****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

the level of naivitee is amazing man.

Either never play or leave, that's "choice" huh. :lol:

okay buddy, qwe live in a land of gum drops a lolly pops where coaches never squeeze players or not renew scholly's

They're not playing because they're not good enough to see the court. After Kevin's injury he wasn't a good enough player to get minutes at a school like Louisville. It wasn't some type of punishment. He had the opportunity to stay on the team and get his degree but chose to leave in order to get playing time at a smaller school, no one forced him to leave. You know how many D-1 football and basketball players stay on scholarship and NEVER play meaningful minutes? thousands annually. Players are offered scholarships in order to get their education and hopefully earn an opportunity to get playing time, nothing is guaranteed.
Nick Saban didn't make Alvin Kamara transfer from Bama, Alvin just saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to see playing time and he transferred. Players do it all the time.

I know you guys aren't fans of the NCAA, I'll admit its an imperfect system but some of you need to look at facts.

Last edited:
ucla suspension really threw Ball off tracks.
should just wait a yr and see if a chinese team would take them on for next season.

If signed, the franchise has hopes that the Balls - including their father LaVar -- could be a marketing boon for the fledgling franchise, sources told ESPN.

Vytautas plays in the Lithuanian (LKL) league, but it is unlikely the Ball brothers would see significant playing time in that league. Vytautus also plays in the lesser competitive Baltic League, where the teenagers could see more playing time. The team has discussed a role of 20-to-25 minutes a game apiece in the Baltic League, a source told ESPN.

Prienu Vytautuas, or BC Prineai as it's often called, is a low-level club from a small, non-English speaking village of roughly 10,000 people in southern Lithuania. The team has been grappling with financial issues, and started the season losing 8 of its first 12 games in the Lithuanian league.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ball-serious-talks-lithuanian-basketball-club

lol at you guys falling for the smokescreen. Lavar is definitely threw that out there to either pressure a better team signing his sons or to draw up more interest.

who would feel pressure to sign a 19 year old mid major prospect and a 15 year old kid to a mans league? :lol:

Reactions: OTG
They're not playing because they're not good enough to see the court. After Kevin's injury he wasn't a good enough player to get minutes at a school like Louisville. It wasn't some type of punishment. He had the opportunity to stay on the team and get his degree but chose to leave in order to get playing time at a smaller school, no one forced him to leave. You know how many D-1 football and basketball players stay on scholarship and NEVER play meaningful minutes? thousands annually. Players are offered scholarships in order to get their education and hopefully earn an opportunity to get playing time, nothing is guaranteed.
Nick Saban didn't make Alvin Kamara transfer from Bama, Alvin just saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to see playing time and he transferred. Players do it all the time.

I know you guys aren't fans of the NCAA, I'll admit its an imperfect system but some of you need to look at facts.

sure man like I said, the coaches are there to educate people, the kids are there for an education, I'm sure coaches everywhere are stressing about there graduation rates. no one ever gets pushed out to make room for incoming more talented player...every thign is sunshine and roses.

of course the kids are worthless, I mean never mind the fact that there is an entire black market dedicated to paying kids, aau coaches, and black market only exist if the market is being distorted by a inefficient rules, but sure they are all worthless.

Move is terrible. Whatever Lavar's goal is for his sons, he chose poorly. Woulda been fun to see Melo play at UCLA. We ain't gonna hear from those boys again. Lonzo gonna have to keep the family name afloat. Unless Lavar gonna pull him to go play overseas with Winston Bishop.

I would be pissed if I was Lamelo. Taking him out of high school at peak yambness and drop him in Lithuania to play with his small brain brother (who’s the only reason they’re there in the first place)

Lamelo overated anyways though don’t @ me

Hype won't sell everything. If you're good, you're good. I wish them the best. I do feel that Lonzo was the star attraction and these other guys are Mid majors at best. Not even close to being good enough to go to Europe to pay. But I guess its Kudos to Lavar to get those guys into and onto a team that can build hype.. When will the hype storm come crashing down?

Like I said, I wish no ill will to the actual players. Lavar, I have gone through the motions and love his entertainment value now. But it appears to now come at a cost. His other two sons cannot play any USA amateur ball ever again. This is the biggest gamble I have ever seen out of a Father

Patiently waiting for game footage

Also patiently waiting for Lavar to pull his sons from the game and go home

Lol we gonna act like kids overseas don't be playing in the pros when they're 16?
True, Rubio debuted in a Spanish league at the age of 14!

I'm interested to see how the season goes for the Ball bro's. I read an article saying they are joining the team in early January, so are they just expected to jump into action with the season already started?

They about to get expose by some the talent over there with basketball fundamentals
I wonder if Melo will still launch half court 3s.

If he's benched Lavar will be like "they don't understand how my son plays ball". Well I honestly wish the kids the best but hope Lavar just focuses on BBB.

Lol we gonna act like kids overseas don't be playing in the pros when they're 16?

:lol::lol::lol: There are a handful who can. Most teenagers aren't ready to play pro basketball at any level, that's what makes guys like Luka Doncic so great, kid is 18 and is playing at a high level against grown men. Lamelo isn't ready physically to play for a pro team. These guys aren't 18-22 you're messing these. These are grown men with kids to feed and they don't care if you were a 5 star prospect at an American high school. They're not gonna be down for LaMelo taking mid-court threes. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out. If he can get off the bench this might be the best thing for his development.

Back
Top Bottom