****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

LeBron's name brings views/attention, those same views and attention lead to visitors to websites and stores, in those stores they sell a wide variety of products. LeBron's and others. People may not buy LeBrons but they may buy some shorts, or a shirt, or a hat, or a jacket.

I don't know the math needed to quantify how much LeBron being with Nike is worth but I can guarantee it's more than a billion
bless your heart

:lol: @ Lavar's Instagram post, he ain't wrong though

However, I don't think anyone gonna check out his brand unless Lonzo becomes like a mega superstar

When's the last time a player was marketable with an average scoring abilities? Not saying he can't develop those skills but I was just wondering.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you
smokin.gif

Chino Hills basketball parts ways with coach after public feud with LaVar Ball
mean.gif

Guess they'll need those Chinese shoe companies to sponsor them now for 1 billion yen [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Lol as crazy as it sounds now, I have a feeling he'll come out on top somehow.

^Still a top 3 pick. Teams just rock with the player once it comes down to actual selections

If LaVar Ball was expressing his views like say Barrack Obama, in a cogent level headed manner, he would be called arrogant, aloof, and dog whistled as an uppity negro.

Some folk don't give a **** about your delivery once they can't stand what you are saying.

-If Stephen A. Smith is ranting against your favorite player, you might think he sounds like a lunatic

But when he uses that same tone to lecture black folk.."Welp, does make a good point"

A more serious example:

-When Obama told black people not to riot, black men to be their for their kids and lectured the community, middle America love that ****.

When told the country that black people's problem were not solved in the 1960s, that we need comprehensive criminal justice reform, when he exposed civil right violations, said we need to stop guns from coming into their communities and said his son would have looked like Tarvon Martin, middle America called him a race baiter.

It is never the tone for some people, it is the content

Race is not everything when it comes to LaVar, how institutions like the NCAA, and corporation view black players and their families, but it does play a part. A big problem in this country when it comes to race, is that folk only want to hear half the truth, the part they agree with, and dismiss the part that makes them uncomfortable.

Very well said

somehow this thread will still defend him after royally screwing up a huge sneaker deal for Lonzo

Last edited:
Lavar said from the jump he wasn't looking for an endorsement. He's looking for co-branding
Too bad lavar isn't the one with the talent. Dude starting to **** with the money now, it's time to shut up and let the boy work his magic on the court. I know dude's here love the whole idea of doing it on your own or "why sign with Nike when u can be the next nike" but the kid got along way to go to even be in a situation for that to happen . He could've got a lil 3 year deal for some nice bread, made a name for himself as a superstar player then tries to push his cheesy BBB or he could've got them few hundred Ms from nike.

cats in here acting like BBB can just go ahead and produce a top notch sneaker for a few bones then have them hitting Foot Locker by his second season

that isn't how it works, you need the resources, there is a reason athletes sign with Nike and Adidas

He was talking out his *** and realized he had no leverage. He needs the companies for what he wants to do way more than they need him/

cats in here acting like BBB can just go ahead and produce a top notch sneaker for a few bones then have them hitting Foot Locker by his second season

that isn't how it works, you need the resources, there is a reason athletes sign with Nike and Adidas

It's cool let them think that. :lol:

Not to mention people actually thinking that one of these 3 will become the next MJ, Lebron, or Kobe. Yea about that... still have a high chance of all 3 flopping.

If Lonzo was that good, it would be a possibility

Unfortunately he's not that good :lol:

Back
Top Bottom