****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Basketball

You?

Lol, so you’re not actually watching the games or checking the numbers. You’re Just goin off media narratives and disdain for his dad. Got it.

I clearly said “based on numbers outside of scoring, who is better?” In regard to being in the ROY convo.

Lonzo def not top 3 in Roy convo. Mitchell and Simmons are far above everyone else. I’d say Kuz>zo right now.

Gelo and melos homie Jaylen hands from ucla just declared for the draft. Who would u draft first, him or gelo?

No little guy I'm saying I'm basing it off the game of basketball, not Instagram followers and off court hype. You can't make the case for Zo to be in the top3 ROY or even close, and most people thay actually watch bball are not putting him top 5. He's top 7/8 which is fine. How you gonna say "other than scoring whos better" :rofl: u funny guy. I'm talking about all around.

Zo’s season has been up and down....but he put together a pretty good rookie season. Albeit unconventional. He’s already one of the best defensive PG’s in basketball.....and it’s SUPER rare for a rookie PG to be that good defensively already. Rebounding and assist numbers off the charts for a rookie too.

No little guy I'm saying I'm basing it off the game of basketball, not Instagram followers and off court hype. You can't make the case for Zo to be in the top3 ROY or even close, and most people thay actually watch bball are not putting him top 5. He's top 7/8 which is fine. How you gonna say "other than scoring whos better" :rofl: u funny guy. I'm talking about all around.
Outside of scoring(rebounding, assists, steals)Zo does fill up the stat sheet. He impacts the game in a positive way and runs the offense well especially for a rookie. Plays extremely good defense. Once he finds his stroke it's a wrap tbh.

Reactions: God
This reminds me of an old story I heard about Jim Harrick (ex-UGA men's basketball coach). An average-ish player on his team told coach that he intended on entered the draft. Coach was like "Draft? you're joining the Army?"

Outside of scoring(rebounding, assists, steals)Zo does fill up the stat sheet. He impacts the game in a positive way and runs the offense well especially for a rookie. Plays extremely good defense. Once he finds his stroke it's a wrap tbh.

yeah hes been solid overall. a lot of ups and downs which is to be expected for a rookie. other than mitchell and simmons who've been ridiculous. like i said top 7/8 rookie which is not bad at all. i dont think his upside is all that great but if he can become even an average shooter (which is a longshot) then that would be huge.

Zo has shot the ball poorly and has frustrated the heck out of Lakers fans but we need to keep a level head when assessing him. We do have a skewed view of Zo's rookie season. This rookie class is the best in a long time (Dennis Smith Jr, Simmons, Tatum, Kuzma, etc.) In just about any other year a player getting you 10 pts,7 rebs and 7 assists would be a Rookie of Year candidate.

To put things in context, Malcolm Brogdon won ROY last season averaging 10, 5 rebs and 2 assists.

yeah hes been solid overall. a lot of ups and downs which is to be expected for a rookie. other than mitchell and simmons who've been ridiculous. like i said top 7/8 rookie which is not bad at all. i dont think his upside is all that great but if he can become even an average shooter (which is a longshot) then that would be huge.
That's the thing tho. Mitchell and Simmons are exceptional and are looking like future superstars. Kuzma too. This is one of the best rookie classes in years easily. If anything fultz is the guy that's looking shaky right now

That's the thing tho. Mitchell and Simmons are exceptional and are looking like future superstars. Kuzma too. This is one of the best rookie classes in years easily. If anything fultz is the guy that's looking shaky right now

Yup... those 2 look like multi-year all stars. i dont think Zo will ever make an all star team. he's behind Kuz, DSJ, and JJ in the pecking order.... obviously fultz is TBD, i'm not writing him off though

Zo has shot the ball poorly and has frustrated the heck out of Lakers fans but we need to keep a level head when assessing him. We do have a skewed view of Zo's rookie season. This rookie class is the best in a long time (Dennis Smith Jr, Simmons, Tatum, Kuzma, etc.) In just about any other year a player getting you 10 pts,7 rebs and 7 assists would be a Rookie of Year candidate.

To put things in context, Malcolm Brogdon won ROY last season averaging 10, 5 rebs and 2 assists.

Maybe you can help me out?

Out of all the rookies mentioned, that are potential ”multi-year all stars”, who has a better stat line in ast/reb/stl/blk/asst-to than lonzo other than simmons?

Nobody is trying to discredit any of the young talent but, I’m trying to see where everyone is telling me I’m wrong. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places?

Maybe you can help me out?

Out of all the rookies mentioned, that are potential ”multi-year all stars”, who has a better stat line in ast/reb/stl/blk/asst-to than lonzo other than simmons?

Nobody is trying to discredit any of the young talent but, I’m trying to see where everyone is telling me I’m wrong. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places?

People are enamored with points per game so those players who are averaging more are more highly regarded in the eyes of many. No rookie other than Simmons is anywhere near Zo's assists but there are players who are close when it comes to rebounding. If we're looking at PER then ZO is behind a number of rookies though.

Another part of Zo's game that has been great has been his defense both on the ball and weak side. He's already among the leaders in steals and blocks for guards.

Reactions: God
People are enamored with points per game so those players who are averaging more are more highly regarded in the eyes of many. No rookie other than Simmons is anywhere near Zo's assists but there are players who are close when it comes to rebounding. If we're looking at PER then ZO is behind a number of rookies though.

Another part of Zo's game that has been great has been his defense both on the ball and weak side. He's already among the leaders in steals and blocks for guards.

Right. “All around game”. Just checking. Thank you.

Gelo declaring for the draft was really suprising to some ppl? :lol: ...they been said he was entering this draft no matter where he played at, would be more suprised If he didn’t declare

Last edited:
I've seen Gelo play in person plenty of times, some perspective on how far Gelo is as a basketball player.

He wouldn't start on Pepperdine's basketball team if it was based off of skill and ability, and Pepperdine was one of, if not the worst basketball team in D1 this season.

A guy who couldn't start on Pepperdine's basketball team is now going to play in the NBA summer league or G League? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ima be honest, he's probably closer to a low major talent than mid IMO

I watched Eli a few weeks back for LMU, and he was a better prospect than Gelo to me.

Haven’t been able to watch Eli much this year, but I always felt he would’ve been at a better D1 school if he played gaurd or SF growing up.

Haven’t been able to watch Eli much this year, but I always felt he would’ve been at a better D1 school if he played gaurd or SF growing up.

From what I saw with Eli he was bad at LMU this year. Put on some freshman weight, lost almost all his explosiveness that made him so good in HS.

Ima be honest, he's probably closer to a low major talent than mid IMO

I watched Eli a few weeks back for LMU, and he was a better prospect than Gelo to me.

Semantics. Talent gap done closed :lol:.

Eli def better than Gelo. Eli is the Mid Major prospects you see in his 3rd and 4th year leading the team in the tourney as one of the best players.

Gelo is the rotational guy in 4 years spacing and knocking down jumpers. Point is....as far as Gelo is from being a pro deserving of being on a SL roster let alone G-league team....he’s undoubtedly a D-1 guy and projected to be a rotational guy down the line.

From what I saw with Eli he was bad at LMU this year. Put on some freshman weight, lost almost all his explosiveness that made him so good in HS.

Damn. We played over the summer a couple times and he was in pretty good shape. Always felt because of his size he would have flourished at a different position.

I've seen Gelo play in person plenty of times, some perspective on how far Gelo is as a basketball player.

He wouldn't start on Pepperdine's basketball team if it was based off of skill and ability, and Pepperdine was one of, if not the worst basketball team in D1 this season.

A guy who couldn't start on Pepperdine's basketball team is now going to play in the NBA summer league or G League? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But as someone told me earlier. “Buckets” :rolleyes

Semantics. Talent gap done closed :lol:.

Eli def better than Gelo. Eli is the Mid Major prospects you see in his 3rd and 4th year leading the team in the tourney as one of the best players.

Gelo is the rotational guy in 4 years spacing and knocking down jumpers. Point is....as far as Gelo is from being a pro deserving of being on a SL roster let alone G-league team....he’s undoubtedly a D-1 guy and projected to be a rotational guy down the line.

I feel you. Him being a 4 year D-1 guy at like Pepperdine, LMU, UCSB, Long Beach State, is definitely him.

Jordan McLaughlin was the best PG on the west coast this season, spent 4 years at SC, and won't get drafted and probably get a Summer league look. Gelo isn't even close to that.

Back
Top Bottom