****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Look at the margins NIKE and others work with. A $170 shoe costs maybe $30 to make.

Yet here we have t shirts and other BBB apparel that are nearly $100.

Whos gonna drop $300 for some BBB first pick non air/ all foam sketcher like shoes? Unless dude blows up, and they do lower their price, and margins become crap, it will take years to earn what Nike and Adidas and UA were gonna just hand dude... Seriously, This is one of the biggest gambles I have ever seen.

I like their vision and dream, but please, place reality into your mirror and think. A Ben Simmons like deal could have set his whole family up for LIFE. But I think Lavar wants bigger things. Thats a scary thought (with injuries and such).

They likely declined a million dollar deal and are shooting for the stars with their $40 hats and $80 tshirts.

its not a gamble because the whole idea is idiotic and for anyone to think it was realistic or plausible in the united state of America is a bigger idiot than Lavar.

like I said awhile back, this guy is just using his kids so he can profit off them.

Pops is wildin. Let Lonzo be great and control his own life. This is not a good look at all.

It's interesting. Lavar has much more to lose now over his sons than Nike would have if they had signed Lonzo. I'm curious to see how that dynamic will play out. could be good, could be bad, I don't care. it'll just be interesting.

^ to the post above mine... i wonder what company he's using to make his shirts. vistaprint?
I would be using aliexpress

The ball family will come out with a W. Ownership/Partnership > a deal .
How would you know they gonna profit more off this than getting a deal?
You got inside information on Lavars numbers or what? :lol:

Last edited:
I think Lavar reneges.  He's basically done a 180 on a lot of his more outlandish talking points, specifically Lonzo only playing for the Lakers.  

I can totally see him pulling a Trump.  

You got inside information on Lavars numbers or what?
laugh.gif
As long is they get into some sort of ownership/partnership they will get more money I'm sure. Just how business works...

You got inside information on Lavars numbers or what? :lol:
As long is they get into some sort of ownership/partnership they will get more money I'm sure. Just how business works...
They gonna own some factories or what?
And Lavar better pray Lonzo becomes a superstar. Thats the only way they gonna get more money as opposed to just have a sneaker deal the first 3 to 4 years, then branching out.

With all he networking involved in going to top colleges, it would be ingenious forward-thinking to link up with some guys interested, n talented, in all the areas of brand management, n development, you arent exactly proficient in. Facebook n several other companies are worth billions, n the founders didnt have the clout to just do it (no pun intended). Im not saying everyone wil succeed, but to think it kant be done is foolish. You have all these resources at your disposal in college, combine that with multi-million dollar deals from NBA contracts, n all the potentialis there.

And Lavar better pray Lonzo becomes a superstar. Thats the only way they gonna get more money as opposed to just have a sneaker deal the first 3 to 4 years, then branching out.
Own factories ? lol that's not feasible and isn't even close to what I'm talking about. Ownership/partnership meaning they will partner with a company own a percentage of sales , have control , and whatever other details would be apart of partnership deal.

Saucony is already stepping up to the plate for the business deal they wanted from nike. No saucony isn't great, but they won't be the last or only company interested in doing something with the baller brand.

Last edited:

Own factories ? lol that's not feasible and isn't even close to what I'm talking about. Ownership/partnership meaning they will partner with a company own a percentage of sales , have control , and whatever other details would be apart of partnership deal.

Saucony is already stepping up to the plate for the business deal they wanted from nike. No saucony isn't great, but they won't be the last or only company interested in doing something with the baller brand.
How much they getting from Saucony?

How much they getting from Saucony?

Saucony is offering what they wanted from Nike, so whatever that is . I'd assume you'd know since you said they wouldn't make more than signed a shoe deal . I haven't been keeping up with figures .
You got any article for where they are offering the same amount?
Because the only one I'm seeing is the Nice Kicks article, and it doesn't mention anything about the details and what not.

They make sneakers with saucony then they better be happy with no one buying those basketball shoes.

Reactions: God
I have no hate towards the ball fam but there is so many things wrong with BBB way of trying to get in the game:
1. Their brand has yet to bring anything innovative to an already lackluster competion
2. The pricing of the lifestyle clothing is obscene compared to companies ingrained in the sportswear industry, ie.( 100 dollar snapbacks compared to the 30 dollar lebron snapbacks that still dont sell)
3. Jordan has his money because he was the first to "partner" with a brand even though technicaly Jordan Brand is still owned and ran by Nike and has been a liability in recent years due to decline in purchases of Jordans, that's why there has not really been deals structured like that since. (outside of lebron's lifetime deal which is nearly 20 years since Jordan's deal was restructured).

The BBB's best chance of getting licensing is working with an upcoming company and praying lonzo has the juice to be the goat. I would much rather bet on Markelle Fultz being the wonder kid in the draft due to no pressure from outside critics due to the lavar ball hysteria. After Fultz, Miles Bridges being the true gem in the next NBA Draft ( weak incoming hs prospects and him returning to MSU to play his actual SF position instead of being a stretch 4). Chinese companies will not pick up lonzo as they bet on the older nba players who already got their burn in the league ( Klay, Rondo, Dwight, KG when he was in the league, and even Stephon ****ing Marbury when he was the goat in china :rofl:) wishing the best for that but but Lavar is gonna mess that check up for kid too the max man. Also the Saucony situation is a real troll as the only way the deal will be structured is if Lavar beats their VP of Finance in a game of 1 on 1 :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no hate towards the ball fam but there is so many things wrong with BBB way of trying to get in the game:
1. Their brand has yet to bring anything innovative to an already lackluster competion
2. The pricing of the lifestyle clothing is obscene compared to companies ingrained in the sportswear industry, ie.( 100 dollar snapbacks compared to the 30 dollar lebron snapbacks that still dont sell)
3. Jordan has his money because he was the first to "partner" with a brand even though technicaly Jordan Brand is still owned and ran by Nike and has been a liability in recent years due to decline in purchases of Jordans, that's why there has not really been deals structured like that since. (outside of lebron's lifetime deal which is nearly 20 years since Jordan's deal was restructured).

The BBB's best chance of getting licensing is working with an upcoming company and praying lonzo has the juice to be the goat. I would much rather bet on Markelle Fultz being the wonder kid in the draft due to no pressure from outside critics due to the lavar ball hysteria. After Fultz, Miles Bridges being the true gem in the next NBA Draft ( weak incoming hs prospects and him returning to MSU to play his actual SF position instead of being a stretch 4). Chinese companies will not pick up lonzo as they bet on the older nba players who already got their burn in the league ( Klay, Rondo, Dwight, KG when he was in the league, and even Stephon ****ing Marbury when he was the goat in china :rofl:) wishing the best for that but but Lavar is gonna mess that check up for kid too the max man. Also the Saucony situation is a real troll as the only way the deal will be structured is if Lavar beats their VP of Finance in a game of 1 on 1 :rofl:
Repped my man.
Like I said, Lavar gonna have to pray that Lonzo becomes basketball Jesus to be caking like that.
Which is why I don't get why some NTers on here are saying it will pan out? Like how? Do any of you cats even are thinking of buying BBB clothing? We are not even talking about sneakers :lol:

Yea saucony retro runners are pretty popular.

Do they eem make new model hoops shoes tho?

Back
Top Bottom