****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

:lol::lol::lol: There are a handful who can. Most teenagers aren't ready to play pro basketball at any level, that's what makes guys like Luka Doncic so great, kid is 18 and is playing at a high level against grown men. Lamelo isn't ready physically to play for a pro team. These guys aren't 18-22 you're messing these. These are grown men with kids to feed and they don't care if you were a 5 star prospect at an American high school. They're not gonna be down for LaMelo taking mid-court threes. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out. If he can get off the bench this might be the best thing for his development.
No more high school or AAU trips with your boys, no opportunity to play in the high school all-star games, no more goofing off with your cousin or seeing moms whenever, etc.

That cultural difference and lower level pro life is about to hit Melo hard. Life comes at you fast.

:lol::lol::lol: There are a handful who can. Most teenagers aren't ready to play pro basketball at any level, that's what makes guys like Luka Doncic so great, kid is 18 and is playing at a high level against grown men. Lamelo isn't ready physically to play for a pro team. These guys aren't 18-22 you're messing these. These are grown men with kids to feed and they don't care if you were a 5 star prospect at an American high school. They're not gonna be down for LaMelo taking mid-court threes. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out. If he can get off the bench this might be the best thing for his development.

a handful? are you kidding me? it's common for teenagers to go pro overseas. Do people expect the Balls to dominate? I hope not. As long as they get the opportunity to improve their games, this would be a good situation for them. Big risk? Maybe. Ain't like they can't come back lol.

No more high school or AAU trips with your boys, no opportunity to play in the high school all-star games, no more goofing off with your cousin or seeing moms whenever, etc.

That cultural difference and lower level pro life is about to hit Melo hard. Life comes at you fast.

After reading a little more about the situation and seeing how it might be nothing more than a PR stunt to put butts in the seats, I can't help to think this was the WRONG move for LaMelo's development. LiAngelo...whatever. But LaMelo...this could be a major hiccup by Lavar.

Lamelo really getting the short end of the stick. He getting cheated out of alot of things a high school bball star gets. Dude make it to the league he gonna be one of those troubled child stars. Next thing u know wackstar and the fruities gonna be all on his ig, he gonna be throwing blood getting in trouble and ****. Lamelo gonna despise gelo forever if he isn't drafted.

Lamelo really getting the short end of the stick. He getting cheated out of alot of things a high school bball star gets. Dude make it to the league he gonna be one of those troubled child stars. Next thing u know wackstar and the fruities gonna be all on his ig, he gonna be throwing blood getting in trouble and ****. Lamelo gonna despise gelo forever if he isn't drafted.

:lol: "fruities"

The fruit pies :rofl:

The Fruities :lol:

One thing I'm concerned about is that with a low-level Euro club that's in financial troubles....if this thing doesn't work out...they DO NOT have pay if something goes wrong. They can just up and say "this isn't working out" and stop paying them ******. It happens all the time over there.

Big Ballers taking over Lithuania ! ...whole town rockin the BBB tees :pimp:

Would be cool if Melo can really learn something about the game there tho ...can pick up a few things playing against the old vets

I mean, this was OBVIOUSLY a package deal - but I do wonder how many offers they received. Also, I wonder how many offers LaMelo got from better squads? I mean, some of yall thought China would be calling....

I just keep thinking that setting from Eastern Promises will look like the bahamas compared to where they're gonna be playing.

Think its funny that they going to Lithuania where my guy JV is from

"Valančiūnas is the face of the "Itty Bitty Ballers" campaign, a campaign marketing miniature figurines with a basketball theme. The proceeds from the sale of the "Itty Bitty Ballers" goes to the MLSE Foundation charity."

:lol:

Saying Gelo won is really adding to the Kardashian comparison people was tryna throw out. :lol:

He got signed cuz of some lil fame not talent.

Most of the good tennis pros turned pro at like 14-15 urs old. Hockey players drafted at 16 and baseball players too. Playing profesionally and seeing more of the world and culture is not a bad thing

I'm not down with the Lithuania move. I hope they work up to better leagues from this

Melo is about to get big with those Lithuanian cats

Highly doubt LaVar will be in Lithuania all the time either so he’ll be away from the boys while they fend for themselves in another country

Back
Top Bottom