****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

When he screams, “No. 10, come in,” it becomes apparent to me, after being around the team for six games and just over two weeks of practice, that LaVar still doesn’t know guard Paulius Ivanauskas’ name. Ivanauskas rolls his eyes

:rofl:

After finishing the article...it's just as I suspected...this is all one big circus to cash out on their celebrity while the iron is hot. Not to prepare Melo for the next level. Nothing wrong with that...but it is what it is at this point. I'll keep watching. It's entertaining.

Last edited:
"The situation was already resolved by the time we heard about Trump's involvement," one team source said. "That's not to take away from the fact that he got involved, but the players already had their passports back and their flights booked to go home Tuesday night when Gen. Kelly called the players."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ng-scandal-rocked-ucla-ncaa-basketball-season

Well, well, well. Seems like LaVar was right, Trump didn't get the players out. Trump's bigoted *** just could not handle a black man not bending the knee to him. A common theme in his life.

Chris Mo owes LaVar an apology

Last edited:

Great read from what's actually going on over there. Sad.

I REALLY feel for LaMelo. He's not going to get any better playing over there. His development will be stagnated due to this move. There is no way in hell that Lavar has LaMelo go back to Lithuania after this season, is there?

I REALLY feel for LaMelo. He's not going to get any better playing over there. His development will be stagnated due to this move. There is no way in hell that Lavar has LaMelo go back to Lithuania after this season, is there?

I think this competition is better than what he would have been playing with at chino hills this year. I think playing for a D1 powerhouse when he turned 18 would have helped him the most, but too late for that.

I think this competition is better than what he would have been playing with at chino hills this year. I think playing for a D1 powerhouse when he turned 18 would have helped him the most, but too late for that.

I disagree. He's only playing in BBB games which are nothing as far as I know.

He could be at Chino Hills (Or Fairfax, Westchester, etc.) playing a nat'l schedule this year which would be better than the comp that he's playing in now.

Lavar messed up Lamelo's future just to get his 15 minutes of fame. Liangelo was supposed to be a 4 year player at UCLA and Lamelo was gonna go there in a couple years, they could've been in Cali living life spending Lonzo's checks and instead they gotta do what they never wanted to do. Im not sure what path Lamelo's career is gonna take.

He could be at Chino Hills (Or Fairfax, Westchester, etc.) playing a nat'l schedule this year which would be better than the comp that he's playing in now.

That isn’t true.

Lavar messed up Lamelo's future just to get his 15 minutes of fame. Liangelo was supposed to be a 4 year player at UCLA and Lamelo was gonna go there in a couple years, they could've been in Cali living life spending Lonzo's checks and instead they gotta do what they never wanted to do. Im not sure what path Lamelo's career is gonna take.

Melo needed a change of environment. He was already better than a majority of his competition here and the distractions of his celebrity and the “hanger-on yes men” were becoming an issue. Being 16 and playing against the people he’s playing against in Lithuania is fine for now. IMO they should be looking to get him into a better league/team over the next year.

I disagree that the comp in HS would be better than what he's facing now. I DO however think that playing for a coach that doesn't speak English and not having a translator, hinders him. Then again, his Chino coach was a Lavar puppet anyways so I don't think he would have learned anything different there either :lol:.

Point being, I don't think anything he's doing from age 16-18 is going to be a detriment to his long term bball skills. I think not getting to play under someone like Coach K, Tom Izzo, Bill Self, Roy Williams, Jay Wright, etc for a year is where he's getting the shortend of his potential.

Reactions: God

Enh, in all fairness, Gelo messed up his own career path. Can’t put where he’s at now on LaVar. Melo? Sure. But that idiot Gelo is right where he deserves to be. :lol:

You know what...I completely forgot that Melo skipped a grade. This is technically supposed to be his Sophomore year of HS. I may be guilty of over-critiquing what they're currently doing. He has plenty of time to get better. We shouldn't even be talking about him and the NBA right now forreal.

Let him have fun and run up and down the floor with some Lithuanian scrubs. Really not much different from about 60% of his AAU games.

Back
Top Bottom