****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

CagedWisdom.gif

He got the wrong stamp... he need that ye stamp if he wanna go next level.

Jay Z on Lavar Ball:

"LaVar Ball, he said, ‘I’m gonna start my own company.’ Everybody’s like, ‘You should sign to Nike.’ He may go about things wrong. He may have a big mouth. But I bought three pairs. I didn’t get ‘em. But that man has a vision of his own. Why wouldn’t I support him? Why wouldn’t I support him? He feels like he can move culture and his son got a big enough name and a big enough brand that they can do it.

Nike had to start somewhere. Why do we get so upset when we, as a culture, want to start our own ****? That **** is puzzling to me. I sit back and I’m like, this makes no sense. Why can’t he start a sneaker? ‘Oh, his sneakers are terrible.’ Remember, I’m not being negative towards anyone. I’ve seen some bad sneakers from Under Armour. I’ve seen bad Michael Jordan sneakers.

Michael Jordan obviously is the greatest. At some point he was selling for Nike and at some point he broke away and he started building the Jordan Brand. I’m sure that was difficult. And I’m sure people at that time, when he was building the Jordan Brand, was like, ‘You playing yourself. You’re gonna leave Nike?’ Man, all due respect, **** Nike. And I don’t mean personally, I mean like **** the thing.

Everyone has this reverence towards these things. I’m sure when we walked in and started Roc Nation, everyone looked and said ‘Universal’ or Def Jam. Like, we built the brand. It can happen. We are culture. Nothing moves without us. We just continue to give it away. And it’s cool. Everyone can participate. Nike still works with Jordan. It’s just the nature of our relationship has to change."

Him and Nas only 4 years apart, but it look like a decade or two separates them.
Hell, Ice Cube look younger than son.

Him and Nas only 4 years apart, but it look like a decade or two separates them.
Hell, Ice Cube look younger than son.

Word. NAS got that Pharrell and Diddy anti-aging serum. jay didn't age terribly, he just aged like a normal human being. He looks old because he is old.

not to nitpick, but what Jay had to do was put those on and go about his business.

guarantee some article entitled "Jay-Z in BBB's??? What the hip-hop icon's unofficial endorsement may mean for the controversial LaVar Ball and his Big Baller Brand." would have went viral about an hour after some camera-wielding weirdo popped out of Hov's recycling bin in the morning.

still good to see initiative being rewarded, fortune favors the bold, blahblah.

Back
Top Bottom