****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Lamelo's shot selection man :lol: :lol: beyond that though he was finding guys, and has an array of ways to score the ball. He's still 15 years old.

But I would love to see him out of that dumbass Chino Hills system and have him actually play real basketball.

LaMelo is the one that was promised.

Lonzo paved the way....Melo going build upon it. He was "made for it" word to LUCCI :pimp:

Lamelo's shot selection man :lol: :lol: beyond that though he was finding guys, and has an array of ways to score the ball. He's still 15 years old.

But I would love to see him out of that dumbass Chino Hills system and have him actually play real basketball.

Agreed. He's much more shiftier, craftier and a better shooter than Lonzo is/was. Zo just bigger, stronger, more athletic, smarter, collected and has a better feel for the game. But of course....that comes with time...and if Lamelo gets that...he's on his way. No coincence he's now the #1 PG and #8 overall player in his class now (which is loaded).

From what I'm reading, despite the L, it was close and LaMelo played well??

Yeah. Melo had like 36-9-5. Close game all around. Especially considering Chino Hills is less talented. Atmosphere looked brazy.

Is Lamelo bigger than Lebron at 18?

Nope. He's on his way though. He's bigger than what Bron was as a jr though.

The Bron train really didn't take off till the summer before his senior year. That's when it was must see tv. I could see ESPN putting some Chino Hills game on prime time this year though.

Melo is really a star. He's Lavars personality in basketball form. That's a combination that brings the eyes even more. Because there are an equal segment that wants to use to do well and fail at the same time.

The Bron train really didn't take off till the summer before his senior year. That's when it was must see tv. I could see ESPN putting some Chino Hills game on prime time this year though.

Melo is really a star. He's Lavars personality in basketball form. That's a combination that brings the eyes even more. Because there are an equal segment that wants to use to do well and fail at the same time.

Exactly. I mean, Bill Self, and a host of others said last night was nothing like they'd ever seen before. I know Zion was playing and that contributed to it, but I've seen the same thing happen with Lamelo in Arenas. And he's 15. That's wild as hell to me.

He'll end up 6'5, almost 6'6. He's already pushing 6'4 now. If his athleticism ever catches up to his ability he's lights out. His ability for his age jumps off the page. Skill wise, he's better than Lonzo was at 15 for sure. Shifty, shake moves galore, and although his shot selection is wild, to be 15 and that thin and be able to shoot NBA 3's off the bounce and going either way is impressive.

And unlike other prospects, he's routinely outmatched roster wise which matters

The Bron train really didn't take off till the summer before his senior year. That's when it was must see tv. I could see ESPN putting some Chino Hills game on prime time this year though..

I respectfully disagree.

The Lebron train started at the ABCD Camp his SOPH year. When folks were calling him the best HS player regardless of class.

Remember he had games televised his 11th grade year.

Recency bias for sure

Melo's hype isn't even on the level of OJ Mayo yet

I respectfully disagree.

The Lebron train started at the ABCD Camp his SOPH year. When folks were calling him the best HS player regardless of class.

Recency bias for sure

Free OJ Mayo

Melo hype isn't on the level of

DaJuan Wagner
Telfair
Lance
Steph Marbury

You have to remember these dudes were the most hyped in modern history

Melo ain't there yet, social media just gives that illusion

I respectfully disagree.

Recency bias for sure

Nah....I disagree man. That's when Bron blew up nationally to those who paid attention to youth bball and that "culture". The real "hype" didn't come on until just after the 11th grade year....going into his senior year.

Remember, most people don't even remember LeBron trying to declare for the draft as a JUNIOR :lol:. That's a big story that's hardly remembered. The casual basketball fan didn't know who LeBron was until the start of the season. The average basketball fan knows who Lamelo is now (largely due to social media and his family)....and it's building from here.

Again, I'm just saying Lamelo has a bigger spotlight than Bron did when he was going into 11th grade.

WWE fans were in an uproar over Lamelo saying "beat that ***** ***" THEY know who he is. Dude is far and away more popular than Wagner, Telfair, Lance, Marbury etc were. And yes....social media has a lot to do with it.

I remember Lebron became #1 ranked in his class either some time during Soph or Jr year. Major Wingate was actually the phenom in the class before since 8th grade and ranked ahead of Lebron. Major Wingate was on the cover of Slam in 8th grade he was like already 6'8-6'9 then but he just started falling in the rankings every year after kind of like a Derrick Caracter story

High School basketball games used to be crazy at my high school. Wesley matthews, Vander blue, and jeronne maymon really put our school on the map for some time. I cant imagine how crazy their games get. Looks like a great time im happy for the Ball family :pimp:

Lamelo is more popular than those dude's. He has social media, lavar and lonzo. Dude is a star, I called it mths ago tho, he's gonna be the one out of the 3, he also has the personality to be the star. Liangelo better be working, trynna get this chip off his shoulder, the forgotten member.

Yep I been saying it for the longest.

I think he'll be the best out of the 3, but he's absolutely the star. The effect that Lamelo has on the youth is wild man.

Because he has social media, by the time he's a senior he legit can be one of the 3 most hyped High School players in recent memory. Especially if Lonzo does well.

This scene from "Backstage" is Lavar's vision

UA/Nike/Adidas can be the "def jam".....Big Baller Brand.....the "Rocafella"

Lamelo play again today? Immanuel Quickley is there (Baltimore :nthat: #2 PG in the nation for 2018)

I wanna see them go head up....cuz Quikley one of the players I think could really frustrate Melo.

Back
Top Bottom