do what is best for them.  Trying to argue a point on why it is not great for you is fine, but just because it is not great for you that does not mean it is not great for everyone else.  It is impossible to please everyone, that is just how it goes.

We are slowly getting better with shipping new releases in a box, after collecting and forwarding all the feedback we have gotten from NikeTalk and other sources.  As for waiting for the shoe and finding out the shoe has a defect, that is the risk you take when ordering from any online shop.

EastbayRep - Ray

EastbayRep - Dustin
tired.gif

Our Loyalty Program is not for everyone, but is it great for a huge chunk of our customer base.  All I can say is you do what is best for you and let everyone else do what is best for them.  Trying to argue a point on why it is not great for you is fine, but just because it is not great for you that does not mean it is not great for everyone else.  It is impossible to please everyone, that is just how it goes.

We are slowly getting better with shipping new releases in a box, after collecting and forwarding all the feedback we have gotten from NikeTalk and other sources.  As for waiting for the shoe and finding out the shoe has a defect, that is the risk you take when ordering from any online shop.

EastbayRep - Ray

not sure if anyone saw this, but:

http://www.eastbay.com/pr...ay-loyalty-club/?cm=Home

Silver Club: 9.99

FREE STANDARD SHIPPING for one year.
1-year catalog subscription.
Exclusive, member-only email promotions.
Eastbay Silver Club 800 LINE for member-only customer service.

Gold Club: 19.99

FREE 3-DAY SHIPPING for one year.
25% OFF a future purchase (no minimum) with a one-time use code. Your code will be emailed to you within 2 business days.
Eastbay Gold Club 800 LINE for member-only customer service.

Platinum Club: $39.99

FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING for one year.
FREE RETURN SHIPPING for one year (must be processed within 90 days from date of shipment).
25% OFF a future purchase (no minimum) with a one-time use code. Your code will be emailed to you within 2 business days.
Eastbay Platinum Club 800 LINE for member-only customer service.

not sure if anyone saw this, but:

http://www.eastbay.com/pr...ay-loyalty-club/?cm=Home

Silver Club: 9.99

FREE STANDARD SHIPPING for one year.
Eastbay Silver Club 800 LINE for member-only customer service.

Gold Club: 19.99

FREE 3-DAY SHIPPING for one year.
Eastbay Gold Club 800 LINE for member-only customer service.

Platinum Club: $39.99

FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING for one year.
FREE RETURN SHIPPING for one year (must be processed within 90 days from date of shipment).
Eastbay Platinum Club 800 LINE for member-only customer service.

EastbayRep wrote: As for waiting for the shoe and finding out the shoe has a defect, that is the risk you take when ordering from any online shop.

EastbayRep - Ray

This isn't exactly a well-reasoned equivalence.  Equating buying sneakers online to the generality of online purchasing under one umbrella is a bit unfair.  You'd be hard-pressed to find a product that sells as fast as certain Jordan releases do.  Thus, the problem that there's no recourse (other than sucking it up and losing the shoes) if your pair is warped is legit considering the cost and level of risk.   Even with 2-day shipping you still would be SOL.  That you're sacrificing full price without ever having any chance at a couple bucks off, and taking the risk of getting a poorly structured pair, all for the convenience of locking up a pair online, seems to be kind of ambiguous in claiming as a fair trade-off.  In the meantime, your sister companies offer discounts on new releases for things as simple as having a birthday or completing a 30 second survey.   It doesn't seem unreasonable to expect some sort of concession from a customer's standpoint on Eastbay.  I'm not saying it needs to be regular, but it would be nice to be thrown a bone every now and then.

The Gold Club membership is great, pays for itself fairly quickly.  But I have a 25% discount code that I received, part of the offer I was given in purchasing it, and I'm not ever going to ever be able to use it.  That sucks. 

EastbayRep wrote: As for waiting for the shoe and finding out the shoe has a defect, that is the risk you take when ordering from any online shop.

EastbayRep - Ray

This isn't exactly a well-reasoned equivalence.  Equating buying sneakers online to the generality of online purchasing under one umbrella is a bit unfair.  You'd be hard-pressed to find a product that sells as fast as certain Jordan releases do.  Thus, the problem that there's no recourse (other than sucking it up and losing the shoes) if your pair is warped is legit considering the cost and level of risk.   Even with 2-day shipping you still would be SOL.  That you're sacrificing full price without ever having any chance at a couple bucks off, and taking the risk of getting a poorly structured pair, all for the convenience of locking up a pair online, seems to be kind of ambiguous in claiming as a fair trade-off.  In the meantime, your sister companies offer discounts on new releases for things as simple as having a birthday or completing a 30 second survey.   It doesn't seem unreasonable to expect some sort of concession from a customer's standpoint on Eastbay.  I'm not saying it needs to be regular, but it would be nice to be thrown a bone every now and then.

The Gold Club membership is great, pays for itself fairly quickly.  But I have a 25% discount code that I received, part of the offer I was given in purchasing it, and I'm not ever going to ever be able to use it.  That sucks. 

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

EastbayRep - Ray

The quote you pulled was my response to the comment below.  It sounded like 19MushiMushi88 was referring to the Metallic Silver Vs IgotthatFIREMAN received from another shop that looked like it was burned in some spots.  I was just saying that this is the risk customers take when buying online, as they do not know what the condition the shoe is in until they receive it.  Otherwise, most of the time the shoes are just fine.

"I don't have to wait till thursday for a saturday release to get a beatup box with blk and metallic silver V's in it that look burned or worn in spots.
tired.gif
"
As for your comments on offering a birthday coupon or something once in a while on a new release, I have passed them on for further consideration.

With the one time use 25% off discount, are you saying there is absolutely nothing on our website that you would like to order that you can use the discount on?  What about some socks, pants, a jacket or maybe a jersey? 

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

EastbayRep - Ray

The quote you pulled was my response to the comment below.  It sounded like 19MushiMushi88 was referring to the Metallic Silver Vs IgotthatFIREMAN received from another shop that looked like it was burned in some spots.  I was just saying that this is the risk customers take when buying online, as they do not know what the condition the shoe is in until they receive it.  Otherwise, most of the time the shoes are just fine.

"I don't have to wait till thursday for a saturday release to get a beatup box with blk and metallic silver V's in it that look burned or worn in spots.
tired.gif
"
As for your comments on offering a birthday coupon or something once in a while on a new release, I have passed them on for further consideration.

With the one time use 25% off discount, are you saying there is absolutely nothing on our website that you would like to order that you can use the discount on?  What about some socks, pants, a jacket or maybe a jersey? 

EastbayRep - Ray

EastBay - Ray

I think you guys should consider a rating and weighting system for those of use who are members of a certain medal. For instance, those customers who were Gold Members would be able to add shoes into their cart over a general consumer, same would apply for telephone orders. But a customer who was a Platinum level would have a higher rating thus be weighted heavier in your system, allowing them a better chance of purchase. Or have a presale for members only.

For that dude complaining about your Metallic V's, that's all JB. Eastbay doesn't have shoe elves that inspect all of their shipped pairs (would be awesome if you did though).

EastBay - Ray

I think you guys should consider a rating and weighting system for those of use who are members of a certain medal. For instance, those customers who were Gold Members would be able to add shoes into their cart over a general consumer, same would apply for telephone orders. But a customer who was a Platinum level would have a higher rating thus be weighted heavier in your system, allowing them a better chance of purchase. Or have a presale for members only.

For that dude complaining about your Metallic V's, that's all JB. Eastbay doesn't have shoe elves that inspect all of their shipped pairs (would be awesome if you did though).

Originally Posted by 843airmaestro

EastBay - Ray

We are always trying to find ways to improve our services, so keep sending us your ideas.  I have passed your comments on for further consideration.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by 843airmaestro

EastBay - Ray

We are always trying to find ways to improve our services, so keep sending us your ideas.  I have passed your comments on for further consideration.

EastbayRep - Ray

Is there a way I can upgrade to platinum from gold club for just $20? If so, will it include another $25% code again?

edit- nevermind read last page.....oh well

Is there a way I can upgrade to platinum from gold club for just $20? If so, will it include another $25% code again?

edit- nevermind read last page.....oh well

Back
Top Bottom