****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

This is why black people will have nothing in this country. Black on black hate is real. Y'all act like Nike they only one making shoes. Pretty sure shaqs shoes sell at pay less and pretty well might I add. I forget NT is mostly teenie boopers who don't know nothing. :smh:

It's literally the same four of five dudes hating on the situation.

It's as if every time the thread gets bumped, they click on it praying it's some negative news about Papa ball

----------------------

GREAT POST @whywesteppin great way to bring numbers to the convo. Couldn't agree more fam!

Last edited:
This is why black people will have nothing in this country. Black on black hate is real. Y'all act like Nike they only one making shoes. Pretty sure shaqs shoes sell at pay less and pretty well might I add. I forget NT is mostly teenie boopers who don't know nothing.
mean.gif
Lavar's business moves are being criticized, which are affecting endorsements for his son. If anything, we'll be saying, this is why his son won't "have nothing in this country."

This isn't black on black hate. It's "change your strategy." How is this translated into hate?

This is why black people will have nothing in this country. Black on black hate is real. Y'all act like Nike they only one making shoes. Pretty sure shaqs shoes sell at pay less and pretty well might I add. I forget NT is mostly teenie boopers who don't know nothing.
mean.gif
not not buying my kids nothing from payless

I'm not hating on anyone that is trying to start up their own business or market their existing business. But what I want to know, and maybe someone can answer this, is who else is going to be signed under BBB? Is it just the Ball kids?

Lavar's idea is brilliant, how he's gone about idk tho but the idea is revolutionary
I wouldn't call it brilliant :lol:
A hype beast clothing line would have been more realistic than trying to sell athletic clothing with Lonzo's name on it.

Let's be honest, Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas got a stronghold on the market share of athletic goods, trying to go up against it would be a fools errand.

The best thing Lavar should have done for Lonzo was letting Lonzo flourish with a sneaker deal....then slowly as they get more capital and Lonzo becomes a NBA star or superstar, you can throw your weight around and do a brand partnership with whatever you want to sell.

They say publicity always sells, but you have to pick your battles on how profitable you want to be and how you want to achieve your end game. Safe to say Lavar messed up his long term money, and maybe even his short term money with his "strategy".

Lonzo has the leverage.....and it's ultimately up to his performance.

If he plays like a Starboy that he is....they'll come around if he wants to go the endorsement route.

Dwayne Wade started on converse. Went to JB, then left Jordan for Li Ning. Remember that. It's not the end all b all to NOT have an endorsement. John Wall currently doesn't have an endorsement. He going get a bag after this year though.

Lonzo is marketable and popular already without touching the Rock if he performs up to the optimistic projections of him....he'll be fine.

Man a shoe contract is like an "insurance" plan, That's a guaranteed secured bag. I understand what he's trying to accomplish, but he's kinda going about it the wrong way.

Not in his position but since he believes in his kids so much, I woulda had Lonzo sign one of them contracts, take the bread and rock whomevers sneaks for a few years. ball his *** off in the league for a few seasons to gain a following and then start his own brand. Either way it's going to be a lot of added pressure on Lonzo his rookie season.

Man a shoe contract is like an "insurance" plan, That's a guaranteed secured bag. I understand what he's trying to accomplish, but he's kinda going about it the wrong way.

Not in his position but since he believes in his kids so much, I woulda had Lonzo sign one of them contracts, take the bread and rock whomevers sneaks for a few years. ball his *** off in the league for a few seasons to gain a following and then start his own brand. Either way it's going to be a lot of added pressure on Lonzo his rookie season.

Pretty much exactly what he should have done

If Lonzo is as advertised than a few years from now he'd be able to launch his brand to a large audience but kids don't want no bum shoes without a Nike or Adidas logo on it right now

Yup. With some of the examples given here, like Shaq especially. He had a shoe deal with a major brand before he did his own thing. An athlete needs to establish a brand to even have one to begin with.

Lonzo has the leverage.....and it's ultimately up to his performance.

If he plays like a Starboy that he is....they'll come around if he wants to go the endorsement route.

Dwayne Wade started on converse. Went to JB, then left Jordan for Li Ning. Remember that. It's not the end all b all to NOT have an endorsement. John Wall currently doesn't have an endorsement. He going get a bag after this year though.

Lonzo is marketable and popular already without touching the Rock if he performs up to the optimistic projections of him....he'll be fine.
That's a huge risk Lavar is taking. Wouldn't even be the most profitable risk he's doing as of right now.

This is a business school case study waiting to happen.

Yup. With some of the examples given here, like Shaq especially. He had a shoe deal with a major brand before he did his own thing. An athlete needs to establish a brand to even have one to begin with.

Yea dude had already built up his profile enough with his Reebok kicks by the time he decided to branch out with Shaq kicks

That's a huge risk Lavar is taking. Wouldn't even be the most profitable risk he's doing as of right now.

It's a risk. But into could pay off.

Lonzo was projected as a top 5 pick before his pops even popped up with this big baller brand stuff...and shined the spotlight on him.

Lonzo would've just been another top 5 pick who got signed to Adidas for 50k....and basically just had an inventory to free shoes :lol:.

Unless you're the number 1 pick or Bron level....those execs aren't throwing ms at you just cuz you're a top 5 pick. You wear their shoes for free for a few years...ball out...then they come with the big bag.

Last edited:
somehow this thread will still defend him after royally screwing up a huge sneaker deal for Lonzo

What's a huge sneaker deal these days though? Getting a generic, low cut, plastic & mesh shoe with your own logo if you're lucky?

Lavar would have better success 2 decades ago when the big sneaker companies were more open to creating true signature lines and sub-brands (Jordan Brand, Iverson, Shaq, etc..). With the present basketball sneaker climate and overall decline in basketball sneaker sales, co-branding and partnerships are a no-go.

If he plays well, the endorsements will definitely come. Bu how is this route a good business decision when he could have had an endorsement NOW that would have set him up for establishing something later?

Shaq, Wade and Wall had endorsement contracts before their free agent status, setting them up for whatever route they wished. They proved themselves first and had deals at the same time.

I'm fine with the "this is what we want to do" goal, but what's the plan for getting there?

What's a huge sneaker deal these days though? Getting a generic, low cut, plastic & mesh shoe with your own logo if you're lucky?

Lavar would have better success 2 decades ago when the big sneaker companies were more open to creating true signature lines and sub-brands (Jordan Brand, Iverson, Shaq, etc..). With the present basketball sneaker climate and overall decline in basketball sneaker sales, co-branding and partnerships are a no-go.

Ben Simmons got a deal for 5 years at $7.5 million a year with incentives

Adidas offered him 5 years at $10 million a year

I truly believe it's going to work out for Alonzo, once he gets his @ss Daddy out of the way. They need to leave the majors alone and take a direct flight to the shoe manufacturers that produced Starbury Athletic Shoes and Appearal. They would make millions with proper market and product placement.

Last edited:

It's a risk. But into could pay off.

Lonzo was projected as a top 5 pick before his pops even popped up with this big baller brand stuff...and shined the spotlight on him.

Lonzo would've just been another top 5 pick who got signed to Adidas for 50k....and basically just had an inventory to free shoes :lol:.

Unless you're the number 1 pick or Bron level....those execs aren't throwing ms at you just cuz you're a top 5 pick. You wear their shoes for free for a few years...ball out...then they come with the big bag.
Making clothes and shoes like that aren't free man :lol:
Inventory costs are a mfer too

Best thing Lavar could have done is hype up his son to the following big sneaker companies, walk off with a short term 3-4 year contract with $1-2 mil each year at least, then if he doesn't want to wear the sneakers anymore, he could jump off after the contract and partner with a sneaker company to get a big share of the revenue if he has that weight.

Lavar is just banking on Lonzo being a star, I wish the best of luck to him.

If I were an investor though, I wouldn't be taking that bet though. The costs would be too great over the potential revenue.

Making clothes and shoes like that aren't free man :lol:
Inventory costs are a mfer too

Best thing Lavar could have done is hype up his son to the following big sneaker companies, walk off with a short term 3-4 year contract with $1-2 mil each year at least, then if he doesn't want to wear the sneakers anymore, he could jump off after the contract and partner with a sneaker company to get a big share of the revenue if he has that weight.

Lavar is just banking on Lonzo being a star, I wish the best of luck to him.

If I were an investor though, I wouldn't be taking that bet though. The costs would be too great over the potential revenue.

Lonzo wasn't getting 1-2 mil per year without all this "attention" it's a gift and a curse for real.

Without alll the hoopla about the ball family....Lonzo would just be Jon Isaac, D'aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Dennis Smith etc. Those dudes aren't seeing any million dollar endorsements. And they might get taken before him.

Ben Simmons got 1.5 mil a year. He was regarded as the #1 pick in the future draft since he was in high school...and high profile without antics.

You think if Lonzo was just some vanilla prospect without everything around him that execs would just throw him 1-2 mil? Hell no :lol:.

He woulda got that 100k free sneaker special for two years....then they woulda came and resigned him with a big contract if it worked out.

Lavar is setting the precedent for the next truly elite prospect to really eat off of this.

I haven't been following the NBA the past 5 seasons or so. What type of shoe deals are fringe lottery picks getting, let alone top picks?

I'd say it's more gutsy than revolutionary. There are only 3-4 main shoe brands for good reason. Why not sign a 2 year deal, establish yourself, and jump from there with some leverage.

Back
Top Bottom