The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So dude on the phone told me to take a bunch of pics of the skull and send them in. I picked it up by the edges and as soon as they get em the dude is like “DO NOT TOUCH IT AGAIN! Don’t move it and stay put!”

So now we’re doing dna swabs to eliminate us from evidence they already have on file. They think they know who the person is. Dude said he’s almost certain it was a suicide but the family believes there’s foul play. They have other pieces of bones from an earlier date so they should be able to easily determine if it’s who they think it is.

Last edited:
Well I guess since we’re no suspects at this point, I can share the pics. Sheriff was pretty weird about me having my phone out when we were at the car, so I only snapped the last peeps that showed up.

The forensic dudes were FUNNY AS **** though. Dude was talking mad crap about how he used to slay the trout and steelhead in this spot. Trying to school me on the right setup.

I’m like cool story bro but seriously can we fish now? Snap your little pics and go. Then he kicked us out of the spot completely.
IMG_2159.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

IMG_2151.jpeg

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2154.jpeg

IMG_2158.jpeg

IMG_2168.jpeg

Hit our limit anyways. Human remains ain’t gonna stop me.

Trout season is never coming over here man.

Was going to go for lake trout this weekend but I’m not even wasting my time or gas to go up to 🇨🇦
IMG_0882.png

Are any of you guys using any good tactical or useful bags while fishing?

I always used my old Jansport backpack but if I’m gonna be going out by myself I wanna pack some extra things like a knife and bear spray and all that

I seen a few Highland Tactical ones at Ross today but they still wanted $40

i run super light so it all goes in a fanny pack. small thing with about 15 hooks and 5 swivels. small spool of fluorocarbon leader. nail clippers. ziploc with my phone (sometimes i bring it if its a work day - prefer to leave on shore). we’re about 75 yards from shore and and the water can be over my waist so it’s hard to bring too much stuff.

Had a trip to the outer banks this past week…our trip had to be moved earlier and we couldn’t go out to the ocean so just fished the brackish water…got a bunch of speckled trout in the boat and some bluefish also. Was kinda disappointed we couldn’t go out for some mahi or kingfish due to the weather but still good fun
71511088110__8BDBF5D7-CAA0-469D-86C3-A551128E6DD6.jpeg

i caught a small mahi on a spinner from a boat once. that was pretty fun. i don’t miss going out on the boat though. ESPECIALLY when it’s rough. takes me a day to recover. i’m not built like that anymore 😂

we don’t have rough days here. :lol:

Unless you’re fishing superior which does but I hate fishing that lake.

Yeah. I roll light with trout too. Less is more when you’re wading. In line spinners and a couple rapalas. Net on my back and that’s it.
Yeah my issue is that where I fish is so remote that if I go by myself i need to bring some “**** hit the fan” stuff just in case. Bear spray. Large knife. Maybe some food packs, fire starter, first aid, etc.

If I fall or mess up somehow, I’m gonna have to get out of that myself.

Yeah my issue is that where I fish is so remote that if I go by myself i need to bring some “**** hit the fan” stuff just in case. Bear spray. Large knife. Maybe some food packs, fire starter, first aid, etc.

If I fall or mess up somehow, I’m gonna have to get out of that myself.

Tbh I’d just thug it out and carry a bigger backpack and deal with it.

Maybe just invest in a comfortable backpack that can carry all you need.

Tbh I’d just thug it out and carry a bigger backpack and deal with it.

Maybe just invest in a comfortable backpack that can carry all you need.
I was thinking about that. I will have to.

Maybe I should’ve bought that $40 highland tactical bag, tons of space and made of a good canvas. Ah well

I was thinking about that. I will have to.

Maybe I should’ve bought that $40 highland tactical bag, tons of space and made of a good canvas. Ah well

If your budget is $40-80, I would just get a hoops backpack. They are usually light, mostly waterproof, comfy, and can carry a good amount of gear. I use a Nike one I got from *Richard’s* Sporting Goods.

IMG_2354.jpeg

IMG_2355.jpeg

IMG_2356.jpeg

Isn’t very tactical looking but Gets the job done. Doesn’t get snagged on blackberry bushes or nothin! Higher end stuff is preferred though for sure. If you’re in bear country, I’d just splurge if it was me. Cop an osprey.

I’m gonna be sick. Just got back from fishing. Caught 2 of the biggest trout I’ve ever caught in my life. Each over 20 inches. noticed that BOTH were natives so I released them safely.

Just did some reading and I guess in my county, you can legally keep one native trout per person per day if it’s over 16 inches.

IMG_0260.gif

I’m gonna be sick. Just got back from fishing. Caught 2 of the biggest trout I’ve ever caught in my life. Each over 20 inches. noticed that BOTH were natives so I released them safely.
did you at least take a few pics? can’t go wrong with catch and release!

Back
Top Bottom