****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

cats in here acting like BBB can just go ahead and produce a top notch sneaker for a few bones then have them hitting Foot Locker by his second season

that isn't how it works, you need the resources, there is a reason athletes sign with Nike and Adidas

No company is investing in a low budget brand NO NAME brand..referring to any of these top American brands aka adidas Nike and UA

maybe he can get lucky with a Chinese brand LOLOL but knowing him, he would turn it down thinking he's better or above them :lol:

Let's see what happens come draft time where his son gets drafted and he starts talking **** about the team and saying his son won't play for em :smh:

I wonder if Lavar even consults with Lonzo about any of this. At the very least Id hope you'd give your cash cow son the chance to have some input

He was talking out his *** and realized he had no leverage. He needs the companies for what he wants to do way more than they need him/

This is true. Athletes come a dime a dozen. Refusing to do business with Lonzo because of LaVar was inevitable. It'll be other top prospects going pro this draft, plenty next year, and the year after that.

Not signing Lonzo to prove a point, out of spite, or just because they don't want to deal with the dad isn't hurting their bottom line. If other prospects moving forward start wanting a bigger say in what they're signing for, be it money or having control of their brand, than things might change eventually.

But for now, laVars approach is the exception rather than the norm so they can approach it that way.

I understand what he's trying to do. It's a gamble, but he believes the risk is worth it, and that his son can deliver. Right now, him saying "what if Tiger, Lebron, Serena would have had their own company from the start, look how rich they could have been." He's taking a HUGE gamble thinking any of his sons are going to be the next superstar of their sport.

Again, that's too risky for me. But I don't have the inside knowledge of being around his sons to make that judgement call. He does, and that's the route that he believes will be successful.

I can understand why people say it's stupid, it's not the safe way to go, he's costing his sons money etc, but I can also see how his stance makes sense if he believes in the success of his sons

IF Lavar was Lebron's father and he did the same thing when Lebby came out of HS do you think Lebby would have the leverage to get a company to invest in BBB?

Lavar catching more L's than his sons names 
mean.gif

I understand what he's trying to do. It's a gamble, but he believes the risk is worth it, and that his son can deliver. Right now, him saying "what if Tiger, Lebron, Serena would have had their own company from the start, look how rich they could have been." He's taking a HUGE gamble thinking any of his sons are going to be the next superstar of their sport.

Again, that's too risky for me. But I don't have the inside knowledge of being around his sons to make that judgement call. He does, and that's the route that he believes will be successful.

I can understand why people say it's stupid, it's not the safe way to go, he's costing his sons money etc, but I can also see how his stance makes sense if he believes in the success of his sons

Yeah I agree with all this. Lavar is gambling big time though but he does have three sons so I'm guessing he's praying and hoping at least one pans out so he has that leverage he is asking for.

If he loses out and it doesn't work out at least he gave it a shot. Can't even really be mad at the risk. He does have to give in a lil bit though because he may cost his sons major money. Your sons ain't always gonna be "the prospects" with some type of upside.

Lonzo laid the foundation, all these future prospects just have to follow it and do it better. Looking at you Zion

This. This is one of those cases where you have the right idea but the worst possible messenger of it. It's like Macklemore or Azelea Banks going to bat for "real hip hop"

Last edited:
IF Lavar was Lebron's father and he did the same thing when Lebby came out of HS do you think Lebby would have the leverage to get a company to invest in BBB?

Possibly. We never seen a player with that much hype before or after lebron.

I think lebron might have been the only player to ever pull it off, maybe. Now a days the basketball market is general is pretty bad sale wise

Possibly. We never seen a player with that much hype before or after lebron.

I think lebron might have been the only player to ever pull it off, maybe. Now a days the basketball market is general is pretty bad sale wise
Yup. Being the top 1 of 1 is different than being in the top 3 of your class or the top 25-50 players in the league. There's a steep drop and it's only buoyed by local markets, etc.

If you're not an MVP-caliber player, you're not going to be topping sales:

View media item 2419296
That said, even if you're selling 5-10% of what Lebron does but you're keeping all the profits, that's not bad.

Or, the other way to put this, even if you signed with Nike as a non-MVP top 25-50 player in the league, you're not selling more than 5-10% of what Lebron does.

somehow this thread will still defend him after royally screwing up a huge sneaker deal for Lonzo
The Big Baller Brand weren't looking for a traditional sneaker deal tho , it was always gon be a partnership ...this news doesn't change much really

This is why black people will have nothing in this country. Black on black hate is real. Y'all act like Nike they only one making shoes. Pretty sure shaqs shoes sell at pay less and pretty well might I add. I forget NT is mostly teenie boopers who don't know nothing. :smh:

Last edited:
It's literally the same four of five dudes hating on the situation.

It's as if every time the thread gets bumped, they click on it praying it's some negative news about Papa ball

This is why black people will have nothing in this country. Black on black hate is real. Y'all act like Nike they only one making shoes. Pretty sure shaqs shoes sell at pay less and pretty well might I add. I forget NT is mostly teenie boopers who don't know nothing. :smh:
[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom