****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

It's like he's lookin at them as an investment.

Re-Watch the video

He calls them all "20-year investments that will pay off"

This guy is the exactly like the uncle in he got game, except he's the on doing the Denzel training too.

I haven't watched a single video posted :lol:

I'm going off by the comments in here of what he's sayin and the one or two short articles I've read about him and what he's been saying

Re-Watch the video

This guy is the exactly like the uncle in he got game, except he's the on doing the Denzel training too.

I'm going off by the comments in here of what he's sayin and the one or two short articles I've read about him and what he's been saying

Way to nit pick that quote and take it out of context.

That's not all he said. Y'all some crabs for real :lol:

Re-Watch the video

:smh: :lol: Of course you didn't

The only thing that bothers me that i haven't seen anyone post about is this "One and Done" crap.  I feel this above anything is setting his kids up for failure.  They are getting a full ride scholarship to college and not taking advantage of it.  If this NBA thing doesn't work for all 3 of them, then what, what do they have to fall back on?  This sets a bad precedent for kids who have hoop dreams, because it makes it seem like not getting an education is fine since you "MAY" go to the NBA. 

Lonzo is undoubtly going to go to the NBA....and will make about 3-4 million dollars per year for at least the next 4 years :lol:. And that's "at worst". What would impact him negatively is staying at UCLA for more than one year. Dude is a consensus top 5 pick at 18. Your stock only goes down from there.

They'll figure it out. Seems they're already building a brand spearheaded by Lonzos success. And the family will be a part of that. Maybe the other brothers do stay in college. Maybe they don't. Maybe Lamelo becomes a lotto pick as well. Maybe they become Pros playing in Europe or the lower leagues. Who knows.

You gotta realize....there are a lot of ways to make a career in basketball once you've reached a certain level and have certain connections. And all of it doesn't involve actually playing or completing college.

College ain't for everybody.

Last edited:
Can't front, this drama with his dad has me wanting to see tonight's game. Haven't paid attention all year.

Getting a full ride to UCLA is not a fair trade for the amount of money Lonzo Ball brings to that school. Him going there for 4 years to be "prepared for the real world" is such crap. For the average student it's worth it because it sets you up to make decent money live a convenient life.

Lonzo Ball is going to school for a year because it's mandatory, once he leaves and gets drafted he'll be making millions per year which is much more ideal than what the average student grinds for.

People really think the you gest is gonna make the league?

How talk is he? Dude better starting growing or getting some size asap.

I mean he's 6'3 at 15 I think he's got solid size for a PG and is one of, if not the best PG in his class lol he for sure has a shot at the league.

Last edited:

I mean he's 6'3 at 15 I think he's got solid size for a PG and is one of, if not the best PG in his class lol he for sure has a shot at the league.
The thing is he's not a PG at all. If that's the best there is, then the state of high school basketball is terrible. Lamelo doesn't know the meaning of bad shot. Like I'd be surprised if Chino hills even had average assist totals.

Last edited:
The thing is he's not a PG at all. If that's the best there is, then the state of high school basketball is terrible. Lamelo doesn't know the meaning of bad shot. Like I'd be surprised if Chino hills even had average assist totals.

You do know....Lonzo went to the SAME EXACT HIGH SCHOOL (literally, 9 months ago).....and is one of the leaders in assist in the entire nation....and a projected top 5 pick in the damn NBA draft.

High school basketball is in good shape. Lamelo gave OAK HILL almost 40 a few weeks ago....at 15.

Dude is considered one of the best PGs in his class. Stop hating on things you don't really know about.

You do know....Lonzo went to the SAME EXACT HIGH SCHOOL (literally, 9 months ago).....and is one of the leaders in assist in the entire nation....and a projected top 5 pick in the damn NBA draft.

High school basketball is in good shape. Lamelo gave OAK HILL almost 40 a few weeks ago....at 15.

Dude is considered one of the best PGs in his class. Stop hating on things you don't really know about.
He shoots 35-40 shots a game. I watched their latest lost against mater dei. Dude shot 20% from the field and missed 20 3 pointers. But he had 30 points so I guess that's all ok. And he only Averages 2 assists per game. Yes. Best PG in the country. Of the best is lamelo ball jacking up questionable 35 foot shoots constantly then something is wrong

Last edited:

He shoots 35-40 shots a game. I watched their latest lost against mater dei. Dude shot 20% and missed 20 3 pointers. But he had 30 points so I guess that's all ok. And he only Averages 2 assists per game. Yes. Best PG in the country

It seems like you're using one game to make sweeping judgments about the kid.

And where are you getting that he averages 2 assist a game? I want a source for that stat

The only thing that bothers me that i haven't seen anyone post about is this "One and Done" crap.  I feel this above anything is setting his kids up for failure.  They are getting a full ride scholarship to college and not taking advantage of it.  If this NBA thing doesn't work for all 3 of them, then what, what do they have to fall back on?  This sets a bad precedent for kids who have hoop dreams, because it makes it seem like not getting an education is fine since you "MAY" go to the NBA. 

Why is this a common belief? Like they can't go back to school and take a loan to pay for it. They can't start their own business?

:rofl:

Also :lol: at you thinking any student athletes are taking anything that rigorous academically

He shoots 35-40 shots a game. I watched their latest lost against mater dei. Dude shot 20% and missed 20 3 pointers. But he had 30 points so I guess that's all ok. And he only Averages 2 assists per game. Yes. Best PG in the country

And where are you getting that he averages 2 assist a game? I want a source for that stat
I was looking at career stats. This season he's at 8 from what I saw

And I'm not saying he's terrible. But I chose that game because they were probably one of the toughest opponents his team faced and his play didn't impress me at all

Last edited:
He shoots 35-40 shots a game. I watched their latest lost against mater dei. Dude shot 20% from the field and missed 20 3 pointers. But he had 30 points so I guess that's all ok. And he only Averages 2 assists per game. Yes. Best PG in the country. Of the best is lamelo ball jacking up questionable 35 foot shoots constantly then something is wrong

♂️

You would think by now dudes understand that Chino Hills plays a zany brand of basketball :lol:. They were one of, if not THE best teams in the country last year and this year.

Lonzo had NO problem transitioning into playing in a structured role at UCLA. I truly don't think you understand the total scale of what we are witnessing here.

Again, Nobody is saying Lamelo Ball will become a top 5 pick in the future. Who knows. But right now....in his class, he's one of the best PGs.

These are the same scouts that have been scouting your favorite players in the league over the past couple of years that are coming to these conclusions.

I was looking at career stats. This season he's at 8 from what I saw

:smh:

So you're holding his freshman season when he played with the best PG in the nation, and was coming off the bench for most of the season against him.

And if he averaged 8 assist this season, how is that even mathematically possible for him to average 2 over his career. Huh?

Geez dude, just stop. You clearly aren't being rational regarding LaMelo

Last edited:

I watched this earlier today. The internet really gon hate LeMelo, he's the cocky one.

New First family of basketball :pimp:

:lol: at 4:30 when Mamma Ball came to join the dominoes table

Lonzo: Do you even know how to play?

dam how tall is mama Ball doe?

when he said tall i thought he meant tall for a girl, she look like she about 6'4

I liked this. Seemed legit and genuine. Family time. :smokin

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo at those bogus christmas gifts doh hahahah. Their promotional skills are strong lolll. And that table covered in the gear while they watched the game lolll. Come on Lavar hahaha.

Crib looked dope. What do they do?

How come nobody thinks Li-angelo is gonna amount to anything? He has the stocky size that I think would translate more than melo for sure. What is he, 6'4-6'5? I see him having huge games all the time too. 56 the other night. 72 a couple months ago.

Re-Watch the video

:smh: :lol: Of course you didn't

But what did I say? Regardless of what I did or didn't watch? I said just the way he's speaking and acting reminds me of a character from a movie.

He's looking at his kids as investments.. so what if they don't fulfill his expectations?

That's all I said. Never said anything as fact or anything else but ight

Why is this a common belief? Like they can't go back to school and take a loan to pay for it. They can't start their own business?

Also :lol: at you thinking any student athletes are taking anything that rigorous academically

Why would you go back to school and take out a 6 figure loan when you are already there and it is free? I never said they can't start their on business but not everyone is aentrepreneur and a lot of start up businesses fail.

Again you are assuming but even if it's not a rigorous major or class schedule that degree will open more doors having it than not.

Lonzo is undoubtly going to go to the NBA....and will make about 3-4 million dollars per year for at least the next 4 years :lol:. And that's "at worst". What would impact him negatively is staying at UCLA for more than one year. Dude is a consensus top 5 pick at 18. Your stock only goes down from there.

They'll figure it out. Seems they're already building a brand spearheaded by Lonzos success. And the family will be a part of that. Maybe the other brothers do stay in college. Maybe they don't. Maybe Lamelo becomes a lotto pick as well. Maybe they become Pros playing in Europe or the lower leagues. Who knows.

You gotta realize....there are a lot of ways to make a career in basketball once you've reached a certain level and have certain connections. And all of it doesn't involve actually playing or completing college.

College ain't for everybody.

True on college isn't for everybody cause lord knows I hated every minute of the four years but You make a good point I didn't think of it that way.

Why would you go back to school and take out a 6 figure loan when you are already there and it is free? I never said they can't start their on business but not everyone is aentrepreneur and a lot of start up businesses fail.

Again you are assuming but even if it's not a rigorous major or class schedule that degree will open more doors having it than not.

There's this thing we learn in college Economics called opportunity cost...

There's this thing we learn in college Economics called opportunity cost...

This

Back
Top Bottom