****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Enh, in all fairness, Gelo messed up his own career path. Can’t put where he’s at now on LaVar. Melo? Sure. But that idiot Gelo is right where he deserves to be. :lol:

Maybe. But for all we know the shoplifting in China could be Lavar's idea to get an excuse to pull him out of UCLA.

Maybe. But for all we know the shoplifting in China could be Lavar's idea to get an excuse to pull him out of UCLA.

You don’t need an excuse to leave a program or scholarship. Kids do it all the time. Snoops son did it at UCLA.

You know what...I completely forgot that Melo skipped a grade. This is technically supposed to be his Sophomore year of HS. I may be guilty of over-critiquing what they're currently doing. He has plenty of time to get better. We shouldn't even be talking about him and the NBA right now forreal.

Let him have fun and run up and down the floor with some Lithuanian scrubs. Really not much different from about 60% of his AAU games.
Yea ppl asking bout the NBA when he’s at least 2 years away from even thinking bout that ...he just needs to be playing games and working on his game no matter where he’s at

N shout out to Lavar for being right bout UCLA Trump dumb *** all along ...BBB never lost ! :pimp:

Yea ppl asking bout the NBA when he’s at least 2 years away from even thinking bout that ...he just needs to be playing games and working on his game no matter where he’s at

N shout out to Lavar for being right bout UCLA Trump dumb *** all along ...BBB never lost ! :pimp:

But that's the end goal for LaMelo...the NBA. While it's true he's 2 years away, he's got zero amateur eligibility, and this is why people are thinking NBA right now for him because no one knows what the exact plan is outside of what Lavar is formulating for BBB. Think about a guy like Bagley at Duke. Good enough (obviously) to be drafted right out of HS, but has to go through the unnecessary step of playing one-year in Durham. For guys like him who haven't burned their amateur status, essentially being one-and-done is something they need to do before setting foot on a NBA floor. Maybe Lavar is planning on having LaMelo hoop in the G-League once he turns 18? Who knows....

Another topic for another day...but here's my prediction - Once the G-League REALLY gets up and running, you'll see the death of the one-and-done player. NBA will go back to having 18 being the age of being draft eligible. NBA and the NCAA need to work together to make this happen. Develop a system like we see in other professional sports, where amateur status isn't affected as long as you DON'T sign with an agent. Meaning, guys could be drafted and pick one of two routes:

Route 1. Go to college and play ball (obviously not signing w/ an agent.)

Route 2. Go to the G-League (signing w/ an agent)

In both scenarios, pro teams would retain the rights of the players they choose to draft. This takes a lot of pressure off the athlete and college programs to take/give funds illegally.

It's a win-win, IMO, and I think that both the NCAA and NBA can benefit from a little creativity. They just have to meet in the middle.

*NBA might have to add another round or two to their draft.

Another topic for another day...but here's my prediction - Once the G-League REALLY gets up and running, you'll see the death of the one-and-done player. NBA will go back to having 18 being the age of being draft eligible. NBA and the NCAA need to work together to make this happen. Develop a system like we see in other professional sports, where amateur status isn't affected as long as you DON'T sign with an agent. Meaning, guys could be drafted and pick one of two routes:

Route 1. Go to college and play ball (obviously not signing w/ an agent.)

Route 2. Go to the G-League (signing w/ an agent)

In both scenarios, pro teams would retain the rights of the players they choose to draft. This takes a lot of pressure off the athlete and college programs to take/give funds illegally.

It's a win-win, IMO, and I think that both the NCAA and NBA can benefit from a little creativity. They just have to meet in the middle.

*NBA might have to add another round or two to their draft.

This is a tough one because it changes the draft a little too much. How do you rate a guy in the G-League vs a guy at a top-tier D1 school? Furthermore, you have to pick between one of them or drafting the rights to a guy who won’t come out for another year?

This is a tough one because it changes the draft a little too much. How do you rate a guy in the G-League vs a guy at a top-tier D1 school? Furthermore, you have to pick between one of them or drafting the rights to a guy who won’t come out for another year?

I think it puts a less-pressured decision on the athlete, thus decreasing the number of recruiting violations that can happen.

If you're someone like Bagley, you can sign with an agent and be on a NBA roster in October.

If you're not on that Bagley level and could benefit from time in either the G-League or in college, you can choose between the both of those. The only difference is that if you go the G-League route (and get paid,) you're obviously signing w/ an agent.

Of course, all of this hinges on getting drafted in the first place. Let's say you enter your name in the draft and don't sign with an agent, college would STILL be an option because you technically didn't give up your amateur status because of not signing w/ an agent. It pretty much protects the athlete as well. if you put your name in the NBA draft and not get picked, you

I didn’t want to be the one to say it but yeah. The comment about LaMelo’s defense sums it up. Have we ever seen him get down in a defensive stance?

I ain't seen it. :lol:

I still think Melo has a high ceiling if he can get it under control. He just out there f'n around.

All I see Melo eat is candy and junk food. It has to catch up to him sooner or later right?

His whole attitude about everything is why he ain’t gone make it. Like Denzel said in he got game “that’s why you ain’t gone make it, that’s why you ain’t gone make it”

When I was 16, I didn't have much money but I did my best to eat better. I know he's a teenager, but most don't eat like that at home. Only at school and with their friends usually. I don't think Lavar cares either, he eats more donuts than a cop.

...But Jesus made it though

DB1F5A6B-6601-40E0-8B0B-EE55267C2F59.gif

Back
Top Bottom