The Effeminization Of Male Fashion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of this effects me, so I really don't care. If you're goofy enough to buy a onesie, have at it.

Only thing I think is incredibly stupid is the whole pronoun thing. I'm not referring to an individual as "they", or tip toeing around the obvious trying not to offend someone.
But will you use the gender classification of "them". It's a new one they came up with.

None of the examples apply. That's a fly suit James is wearing and that's a fly fur bruh is rockin in the last pic :lol:
What about Prince?
You do realize that at the time that dudes were doing this, that people called the sexuality of those men into question, right?
They used to say that James cut off his testicles, simply to sing that high, and do the splits he used to do!
:lol:

Main problems

Fashion is divorced from function

Gender is divorced from biology

There is also one more thing, there was a time that the so called man, didn't exist. This planet was once entirely inhabited by women, as they were self replicating organisms. There was no masculine nor feminine designation, and marriage as a concept did not exist in the form of property. When men came on the scene, in marriage they were considered the wives.

To this day, there are men who are considered WIVES of certain gods, and one of those Gods is named Ogun.

What about Prince?
You do realize that at the time that dudes were doing this, that people called the sexuality of those men into question, right?
They used to say that James cut off his testicles, simply to sing that high, and do the splits he used to do!
:lol:
Prince is one of a kind. Not too many men carried themselves the way he did. As well as being able to get away with it

I understand fashion has always been eccentric. But it seems to have been more so in an experimental manner. Today, how I see it is that there is a push is to sell clothing that is frequently worn by women to men. There was another case of this that was infamous but I cant remember the name of the type of clothing. It was like a one piece that women usually wear in the summer

things that defined masculinity and femininity were created by society

boys - trucks, cars, blue, sports
girls - dolls, pink, cooking

you think they hop out the womb liking this stuff?

Prince is one of a kind. Not too many men carried themselves the way he did. As well as being able to get away with it

I understand fashion has always been eccentric. But it seems to have been more so in an experimental manner. Today, how I see it is that there is a push is to sell clothing that is frequently worn by women to men. There was another case of this that was infamous but I cant remember the name of the type of clothing. It was like a one piece that women usually wear in the summer
Hey, there are certain items that anyone can pull off. I personally wear a gold and diamond tennis bracelet from Tiffany. It looks sharp next to a Lapis lazuli bracelet that I rock as well. If you have the confidence to wear something? Do it. If someone gay propositions you? Simply state no thank you!

lil-nas-x-grammys-2020.jpg

lol

yes, it does. da whole premise was cooked up be feminist theory faculty lounge crackpots to begin to upend da male/female dichotomy.

yea but the concept naturally exists anyway so there would be another word for it if not gender.

products reflect society, not da other way around.

necessity is da mother of invention.

1580352055506.png

i think you're missing the point.

society assigned those things to boys and girls that it became a norm. it doesn't even have to be products, it can be behavior

men - proposing, paying for dinner, holding the door, being "tough"

Hey, there are certain items that anyone can pull off. I personally wear a gold and diamond tennis bracelet from Tiffany. It looks sharp next to a Lapis lazuli bracelet that I rock as well. If you have the confidence to wear something? Do it. If someone gay propositions you? Simply state no thank you!

you're the only one utilizing logical sense & expressing a real in depth concept of the subject, much love.

There is also one more thing, there was a time that the so called man, didn't exist. This planet was once entirely inhabited by women, as they were self replicating organisms. There was no masculine nor feminine designation, and marriage as a concept did not exist in the form of property. When men came on the scene, in marriage they were considered the wives.

To this day, there are men who are considered WIVES of certain gods, and one of those Gods is named Ogun.
WTF did I just read...

This like when ppl tried to say the male rompers was gon be everywhere just to get cats riled up....then everybody forgot bout it :lol:

This like when ppl tried to say the male rompers was gon be everywhere just to get cats riled up....then everybody forgot bout it :lol:
Yeah that’s what it was. Couldn’t think of the name tho. I think there was a thread here as well about it

As far as I know, male "fashion" has always been a little effeminate.

Most ppl who set trends (celebs of any kind) usually have ppl who dress them. Those ppl who make bold moves and decisions are usually women or gay men.

Given the end of regional style and homogenized wave this is gonna be more prevalent.
Dudes cry about whatever “agendas” or trends they don’t like while rockin a clothing line created by gay dudes, who most would consider effeminate ...Dior and Givenchy been hot lately, cats don’t got no problem with that tho long as it’s on a t shirt or sneakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom