****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

I think the biggest issue is whether people agree that dude is a prodigy or not.

I personally don’t think so which is the reason why I don’t agree with the actions taken.

If he were a prodigy then I’d be less pessimistic.

If bron was taken out of high school to prepare for the league then I’d be alright with it. I just don’t think young Ball is in the same league as bron. I honestly don’t even think he’s top 10 in his class without the attention his dad brought upon him.

If melo was dominating and was known for his game rather than being lonzo lil bro and lavar son id be all for it. And lavar had to change the goal, liangelo air head self ruined the initial plan :lol:. Hopefully lamelo develops, I still stand by he can be the best one out the 3 but it's looking shaky.

If melo was dominating and was known for his game rather than being lonzo lil bro and lavar son id be all for it. And lavar had to change the goal, liangelo air head self ruined the initial plan :lol:. Hopefully lamelo develops, I still stand by he can be the best one out the 3 but it's looking shaky.
I think the initial plan kinda went sideways when he pulled melo from chino hills. After that it was the sig shoe which was makin his UCLA outlook suspect.
Gelo stealing just gave Lavar a reason to make them play together now IMO.

Here's why it's important that grassroots basketball and the structure surrounding professional basketball needs a complete makeover:

Bryce Harper's father "pulled him" out of high school after the 10th grade. He got his GED and enrolled in CC so that he could be eligible for the amateur draft earlier.

No sensationalism.
No one claiming how bad Bryce's father was.
No one talking about a "kid needs to be a kid".
No one saying "he's going to miss all of the things that comes with being a high school star"

It's completely accepted and understood...simply because there's an infrastructure in place for him or someone else with elite ability to pursue these things.

In basketball however...whether it's Melo Ball or Brandon Jennings...they aren't afforded that luxury and everyone points the finger and say "ooooo they're skipping school. all bad".

The big difference is that Bryce Harper's dad wasn't on TV yelling into every microphone put in his face and most people who didn't follow baseball prospects closely had no idea who Bryce Harper was. If Bryce were as famous as the Ball Bros best believe he and his father would have received criticism.

Also, Bryce Harper was seen as a sure-fire, can't miss, generational prospect. Barring injury, Bryce Harper would've been the #1 overall pick no matter what route he took. Melo and Gelo are not viewed in that light. If Lebron would've dropped out after his 10th grade year I would feel alot more optimistic about his pro prospects.

It's easy to say it was a smart move to pull Bryce out of school after 10th grade because, as we know now, it worked out. If he would have plateaued at 16 or gotten injured, we would view that decision in a different light.

You are correct on the lack of avenues to get to get to the NBA though. Baseball has an extensive and well developed minor league system that welcomes teenagers and foreign prospects.

Bruh, Melo was dominating and known for his game. His noteriety on the high school circuit was through the roof before Lavar started making his Lonzo proclamations.

Here's why it's important that grassroots basketball and the structure surrounding professional basketball needs a complete makeover:

Bryce Harper's father "pulled him" out of high school after the 10th grade. He got his GED and enrolled in CC so that he could be eligible for the amateur draft earlier.

No sensationalism.
No one claiming how bad Bryce's father was.
No one talking about a "kid needs to be a kid".
No one saying "he's going to miss all of the things that comes with being a high school star"

It's completely accepted and understood...simply because there's an infrastructure in place for him or someone else with elite ability to pursue these things.

In basketball however...whether it's Melo Ball or Brandon Jennings...they aren't afforded that luxury and everyone points the finger and say "ooooo they're skipping school. all bad".
Bryce Harper is White too.

This isn't gonna be a failure. A lot of tears will be shed when they realize they live in Lithuania.

Both players should've stayed in HS and College.

Disaster in making. All three Ball brothers are trash.

I don’t get why your laughing for. Kids turn pro all the time in pedominately white sports and its never an issue

because its funny. race has nothing to do with it.

a prodigy is raceless. just like Tiger Woods was a prodigy in golf. Nobody would have been mad if he went pro as soon as possible

some of y'all need to pull race out of everything and see it for what it is.
im all about team light skinned. took great pride in drake handing meek the L.

these young fellas just aren't "it."

Last edited:
There’s literally a post right there for you to read of a caucasian athlete dropping out of high school in order to pursue his professional career as early as possible and it wasn’t made out to be a big deal. But somehow race doesn’t play a part in what’s going on here. Melo could be the 1,000 ranked player in his class for all I care but if he wants to turn pro that’s his prerogative.

kids making money playing ball vs. gettin pimped by ncaa?
getting cultural exposure while expanding the family business potential?
let them cook.

There’s literally a post right there for you to read of a caucasian athlete dropping out of high school in order to pursue his professional career as early as possible and it wasn’t made out to be a big deal. But somehow race doesn’t play a part in what’s going on here. Melo could be the 1,000 ranked player in his class for all I care but if he wants to turn pro that’s his prerogative.
you are just arguing just to argue then. we spoke to how the situations differed in a non racial perspective but its only because dude is white that we have no issues :lol:

Harper was like Lebron. A once in a generation talent who like Lebby could've been ready straight out of middle school if it was legal. Not even sure why he's being brought up in here. Not even comparable to what Ball bros are going through. What happened to Harper rarely happens in MLB. :lol:

Ya Harper was a beast in HS.

I coulda swore his pops got a lot of backlash for making him drop out in 10th grade and go the JuCo route. Might be remembering wrong tho

:lol: :lol: see now I get why y’all didn’t understand the Melo being a prodigy thing.

He was essentially an 8th grader Averaging 20 a game against the best comp in all of high school basketball man

He was giving out 30 pieces as a sophomore to oak hill when he should of been a freshman in high school

He’s not ranked as high as he is because of his brother man why that logic didn’t work for Gelo :lol:?

:lol: :lol: see now I get why y’all didn’t understand the Melo being a prodigy thing.

He was essentially an 8th grader Averaging 20 a game against the best comp in all of high school basketball man

He was giving out 30 pieces as a sophomore to oak hill when he should of been a freshman in high school

He’s not ranked as high as he is because of his brother man why that logic didn’t work for Gelo :lol:?

Hey, Bruh. You're being sensible and speaking in fact. That kind of talk isn't welcome round these parts.

i mean
as long as the kids get to play basketball
something they like and get paid for it
cant judge them
neither should anyone else
we dont know what inside talks they've had with each other
melo has some legit skills
he for sure gonna get a look when he is of age from nba scouts
dont see the issue
let them cook
u only live once
and i doubt they gonna be hardly in need of anything