****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

i lived in central PA in highschool.... i saw Lebron play as a highschool junior at the Canton Mckinley fieldhouse... from the parking lot you woulda thought the NCAA tourney was being played. Bron was a STAR as a 16 yr old. complete with wads of cash and a giant Hummer

People don't realize what being a d-1 school does for you when it comes to luring international students. It doesn't even matter if your good, it's just a sign of being big time.

a family member of mine was considering going to the US for law school.

They were considering Pepperdine, I swear to god my 83 year old great Nigerian aunt asked me if they were a D-1 school. :lol:

On the subject of compensating player I'm not even demanding schools break off players a ton of money. Just let them buy into a health insurance the rest of their lives, and cover the cost of complications from injuries sustained

A small stipend (like what the would give a part time GA, just some snack money), or give them a second degree wavier for them to come back to school if they want or let one of their kids in the future come for free, and allow dudes to sell their autographs of make appearances for a fee without losing their eligibility.

Players don't need to be given the word to make things a lil more equitable.

Lebron at 16

He was 6'7

I remember this is SLAM

younglebron_spread.jpg

Lamelo has a shot, obviously he has talent. but would probably need a serious improvement in athleticism to be a star player.

But hey man props to Lavar, he's turned, one elite prospet, 1 fringe mid major prospect, and a maybe top 30 HS prospect into an branding empire. Dude is the donald trump of the sneaker game, branding genius.

I knew Ben Simmons was going to have problems with the NCAA only because when you not from america, it because like 20x more obvious how absurd the NCAA system is.

It's basically "organized theft of black wealth" word to homie dave zirin

I don't think the G-League will hurt the NCAA's bottom line that much to be honest.

The average fan really won't care that much if there are less one-and-done players or dudes jumping to the G-League after HS. I mean mid-major stars will just become big time program stars and the bottom will rise to fill the other positions

If March Madness is the big money maker, the average fan doesn't care if players on the court were HS All-Americans.

Lamelo has a shot, obviously he has talent. but would probably need a serious improvement in athleticism to be a star player.

But hey man props to Lavar, he's turned, one elite prospet, 1 fringe mid major prospect, and a maybe top 30 HS prospect into an branding empire. Dude is the donald trump of the sneaker game, branding genius.

Yeah that is still an issue but that growth spurt he is going through treating him well, cause he throwing down windmills off the bounce now. He is not as washed as Gelo

They got a cousin that is scary athletic doe. The basketball Gods really did play Gelo is the natural talent department

Yeah that is still an issue but that growth spurt he is going through treating him well, cause he throwing down windmills off the bounce now. He is not as washed as Gelo

They got a cousin that is scary athletic doe. The basketball Gods really did play Gelo is the natural talent department
Every day I would wake up heated if I was Liangelo.

Got the genetic short shrift in ever aspect, athleticsm, even brains wise because lil homey seems dim. :lol:

Melo needs to up his basketball IQ n feel for the game ...that’s why it’s not good he isn’t playing anywhere right now, he needs more game action so he can learn

And the NCAA will NEVER pay players , that’s a total non starter for em ...they would just push the coaches n brand names of the big time schools even more if the top prospects started by passing college

I wonder who they'll sign with overseas.
If Gelo can go back to China that makes the most sense for em...skills and all that don’t matter much in that league right now they just worried bout entertainment and popularity right now which fits for BBB

It makes no sense to pay collegiate athletes. What makes sense is to make the G league a mandatory minor league to be considered for getting drafting into the NBA. Get rid of the one year college rule.

This is how it would go:
High school
G league one year mandatory then eligible for NBA Draft. Pay a $100k salary.
NBA team

This helps everybody except the NCAA. Which is fine by me. College is about academics, not athletics to me. We’re using the hype of these athletic programs to cover up the systemic uselessness of college and the crazy student debt it is getting our generation into.

Back
Top Bottom