The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

Originally Posted by 35KD

MJ + Bird + Magic is a completely different trio than LeBron + Wade + Bosh. While MJ, Bird, and Magic were all considered the top 3-4 players in the league, Bosh is hardly a top 10 player in the league. Wade doesn't even make some people's top 5 list.

So if it was something like LeBron teaming up with Kobe and Wade/Melo/Durant/etc. then it would make sense.

MJ is appreciated on the court, but off the court, not so much.
how is Wade not a top 5 player in the L you talking out your %@% bro

Originally Posted by 35KD

MJ + Bird + Magic is a completely different trio than LeBron + Wade + Bosh. While MJ, Bird, and Magic were all considered the top 3-4 players in the league, Bosh is hardly a top 10 player in the league. Wade doesn't even make some people's top 5 list.

So if it was something like LeBron teaming up with Kobe and Wade/Melo/Durant/etc. then it would make sense.

MJ is appreciated on the court, but off the court, not so much.
how is Wade not a top 5 player in the L you talking out your %@% bro

Here's the point...

regardless of what happens in MIA lebron cant pull this type of move at this point in his career AND CONTINUE the "chosen one", king james", and "witness" campaigns.

i dont know why those defending lebron cant see this.

no one is knocking him for exercising free agent rights, taking less money, or wanting to win.

but after ALL the hype, all the sluping, all the crowning, two mvps, the best record two straight years, and no titles, how does "the one whos greatness we are all witnesses to" jump ship to go play with two other stars??? one of which who has already proven he can lead a tem to a ring?

Lebron may win in MIA, but he can forget reaching Magic, Kobe, Bird status as an individual.

Here's the point...

regardless of what happens in MIA lebron cant pull this type of move at this point in his career AND CONTINUE the "chosen one", king james", and "witness" campaigns.

no one is knocking him for exercising free agent rights, taking less money, or wanting to win.

but after ALL the hype, all the sluping, all the crowning, two mvps, the best record two straight years, and no titles, how does "the one whos greatness we are all witnesses to" jump ship to go play with two other stars??? one of which who has already proven he can lead a tem to a ring?

Lebron may win in MIA, but he can forget reaching Magic, Kobe, Bird status as an individual.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Here's the point...

/thread

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Here's the point...

/thread

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I don't even think he had to stay in Cleveland and be tied to them like the previous greats were to their cities. It's no secret *%**$@ didn't wanna play there and he already had his foot out the door long before he left...only OC and the rest of his buddies didn't see that. That team hit their ceiling without the ability to make drastic changes through free agency, unilke his other suitors. He owed them nothing.

I mentioned it in the other thread and Downtown43 expanded on it...him turning down a team like Chicago w/ the pieces they have set up (also considering Mike Miller would have followed wherever LBJ went) spoke volumes to me about his mentality. Where others would have relished the immense challenges a Chicago or NY had to offer...he chose the one HE felt would take the most pressure off him. 'Nuff said.

Everyone IS different...the #+@+ is we were lead to believe he was from the same mold as these other cats.  Reality is...the intangibles are not there. *shrugs*
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I don't even think he had to stay in Cleveland and be tied to them like the previous greats were to their cities. It's no secret *%**$@ didn't wanna play there and he already had his foot out the door long before he left...only OC and the rest of his buddies didn't see that. That team hit their ceiling without the ability to make drastic changes through free agency, unilke his other suitors. He owed them nothing.

I mentioned it in the other thread and Downtown43 expanded on it...him turning down a team like Chicago w/ the pieces they have set up (also considering Mike Miller would have followed wherever LBJ went) spoke volumes to me about his mentality. Where others would have relished the immense challenges a Chicago or NY had to offer...he chose the one HE felt would take the most pressure off him. 'Nuff said.

Everyone IS different...the #+@+ is we were lead to believe he was from the same mold as these other cats.  Reality is...the intangibles are not there. *shrugs*
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

a little off topic but during the Bulls' championship runs, would u consider Pippen the 2nd best player in the whole L?

I know there was Shaq, Penny, Ewing, etc... but i feel he was the most versatile after MJ.

laugh.gif

I can't do this anymore.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

a little off topic but during the Bulls' championship runs, would u consider Pippen the 2nd best player in the whole L?

I know there was Shaq, Penny, Ewing, etc... but i feel he was the most versatile after MJ.

laugh.gif

I can't do this anymore.

just saw the MJ video.. you guys went right to the quote but he also said it is still to be determine if it was the right choice.

just saw the MJ video.. you guys went right to the quote but he also said it is still to be determine if it was the right choice.

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:

And now I think it's backfired.  If he don't win in year 1, people will be rallying with pitchforks outside the gym laughin at dude.  So in a way, ALL the pressure is on him now.  And I seen how he does under pressure the last couple postseasons. 
pimp.gif

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:

And now I think it's backfired.  If he don't win in year 1, people will be rallying with pitchforks outside the gym laughin at dude.  So in a way, ALL the pressure is on him now.  And I seen how he does under pressure the last couple postseasons. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Really, MJ?

So you didn't happen to call up Bo Jackson and Wayne Gretzky to help fight crime?
i literally lol'd...NBC saturday mornings FTW

but the MJ the GOAT has spoken...

my 2 cents:
and another thing about Lebron, Im more up in arms about his betrayal of what he represented (or what he was suppose to represent) than I am about the betrayal of his team (he was a free agent)....Lebron was suppose to be this generations great player, cut from the same cloth of greatness as the players before him....he betrayed all of that when he jumped ship to not be a leader and become the help for DWade

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Really, MJ?

So you didn't happen to call up Bo Jackson and Wayne Gretzky to help fight crime?
i literally lol'd...NBC saturday mornings FTW

but the MJ the GOAT has spoken...

my 2 cents:
and another thing about Lebron, Im more up in arms about his betrayal of what he represented (or what he was suppose to represent) than I am about the betrayal of his team (he was a free agent)....Lebron was suppose to be this generations great player, cut from the same cloth of greatness as the players before him....he betrayed all of that when he jumped ship to not be a leader and become the help for DWade

Did anybody ever stop and think that Lebron doesn't WANT to be the greatest? Seriously, to some guys that really isn't as important as winning. Maybe his deal is...who cares about the greatest, I want 1, 2, 4, 5, or 7 rings, make a lot of money, and provide for my family. What would be wrong with that exactly?

Here is the issue peeps...too many fans/media want these guys (athletes) to be what they envision them to be just so when they don't turn out to be we can tear them down. These guys may have a very different idea about where they want to go. The weak ones believe the hype, try to be something they are not and crash and burn. The strong ones stay true and let the chips fall where they may.

Did anybody ever stop and think that Lebron doesn't WANT to be the greatest? Seriously, to some guys that really isn't as important as winning. Maybe his deal is...who cares about the greatest, I want 1, 2, 4, 5, or 7 rings, make a lot of money, and provide for my family. What would be wrong with that exactly?

Here is the issue peeps...too many fans/media want these guys (athletes) to be what they envision them to be just so when they don't turn out to be we can tear them down. These guys may have a very different idea about where they want to go. The weak ones believe the hype, try to be something they are not and crash and burn. The strong ones stay true and let the chips fall where they may.

Originally Posted by CP1708

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:

pimp.gif

That's what I've been saying....due to Bosh/Wade already being in Miami, there is more pressure on Lebron & Co. to win a title EVERY year that this team is together.  This dude has been vilified to the point where most people want to see him fail.  There would have been pressure for Bron to win titles in Chi, NY, and Cleveland...but he would have had a little more leeway than what he currently has in Miami. 

Back
Top Bottom