****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

What I find ironic is that LaMelo and LiAngelo will become better players fundamentally with the experience overseas. People who knock them for going overseas are dense.

I'm surprised Gerald Green has lasted this long in the league. But as long as you can accept your role you can flourish as long as possible.

Big J, you black?

I ask because sometimes this can be a reason why someone does/doesn't believe race has to always be a factor.

Can be
Can be
Can be

Big J, you black?

I ask because sometimes this can be a reason why someone does/doesn't believe race has to always be a factor.

Can be
Can be
Can be

I’m as black as the ball brothers. I’ve just learned to see that everything isn’t race related. Just have to open your eyes. You have people commit crimes not because of the color of your skin but because of your religious beliefs, because of your sexuality, because you have something they want, or whatever.
I know people that only care about the color green.

Last edited:
Gelo @ 10:13 of the breakfast club interview.

“I ain’t say that. We was all STILLIN. N****’s was in the shop, and we started taking stuff”

27357F79-6764-4FFE-8A96-E43D0F803732.gif

:rofl:

These Alternate Facts :smh:

Lebby did try to leave High School after his junior year. He petitioned to enter the draft and they tood him to take his *** back to school because he didn’t graduate yet.

Mom should pulled him out of school and had him play in Europe for 2 years.

Mom should pulled him out of school and had him play in Europe for 2 years.

They would’ve killed Gloria James (a single, former teenage black mother from poverty) for that in 2001.

They were already ***** on her then.

Anytime you try to “buck the system” as a black man...backlash. What @VARNELL HILL and DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican and others were speaking about was a structure (like baseball and many other sports has) that allows prodigies to reach their goals outside of the “traditional” way.

Right now...it’s a one flow pipeline to that nba dream for American basketball players (majority African American)....where your talent can be exploited along the way.

I’m as black as the ball brothers. I’ve just learned to see that everything isn’t race related. Just have to open your eyes. You have people commit crimes not because of the color of your skin but because of your religious beliefs, because of your sexuality, because you have something they want, or whatever.

That's how systemic racism works. So subtle it numbs you to it's effects. At some point though one has to open their eyes and realize even though it doesn't overtly show, it continually, disproportionately, negatively affects one group more than the other. The people from the affected group surely recognize it.

The telling groups what not to see or feel despite the history of things is for another conversation too.

That's how systemic racism works. So subtle it numbs you to it's effects. At some point though one has to open their eyes and realize even though it doesn't overtly show, it continually, disproportionately, negatively affects one group more than the other. The people from the affected group surely recognize it.

The telling groups what not to see or feel despite the history of things is for another conversation too.

I’ve heard it. I’ve read it and I don’t believe it applies to everything. It’s my belief.

Gelo and Melo living he life. I wish my mother took me out of Hs to pursue my passions.

Melo just a regular spoiled kid. :lol: Life in nowhere gon hit him.

From driving a Lamborghini in Southern California at 16 as a high school junior and social media superstar.....

To harsh winter and goulash in Lithuania. Sheesh :lol:.

This may be just what he needs though. His two major weaknesses are mentality and structure. Being humbled and taken away from comfort can help with that if you strong enough.

Yeah this fairy tale sounds nice but that ain't America.

From driving a Lamborghini in Southern California at 16 as a high school junior and social media superstar.....

This may be just what he needs though. His two major weaknesses are mentality and structure. Being humbled and taken away from comfort can help with that if you strong enough.
Prob nice yambs in Lithuania

The topic I’m speaking on (which is what we have been talking about in the last day or so) is the issue people have with melo being pulled out of high school to ultimately play in Lithuania and it being compared to Bryce Harper.
I do not agree that it’s a racial thing between the two as Harper was a prodigy and I do not feel melo is in the same league as he was. As more accurate comparison imo is lebron and I wouldn’t have had issues with him going a non traditional route because he was pretty much guaranteed the nba vs a real iffy feeling I have on melo.

This argument is about skill not race.

Your argument is still flawed because again LeBron attempted to go the non traditional route and people still got upset about it despite as you said him being guaranteed the nba.

They tried everything they could that year to get LeBron’s eligibility taken away from him. Remember when they suspended him for getting the throwback jerseys for having good grades.

Just hope Lavar will let them breathe. All this "they don't know how to coach my boy" stuff is pointless.

Your argument is still flawed because again LeBron attempted to go the non traditional route and people still got upset about it despite as you said him being guaranteed the nba.

They tried everything they could that year to get LeBron’s eligibility taken away from him. Remember when they suspended him for getting the throwback jerseys for having good grades.
I forgot about the throwback jerseys. They wanted poor Lebron to be dusty.

Charles Barkley is not a fan

"He’s all about Big Baller Brand. He has no (perceivable) talents. He’s trying to make money on his kids. And I just feel sadness for those kids because they’re going to do whatever he tells them to do. I just don’t like the guy at all. Plain and simple. And don’t tell me he’s a good father. Just because you exploit you’re kids trying to make money because you have no talent that does not make you a good father.”

Stupid Chuck says stupid things. I'm sure that's not why people say he's a good father. With everything I know goes into raising happy, healthy teens on the path to success, it would be on sight for people talking about bad parent. **** isn't easy at all and deeper than what you see on TV.

Back
Top Bottom