The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

The black/white and orange/ grey are straight fire!!!

Does anybody know if weight wise they are heavier than the foamposite ones?

They are probably heavier than the Kobe 8 right?

Thanks

Max

The black/white and orange/ grey are straight fire!!!

Does anybody know if weight wise they are heavier than the foamposite ones?

They are probably heavier than the Kobe 8 right?

Thanks

Max

Heavier than the KB8, but not heavier than Foams.

does the retro have a removable insole? I know the og doesn't so i'm just asking

Last edited:
does the retro have a removable insole? I know the og doesn't so i'm just asking

Yes and from what I've been told the cushioning tech isn't the same as the OG. Maybe those who have the retro in hand can chime in on what the cushioning lay out is like.

Yes and from what I've been told the cushioning tech isn't the same as the OG. Maybe those who have the retro in hand can chime in on what the cushioning lay out is like.

I don't remember if it was full length, but they had zoom air in the heel and forefoot. They also had one of the most low profile zoom air units I can ever recall wearing. Nothing as bouncy as say a Zoom Turf or Jet, but you knew it was there but you could also feel more of the court under you.

Last edited:
I hope they don't feel like the Zoom Rookie. Granted I didn't try them on only basing on what I've read about their lack(luster) cushioning. I'll be happy if they feel like the Flight Ones(have those).

Since he played for the Lakers for a bit, one of those colorways makes sense.

I'll be shocked if they don't do a black and red for the bandwagon Heat fans.

I rather they make a heat color way than a laker one seeing how he "bandwagoned" a chip on our team. LA is done in the nba for the next couple. Go buy some Kobes, sorry.

Those white ones are a disaster.
If they release looking like that, Im not copping. Shame too since that was always my favorite Glove colorway.

The zipper is black instead of white( makes a big difference when wearing unzipped)

Toe rand is leather instead of suede

Toecap is white instead of black

Carbon fiber is replaced with plastic

The shade of "poison green" used on the retros is no where near the same color as the "mean green" used on the OGs. These look like a Easter sherbet green :x

Green pods on sole of OG were transparent while retro is not.

I guess the retro does have the removable insole after all from watching that video.

Black pair looks waaaay closer to OG form than the white pair. I don't understand why they would cut corners on one pair but not the other. I'd cop both if they were equally on point.

Black pair looks waaaay closer to OG form than the white pair. I don't understand why they would cut corners on one pair but not the other. I'd cop both if they were equally on point.

Im thinking the synthetic leather is pretty expensive compared to the mesh. So far I think the white/green are the only syn leather slated for release.

This leads me to believe white/greens might be kind of limited while the more popular black/reds will likely be released in greater numbers.

Back
Top Bottom