****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Lonzo would have easily got $500k to $2 mil a year since he's a top 3 pick

You telling me BBB is worth that much right now? They haven't even released their financial statements :rofl:

Again that's not alot of money if Lonzo ends up balling.
That's a big if. You're not convincing me that he's going to make more money doing his way as opposed to being more conventional.

It's crazy lonzo went from the next jason kidd at the beginning of the season to not even ben simmons level lol, Lavar's mouth has already impacted lil bruhs ceiling

Most rookies don't get huge endorsement deals before the are drafted. Lavar didn't cost his son much money. Lonzo isn't Ben Simmons.

They were probably offering relatively low deals with multiple years.
hes a lotto pick. with the right agent he can easily finesse a 7 figure deal 

That's a big if. You're not convincing me that he's going to make more money doing his way as opposed to being more conventional.

Dude is taking a chance and it may not work out.

They can always sign with one of the Chinese sneaker companies.
A lot of dudes in here are saying the moves right now aren't smart business wise.
He overplayed his cards and got too greedy in trying to gain leverage on the top players.

Also everyone "takes chances" in business, doesn't mean that's an excuse for why a venture failed. Reasonable business strategies takes the best optimal risk and reward. Right now what Lavar is doing is high risk and medium reward. An experienced financial officer would tell you what he's doing isn't the best for the BBB brand.

And the best he could do right now is to sign to a Chinese ahtletic goods contract? :rofl:
If you think a Nike/Adidas contract was gonna be peanuts, he's gonna get bread crumbs with those companies.

It also brings me back to the Dave Chappelle joke: "The only difference between $50 million and $10 million dollars.. is an astounding 40 million dollars."

Y'all can say he's being his own man and what not, but he's missing out on easy money, especially since the BBB goods are overpriced and trash and haven't heard of anyone wearing them joints other than the Ball family themselves.

Unless lonzo gets drafted to the rockets he'd probably just be another guy with a decent shoe contract whose sneakers aren't really seen in American stores. garnett, wade, parker, klay got those Chinese brand shoes.

Can't bring myself to hate on another black man bc he has vision. I'll leave that to the salty whites up in here that's their job. A lot of ppl just don't have vision. Can't get mad at him for playing the long game instead of accepting a Nike deal for peanuts. Imagine if MJ had the foresight.

So it's as simple as blacks like what he's doing and whites don't? If his white mom was the one doing this would you still support it? I'm not white or black so I guess I can judge however I want.

Can't bring myself to hate on another black man bc he has vision. I'll leave that to the salty whites up in here that's their job. A lot of ppl just don't have vision. Can't get mad at him for playing the long game instead of accepting a Nike deal for peanuts. Imagine if MJ had the foresight.

So it's as simple as blacks like what he's doing and whites don't? If his white mom was the one doing this would you still support it? I'm not white or black so I guess I can judge however I want.

Easyyyyyy there pa

A lot of dudes in here are saying the moves right now aren't smart business wise.
He overplayed his cards and got too greedy in trying to gain leverage on the top players.

Also everyone "takes chances" in business, doesn't mean that's an excuse for why a venture failed. Reasonable business strategies takes the best optimal risk and reward. Right now what Lavar is doing is high risk and medium reward. An experienced financial officer would tell you what he's doing isn't the best for the BBB brand.

And the best he could do right now is to sign to a Chinese ahtletic goods contract? :rofl:
If you think a Nike/Adidas contract was gonna be peanuts, he's gonna get bread crumbs with those companies.

just another salty white!

LaVar out here playing 4D chess and you're busy learning 1D checkers.

just another salty white!

LaVar out here playing 4D chess and you're busy learning 1D checkers.
Damn you right
MJ didn't have enough foresight to be playing 4D chess
Lavar about to make a billi in a year :pimp:

Last edited:
Damn you right
Thank you.

Imagine if MJ did have foresight. Imagine if he had launched a signature shoe every year starting in his rookie season and had come up with a brilliant ad campaign to promote them.

What if he had the foresight to create a whole media image by teaming up with a dozen different sponsors. What if one of those sponsors came up with a tune, something simple and catchy like, "I wanna be like Mike" on repeat?

It's a shame though that we'll never really know what could have been.

Unless lonzo gets drafted to the rockets he'd probably just be another guy with a decent shoe contract whose sneakers aren't really seen in American stores. garnett, wade, parker, klay got those Chinese brand shoes.

Those Chinese companies are paying more than the USA companies for those guys.

If Lonzo lives up to the hype he will get paid.

Damn you right
Thank you.

Imagine if MJ did have foresight. Imagine if he had launched a signature shoe every year starting in his rookie season and had come up with a brilliant ad campaign to promote them.

What if he had the foresight to create a whole media image by teaming up with a dozen different sponsors. What if one of those sponsors came up with a tune, something simple and catchy like, "I wanna be like Mike" on repeat?

It's a shame though that we'll never really know what could have been.
You right
Should have also done a movie with a famous cartoon character
He missed out mane :smh:

Wonder if these bridges are permanently burned or if Lonzo went to them by himself he would still ink a deal (without pops interference).

Im sure these execs are more likely to want to make an example out of Lonzo than anything.

Doubt it. They're in the business of making money, not making examples out of people. Trust that if an opportunity arises where they can be profitable and it includes Lonzo, they'll take it.

Money outweighs everything else for Nike, adidas, etc.

Doubt it. They're in the business of making money, not making examples out of people. Trust that if an opportunity arises where they can be profitable and it includes Lonzo, they'll take it.

it really doesn't

Nike let kanye go

and all companies seemed to band together to stifle lonzo to stop others from having brand ownership

Wonder if these bridges are permanently burned or if Lonzo went to them by himself he would still ink a deal (without pops interference).

Im sure these execs are more likely to want to make an example out of Lonzo than anything.

Facts.

I am a big Lavar fan but he played his all wrong. Right now, at most what he should have asked for is some BBB x Nike/Adidas collaborations, let Lonzo promote BBB too, and access to Nike supply chain to produce his gear.

Sign a short year (maybe 3-4 years) and in return maybe Lonzo takes a little less upfront to spread out the financial risk.

Then if Lonzo blows up, LiAngelo is actually producing in the league :smile:rollins he won't be), and Melo is about to be a lottery pick, then you try to squeeze them for a major deal.

But asking for that type of deal when you won't even let them assess how much your brand is worth is a lil ridiculous.

LaVar like to talk about him being the head of the family and his boys have to answer to him, well he just ****** up Lonzo's money, not his. He about to send Zo into the world to be his own man with 20-30 million less that he should have. I appreciate the move he is about to make because it could really turn the industry on its head if he pulls it off, but he let his ego get the best off him.

don't think he was getting anywhere near 30 million dollars. unless he's got a huge following and hype to capitalize off of, he's not getting that much :lol:

y'all see sales of most of these big name proven stars? minus Lebron, most aren't exactly doing great for how much they're getting paid.

I just through out a rough estimate. Please don't get stuck on it

Even if it one million, the point of my argument doesn't change.

Last edited:
y'all see sales of most of these big name proven stars? minus Lebron, most aren't exactly doing great for how much they're getting paid.
Word. New Currys were a major flop.

Selling your own line is hard if you ain't the [emoji]128016[/emoji], Lebby, or Mamba.

Back
Top Bottom