****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

LaVar Ball made an honest confession to Magic Johnson a week before the draft that convinced the Lakers to take Lonzo - Business Insider
https://apple.news/AskbPOXLlTEO5TuXHxvLWtw

Pretty good read that helps to humanize Lavar. I honestly wish he'd find a happy medium between who he really is and the marketing Lavar.

Said this while ago in the Laker thread. It was obvious what it was.

Lavar is obviously putting extras on it cuz he know arrogance makes people sensitive and uncomfortable and yet they'll keep watching and listening to him. All this is promo. He don't have the commercials like Nike and all these other companies so this is him and his sons promo. That's all it is and it's played out perfect for them. Smart man.

LaVar Ball made an honest confession to Magic Johnson a week before the draft that convinced the Lakers to take Lonzo - Business Insider
https://apple.news/AskbPOXLlTEO5TuXHxvLWtw

Pretty good read that helps to humanize Lavar. I honestly wish he'd find a happy medium between who he really is and the marketing Lavar.

Said this while ago in the Laker thread. It was obvious what it was.

Lavar is obviously putting extras on it cuz he know arrogance makes people sensitive and uncomfortable and yet they'll keep watching and listening to him. All this is promo. He don't have the commercials like Nike and all these other companies so this is him and his sons promo. That's all it is and it's played out perfect for them. Smart man.

First time actually hearing Lavar's perspective on it all though, especially when it took place during his meeting with Lakers brass.

I was always curious what that dynamic between him and Magic would look and sound like.

Elena sounding like some of the folks in this thread 
mean.gif
.  I guess she was "joking" about his shoe, but this is still pretty terrible.

How is someone's shoe falling apart terrible? ginobili's shoe blew out before and people laughed.

it's not as bad as the drose nike comments petrie made but she sounds like a hater

Wishing any sort of failure or embarrassment on someone is pathetic. What makes it even worse is that it's over a brand name. If Zo boned her mom then yeah, I could understand. But all because you want to rep your endorser? Corny.

I personally dont want to see lonzo or any of the pther kids to fail. What lavar did was simply enjoy the spotlight.

LaVar Ball says Lonzo played his worst game ever but believes his son already changed the Lakers culture.

(via @BenGolliver) pic.twitter.com/Z6HvvRUjLx
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 8, 2017

Lavar keeping it 100
Alright it's time to fall back and shut up and let the boy adjust. Besides a few passes he looked terrible out there. Good thing it's only 1 summer league game and it means nothing. Ingram looked great tho, so that brightened my day a little.

Fox looked good tho, boy loomed like a baby harden out there. I knew son was gonna be the goods.

LaVar Ball says Lonzo played his worst game ever but believes his son already changed the Lakers culture.

Lavar keeping it 100
Alright it's time to fall back and shut up and let the boy adjust. Besides a few passes he looked terrible out there. Good thing it's only 1 summer league game and it means nothing. Ingram looked great tho, so that brightened my day a little.

Will, you know you're not supposed to keep it real in here, c'mon. You're clearly "hating" when you do that.

Lonzo can start the real season looking great and Ingram can come off his Summer League high getting locked up by Al Horford and Al-Farouq Aminu

Lavar keeping it 100

Yeah I just looked at the highlights, Ingram improved a lot during last season really want to see what he does this year. Lonzo had a bad game but it's summer league I'm not taking nothing from that.

The whole world tuned in just to see the kid's debut, you haters included. The Lakers feel like they're must see again. That's how he's already changed the culture.

The whole world tuned in just to see the kid's debut, you haters included. The Lakers feel like they're must see again. That's how he's already changed the culture.

Any other summer league game would not have gotten the attention, tv slot, ratings it got if not for the Ball family.

Culture change, indeed.

Going to be up to the kid now to play well in the pros and take this to the next level.

He has folks interested.

Not sure if that constitutes as changing the culture honestly

Back
Top Bottom