****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

What's gonna happen if Lonzo flops within the first couple months of the season, the hype goes the opposite direction, and you finally get your ZO2's delivered? Who's gonna be excited to throw them on in the dead of the winter and Lonzo is out here looking like Trey Burke?

God forbid BBB drops the pricing at some point and all those who paid $495 out here lookin' like suckas and still checking for a tracking number from Fedex.

Do you want the kid to fail? You've been negative Nancy all the time in here.

do we have to wait till his 21st birthday to stop calling him a kid?

for the record, i want the Lakers franchise to inhabit the basement of the league standings for as long as possible, but that's nothing personal. i just don't like the Lakers.

Last edited:
What's gonna happen if Lonzo flops within the first couple months of the season, the hype goes the opposite direction, and you finally get your ZO2's delivered? Who's gonna be excited to throw them on in the dead of the winter and Lonzo is out here looking like Trey Burke?

God forbid BBB drops the pricing at some point and all those who paid $495 out here lookin' like suckas and still checking for a tracking number from Fedex.

Do you want the kid to fail? You've been negative Nancy all the time in here.

Y'all BBB sack riders are so sensitive :lol: I point out a less than ideal situation and your panties got double knotted.

There have been multiple times where I've said I've love to see Lonzo flourish cause I actually like the kid but I say one thing that points to a flaw in their business and suddenly I want the kid to fail.

NTextremes. Like clockwork.

You're the one that is saying he'd be a bust if he has a bad start to the season. NTextremes alright.

You're the one that is saying he'd be a bust if he has a bad start to the season. NTextremes alright.

I'm saying. Like no rookie has ever started slow out the gate. He doesn't have to be a superstar from day one for the business to be successful.

No other rookie has this much pressure and a self-made brand riding on their shoulders.

How are y'all so dense?
laugh.gif
Truth, if Lonzo only averages like 10 ppg and 5 apg people will prob think he's a flop. Fact is he's gonna be under a microscope even tomorrow in his first summer league game and many folks will want to see him fail just for Lavar being his Dad.

Personally I wish him the best since he's seems like a humble guy and he has shown great potential at UCLA.

No other rookie has this much pressure and a self-made brand riding on their shoulders.

How are y'all so dense? :lol:
Truth, if Lonzo only averages like 10 ppg and 5 apg people will prob think he's a flop. Fact is he's gonna be under a microscope even tomorrow in his first summer league game and many folks will want to see him fail just for Lavar being his Dad.

Personally I wish him the best since he's seems like a humble guy and he has shown great potential at UCLA.

Exactly. God forbid you talk about the other side of the coin and the fallout that can happen from Lonzo not living up to the unfair hype his pops and the media created for him.

Again, I would love to see Lonzo flourish. I love his demeanor, I love how he carries himself, and think he's a fairly good prospect. I just think it was foolish to 1) price his kicks at $495 2) stagger 5 different colorways throughout the summer and 3) deliver the actual shoes AFTER he's played and potentially given people the opportunity to turn the hype on its head.

Just because I paint a picture that isn't rosey enough for the BBB butt pluggers and I like to look at things objectively doesn't mean I want to see their family's world burn.

Y'all gotta get off the rag. It's ok to disagree in life :lol:

Last edited:
B. Simmons is going to win ROTY and Poppa Ball is going to be upset, start campaigning for his next kid. It's all a cycle...

Idc nothing about BBB, but I need son to take off and be the goods. I'm tired of us sucking man, the drat trade stung me a little so he better be this leader magic looking for.

Eh, LeBron had more pressure than Lonzo tbh

Lebron had an established brand, biggest athletic brand in Nike, behind him. If he flopped, Nike would still be Nike. He flopped, he still made $90M from the deal.

Lonzo has a self-made, grass roots brand that is fully dependent on him balling out next season for it to flourish, begin to start turning a profit, and establish credibility.

Completely different type of pressure here. Not that hard to comprehend.

You don't gotta come so condescending man. :lol:

Different context sure, doesn't change the fact that LeBron was still facing more pressure coming into the league.

people be forgetting lebron wore the nike zoom 2k3 before he actually got his signature line, like once he showed he was the truth lol

people be forgetting lebron wore the nike zoom 2k3 before he actually got his signature line, like once he showed he was the truth lol

Huh?

Lebron wore his first Nike sig, Nike Zoom Generation, in his first game in the League against Sacramento.

He wore the 2k3s in high school and summer league

Last edited:
Idc nothing about BBB, but I need son to take off and be the goods. I'm tired of us sucking man, the drat trade stung me a little so he better be this leader magic looking for.

I'm with you brah. I'm been a Lakers fan since I was 10, I'm 31 now. This losing **** starting to piss me off. I swear to God if one of dem bandwagon GSW fans at work say one more slick comment, I'm putting dem paws on them and facing the consequences from HR.

Man Lebron had next Jordan/Magic pressure. People was saying Lebron could go down as a goat in 11th grade.

People are comparing Lonzo to JKidd but bigger and a shooter. **** is no where near the same.

Pressure on Lebron was 100x more than what is on Lonzo .

People expect Lonzo to be the next Jason Kid, people expected Lebron to be the next Jordan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom