****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Making clothes and shoes like that aren't free man :lol:
Inventory costs are a mfer too

Best thing Lavar could have done is hype up his son to the following big sneaker companies, walk off with a short term 3-4 year contract with $1-2 mil each year at least, then if he doesn't want to wear the sneakers anymore, he could jump off after the contract and partner with a sneaker company to get a big share of the revenue if he has that weight.

Lavar is just banking on Lonzo being a star, I wish the best of luck to him.

If I were an investor though, I wouldn't be taking that bet though. The costs would be too great over the potential revenue.

Lonzo wasn't getting 1-2 mil per year without all this "attention" it's a gift and a curse for real.

Without alll the hoopla about the ball family....Lonzo would just be Jon Isaac, D'aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Dennis Smith etc. Those dudes aren't seeing any million dollar endorsements. And they might get taken before him.

Ben Simmons got 1.5 mil a year. He was regarded as the #1 pick in the future draft since he was in high school...and high profile without antics.

You think if Lonzo was just some vanilla prospect without everything around him that execs would just throw him 1-2 mil? Hell no :lol:.

He woulda got that 100k free sneaker special for two years....then they woulda came and resigned him with a big contract if it worked out.

Lavar is setting the precedent for the next truly elite prospect to really eat off of this.

I think you missed the part of the business plan where I explained you use that attention to get sneaker companies to bid on you high instead of saying "I DONT NEED NIKE OR ADIDAS BLAH BLAH BLAH". Number one rule in business 101, never burn your bridges unless you have a good reason.
Lonzo is a good prospect in the NBA, but you are acting like he's going to turn up 50 mil like that within 5 years without building his brand the conventional way.

And if Lonzo really banking on having Lonzo making money like that or selling out sneakers like he's MJ or LeBron....he better get a dope designer. No one is going to be rocking BBB like that to be honest.

This is why black people will have nothing in this country. Black on black hate is real. Y'all act like Nike they only one making shoes. Pretty sure shaqs shoes sell at pay less and pretty well might I add. I forget NT is mostly teenie boopers who don't know nothing. :smh:

This is not smart.

I haven't been following the NBA the past 5 seasons or so. What type of shoe deals are fringe lottery picks getting, let alone top picks?

I'd say it's more gutsy than revolutionary. There are only 3-4 main shoe brands for good reason. Why not sign a 2 year deal, establish yourself, and jump from there with some leverage.
Just an example. Ben Simmons as the #1 pick has a nike deal for 5 years 20 million. With incentives in it to bring it up to 40 million. Thats Simmons though, who was a bit more higher profile coming out and more marketable

I haven't been following the NBA the past 5 seasons or so. What type of shoe deals are fringe lottery picks getting, let alone top picks?

I'd say it's more gutsy than revolutionary. There are only 3-4 main shoe brands for good reason. Why not sign a 2 year deal, establish yourself, and jump from there with some leverage.
Just an example. Ben Simmons as the #1 pick has a nike deal for 5 years 20 million. With incentives in it to bring it up to 40 million. Thats Simmons though, who was a bit more higher profile coming out and more marketable

What's a huge sneaker deal these days though? Getting a generic, low cut, plastic & mesh shoe with your own logo if you're lucky?

Lavar would have better success 2 decades ago when the big sneaker companies were more open to creating true signature lines and sub-brands (Jordan Brand, Iverson, Shaq, etc..). With the present basketball sneaker climate and overall decline in basketball sneaker sales, co-branding and partnerships are a no-go.

Ben Simmons got a deal for 5 years at $7.5 million a year with incentives

Adidas offered him 5 years at $10 million a year

Which one of y'all is Fox News and which one of y'all is CNN?

Lavar gonna have hype beasts lined up at Payless shoes to cop the latest BigBallerBrand release :pimp:

lonzo tryin to be like karl malone and rock some la gears or maybe some spaulding. I'm sure he'll be happy with the thousands of dollars co-branding with them will get him.

413311854.jpg

View media item 2419506

This is why black people will have nothing in this country. Black on black hate is real. Y'all act like Nike they only one making shoes. Pretty sure shaqs shoes sell at pay less and pretty well might I add. I forget NT is mostly teenie boopers who don't know nothing. :smh:

A player's father acting like a fool in public and hurting the player's financial prospects by bashing potential sponsors has nothing to do with being black. You Lavar Ball apologists are a strange crowd, and I have no idea how none of you can see how the father is in it for himself (despite what he's saying about setting his sons up for the future).

I respect wanting to create your own brand and legacy, but most people don't just start their brand from nothing unless they're basically a once in a generation type of talent (which Lonzo Ball clearly is not from what he's shown so far). Why not work towards this after Lonzo has actually played in the NBA for a while and proven himself?

Your Shaq example doesn't even work. He started that brand AFTER establishing himself as an elite NBA player and the most dominant center of all time. What are Lonzo Ball's achievements so far?

I mean even look at the Starbury shoes. I remember tons of people going to KMart to cop those (half of the people I know bought them as a joke, but still :lol:) How many pairs would they have sold if Marbury wasn't recognized as a talented NBA player? (Please don't address the "talented NBA player" statement with any trash S&T NBA thread style comments, you know what I mean by this)

Last edited:

This has textbook "parent that uses his children's achievements to boost his own image" written all over it. I've gone to school with so many of these types throughout my life that I can tell in an instant. Usually the sons/daughters are quiet and humble, while the parents are the ones irritating everyone by being loudmouths and bragging 24/7

Last edited:
Can anyone point out the Lavar hate? All I see is a realistic discussion on a business plan by Lavar.

lol realistic. $1B evaluation on his company without any sales figures to show for it.

.... Realistic. hahaha.
:lol: Lavar cookin the books

In order for him to do that books would have to exist in the first place bruh
It exists in his head bruh
No auditing needed

I thought homie was just a black Marv Marinovich but this is different...

Lonzo needs to cut the cord now before it's too late and his relationship with his father is irreversible. 

Last edited:
Can anyone point out the Lavar hate? All I see is a realistic discussion on a business plan by Lavar.

lol realistic. $1B evaluation on his company without any sales figures to show for it.

.... Realistic. hahaha.
:lol: Lavar cookin the books

Wondering if he's even got a few thousand in profits from that clothing brand. He'd have to sell a lot of those $50 hats.
I think you're being fairly generous with your estimate

Look at the margins NIKE and others work with. A $170 shoe costs maybe $30 to make.

Yet here we have t shirts and other BBB apparel that are nearly $100.

Whos gonna drop $300 for some BBB first pick non air/ all foam sketcher like shoes? Unless dude blows up, and they do lower their price, and margins become crap, it will take years to earn what Nike and Adidas and UA were gonna just hand dude... Seriously, This is one of the biggest gambles I have ever seen.

I like their vision and dream, but please, place reality into your mirror and think. A Ben Simmons like deal could have set his whole family up for LIFE. But I think Lavar wants bigger things. Thats a scary thought (with injuries and such).

They likely declined a million dollar deal and are shooting for the stars with their $40 hats and $80 tshirts.

Last edited:
It's interesting. Lavar has much more to lose now over his sons than Nike would have if they had signed Lonzo. I'm curious to see how that dynamic will play out. could be good, could be bad, I don't care. it'll just be interesting.

^ to the post above mine... i wonder what company he's using to make his shirts. vistaprint?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom