The Effeminization Of Male Fashion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to feel the same way.. like, this is OD.

then I realized, the things I look at are pretty narrow. News, sports, old school rap.

Watching some teen show w/ my dip (her guilty pleasure :rolleyes) and there was a lesbian couple on there.

she has a a 9 year old

I asked her point blank: do you feel it’s extra gay **** out there. I hear people say it but I never felt pressured or like it was thrown in my face

she went on to talk for 20 min now it’s so much gay **** in little kids media, it’s noticeable.

anybody with kids want to opine?

:nerd: :nerd:

Sex Ed is taboo yet at the same time sex sells. It's every where in marketing. Now you have to deal with explaining "alternative lifestyles" to a child. A child.
Do ppl not understand how distracted sex is to a developing child?

I went to my ladies house for a family dinner and her little brother said someone was gay in a general description kind of way. The other sister became enraged and ready to fight over her brother just describing someone as gay.

You see they youngins have learned that calling someone gay is just as as calling someone the N word and something to stand on a soap box over. They've been indoctrinated into thinking that there is no difference in sexual orientation which trickles in to gender fluidity. You can't say someone is gay. Can't call a child a boy or a girl because they haven't made up their mind yet. It's all a cluster****

Tampon labels have to gender neutral. Does a gay guy have a period? Is he really being discriminated against because tampons are targeted btowards females?

nah, gender was just used interchangeably with sex up until a couple of years back da T in LGBT want to upend da idea that sex is biological...

nah, trust me. gender is socially constructed. if people were using it interchangeably, they were doing it wrong. dont most people learn the difference in middle school?

in order to continue speaking of a "gay agenda" does this include only humans, what about the high percentage of animals that engage in homosexual activities also, is there an agenda for them also, since it's not "naturally occurring" (btw, about 90% of giraffes engage in male on male sex, including flirting, a fifth of all swans are gay, they even adopt orphaned eggs & raise them)... someone help me out?

it costs you nothing to respect others as they wish, as they identify, or as they want to be seen as, gender is a social construct that doesn't really need to exist, & gender roles are an antiquated way of thinking & haven't aged well in society, i'm blessed to be in a relationship with a woman that doesn't believe in them either. in regards to clothing, i wear what i like, because i look good in it, end of story, funny thing is, back when rockstars wore all these things there wasn't an issue of questions of their sexuality, but as soon as it crossed over into african-american lifestyles & music, there was an issue.

Just because you use words incorrectly doesn’t mean everyone else does the same.

:lol: you wanna impress me? pull out a old dictionary that isn't susceptible to da whims of political correctness and you'll see its interchangeably used as biological sex.

she went on to talk for 20 min now it’s so much gay **** in little kids media, it’s noticeable.

anybody with kids want to opine?

:nerd: :nerd:

there are a lot of borderline jokes, and more feminine young male characters than I’ve ever seen on TV. depending on what your kid watches and listens to it’s noticeable.

one thing though is the effort to sell sex to kids is strong. Very very strong.

nah, fashion has jumped off da chronological linear graph we used to know and it's now no holds barred anything goes with da advent of social media.

depends on where you looking really. I see heavy past influences mixed with athleisure here.

funny thing is, back when rockstars wore all these things there wasn't an issue of questions of their sexuality, but as soon as it crossed over into african-american lifestyles & music, there was an issue.
Yes it was. Glam rockers was looked down upon as weirdos and other words I can’t say. Was looked down upon so much, other styles of rock music emerged as a result to be the opposite of all that

:lol: you wanna impress me? pull out a old dictionary that isn't susceptible to da whims of political correctness and you'll see its interchangeably used as biological sex.
You want me to do your homework for you?

Sex Ed is taboo yet at the same time sex sells. It's every where in marketing. Now you have to deal with explaining "alternative lifestyles" to a child. A child.
Do ppl not understand how distracted sex is to a developing child?

I went to my ladies house for a family dinner and her little brother said someone was gay in a general description kind of way. The other sister became enraged and ready to fight over her brother just describing someone as gay.

You see they youngins have learned that calling someone gay is just as as calling someone the N word and something to stand on a soap box over. They've been indoctrinated into thinking that there is no difference in sexual orientation which trickles in to gender fluidity. You can't say someone is gay. Can't call a child a boy or a girl because they haven't made up their mind yet. It's all a cluster****

Tampon labels have to gender neutral. Does a gay guy have a period? Is he really being discriminated against because tampons are targeted btowards females?

who cares about what you have to explain to your child, the majority of gay people spent their lives having to see heterosexual love displayed & it didn't turn them straight, so why do people think suddenly your child is gon' wanna engage in homosexual activities just because they see a gay couple kissing, it's dumb as fuq.

additionally, tampons are for people with vaginas, some trans men who were born as biological females still have periods. no you can't just up & call someone gay as a means to call them lesser than or stupid, boohoo ... look at what you're complaining about, lmfao ...disgusting.

Yes it was. Glam rockers was looked down upon as weirdos and other words I can’t say. Was looked down upon so much, other styles of rock music emerged as a result to be the opposite of all that

it wasn't just "glam rockers" doing it ...again i said what i said & that's not how other styles of rock came about...

"Sexologist John Money introduced the terminological distinction between biological sex and gender as a role in 1955. Before his work, it was uncommon to use the word gender to refer to anything but grammatical categories.[1][2] However, Money's meaning of the word did not become widespread until the 1970s, when feminist theory embraced the concept of a distinction between biological sex and the social construct of gender. Today, the distinction is followed in some contexts, especially the social sciences[5][6] and documents written by the World Health Organization (WHO).[3]"

The definition changed due to feminism, but back in the 50s/70s, and the acceptance of that definition seems to vary depending on context. I think he's right that the casual use of the word gender as we know it now became more popular with the rise of da t in LGBT.

Regardless the idea it represents doesn't change. There has always been a social construct of man and woman, and there is a biological one.

Language for example has always had gender.

Last edited:

funny thing about this, after learning about Ziggy Stardust and glam rock I found out this was more the American treatment. They loved them dudes overseas.

it wasn't just "glam rockers" doing it ...again i said what i said & that's not how other styles of rock came about...
“I said what I said” So what :lol:

that definitely did play apart in how the more hardcore styles of rock such as punk and hardcore came about.

funny thing about this, after learning about Ziggy Stardust and glam rock I found out this was more the American treatment. They loved them dudes overseas.
Yeah plenty of them are still touring overseas, looking trash as hell and dressing the same

that definitely did play apart in how the more hardcore styles of rock such as punk and hardcore came about.

lmfao, one i can't take anyone seriously that doesn't know the difference in a part & apart. if ANYTHING... do your googles, punk rock was also a genre that blurred the fashion lines of gender roles, it was one where women could dress as men & read what chrissie hynde said about the genre, sexual discrimination didn't exist for them, which was the beauty of it. there were droves of punk rock men who wore skirts, mascara, & fishnets, it was nothing to see a woman with a shaved head, one if the main premises of that genre was to subvert what the standard appearances of beauty thru gender was. you've only proved my point with your example, thank you & enjoy the projects.

lmfao, one i can't take anyone seriously that doesn't know the difference in a part & apart. if ANYTHING... do your googles, punk rock was also a genre that blurred the fashion lines of gender roles, it was one where women could dress as men & read what chrissie hynde said about the genre, sexual discrimination didn't exist for them, which was the beauty of it. there were droves of punk rock men who wore skirts, mascara, & fishnets, it was nothing to see a woman with a shaved head, one if the main premises of that genre was to subvert what the standard appearances of beauty thru gender was. you've only proved my point with your example, thank you & enjoy the projects.

"Sexologist John Money introduced the terminological distinction between biological sex and gender as a role in 1955. Before his work, it was uncommon to use the word gender to refer to anything but grammatical categories.[1][2] However, Money's meaning of the word did not become widespread until the 1970s, when feminist theory embraced the concept of a distinction between biological sex and the social construct of gender. Today, the distinction is followed in some contexts, especially the social sciences[5][6] and documents written by the World Health Organization (WHO).[3]"

The definition changed due to feminism, but back in the 50s/70s, and the acceptance of that definition seems to vary depending on context. I think he's right that the casual use of the word gender as we know it now became more popular with the rise of da t in LGBT.

ding ding ding.

in order to continue speaking of a "gay agenda" does this include only humans, what about the high percentage of animals that engage in homosexual activities also, is there an agenda for them also, since it's not "naturally occurring" (btw, about 90% of giraffes engage in male on male sex, including flirting, a fifth of all swans are gay, they even adopt orphaned eggs & raise them)... someone help me out?

it costs you nothing to respect others as they wish, as they identify, or as they want to be seen as, gender is a social construct that doesn't really need to exist, & gender roles are an antiquated way of thinking & haven't aged well in society, i'm blessed to be in a relationship with a woman that doesn't believe in them either. in regards to clothing, i wear what i like, because i look good in it, end of story, funny thing is, back when rockstars wore all these things there wasn't an issue of questions of their sexuality, but as soon as it crossed over into african-american lifestyles & music, there was an issue.
Bruh, male lions kill the cubs in a pride when they take over. I don’t think we should be using the animal kingdom as a barometer for human behavior, regardless of where you stand on this “issue”.

This is my man. Check the hair and pants, was still one of the roughest entertainers out there.

This my other dude.....could not hear the male voice in certain octaves, so he sung in octaves that he could hear.....

Brothers were doing like this in the seventies......
02b1cb479f76bfce1c186676810d80b3[1].jpg

So, I am not trying to hear about this so called femm'ing of Men, nor a Gay agenda. People like to have sex, and then be sexy. People are BORN Gay, Lesbian. Simply having sex with the same gender, and wearing clothes that do not suit your sartorial choices, can't make you Gay, and it does not make you femme.

Man, dudes on this site are MAD insecure.

None of this effects me, so I really don't care. If you're goofy enough to buy a onesie, have at it.

Only thing I think is incredibly stupid is the whole pronoun thing. I'm not referring to an individual as "they", or tip toeing around the obvious trying not to offend someone.

This is my man. Check the hair and pants, was still one of the roughest entertainers out there.

This my other dude.....could not hear the male voice in certain octaves, so he sung in octaves that he could hear.....

Brothers were doing like this in the seventies......
02b1cb479f76bfce1c186676810d80b3[1].jpg

So, I am not trying to hear about this so called femm'ing of Men, nor a Gay agenda. People like to have sex, and then be sexy. People are BORN Gay, Lesbian. Simply having sex with the same gender, and wearing clothes that do not suit your sartorial choices, can't make you Gay, and it does not make you femme.

Man, dudes on this site are MAD insecure.

None of the examples apply. That's a fly suit James is wearing and that's a fly fur bruh is rockin in the last pic :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom