The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

03CD7DB6-5257-4576-8C04-145F8924B6AD.jpeg

greatabyss43 greatabyss43 your advice came in handy. Plus my river spot is mostly no longer underwater! Was bouncing a wedding ring and a blue/silver rooster tail downstream and slamming em. Lost 4 or 5 trying to wrestle them over an underwater rock shelf. Another week or 2 and the spot will be pure flames
DCE12FE1-70FD-4FC6-BAA4-0D8159471F20.gif

Last edited:
i finally got out there. live bait was scarce but we took what we had and used em. 2 hours of fishing. i think i caught around 6 or so and released everything except for one. all in all it was a great morning.

IMG_2188.jpeg

You in the Caribbean?? Where they got fish like that at? 😍😍😍😍

It sucks when you get hung up with braid because it won’t break if you’re running straight braid and no leader if it’s a heavy braid.

little different here because braid is not abrasion-resistant as mono/fluro so even if i run 40# braid as mainline, it’ll cut kinda easy on sharp coral with enough pressure. i run braid to a swivel then 20# fluorocarbon leader to the hook. throw on a live bait and gtg. my bag has a few swivels, some hooks, nail clippers, and my leader.

one setup I run a heavy rod and straight braid 50# for fishing cover and bigger lures

The one I mostly use is 20# braid tied to a 10# flouro leader. More like a finesse setup. I can always break that off without losing braid obviously.

When I’m wading rivers though I just bring some plastics and go. I’m not carrying all that.

you’re out here fishing some nice ocean with coral and I’m out here fishing swamps and flooded retention ponds. :lol: :frown:

IMG_0575.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom