The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

MJ + Bird + Magic is a completely different trio than LeBron + Wade + Bosh. While MJ, Bird, and Magic were all considered the top 3-4 players in the league, Bosh is hardly a top 10 player in the league. Wade doesn't even make some people's top 5 list.

So if it was something like LeBron teaming up with Kobe and Wade/Melo/Durant/etc. then it would make sense.

MJ is appreciated on the court, but off the court, not so much.

I know this is late, but MJ got Lebron good.  Lebron can't even be talked with the greats anymore 
tired.gif

I know this is late, but MJ got Lebron good.  Lebron can't even be talked with the greats anymore 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 35KD

MJ + Bird + Magic is a completely different trio than LeBron + Wade + Bosh. While MJ, Bird, and Magic were all considered the top 3-4 players in the league, Bosh is hardly a top 10 player in the league. Wade doesn't even make some people's top 5 list.

So if it was something like LeBron teaming up with Kobe and Wade/Melo/Durant/etc. then it would make sense.

Wait what?

Who in they right mind doesn't have Wade as top 5?

Hell you can make a halfway decent argument he's the best player in the NBA.

Originally Posted by 35KD

Wait what?

Who in they right mind doesn't have Wade as top 5?

Hell you can make a halfway decent argument he's the best player in the NBA.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'm sure Lebron will be tossing and turning all night now that Jordan doesn't approve.

And by tossing and turning, I mean partying with models in South Beach while playing basketball with his close friends and crushing the league.

My Ninja
pimp.gif

I noticed most NYK fans are off this BS. It's mostly Laker fans. Not all laker fans just the insecure ones
i see you pulling a cavs fan steez from last year tryna group laker fans as the majority of people talking crap about lebron. i aint gonna let you do that *++%. you got bulls fans, lakers fans, knicks, cavs fans, etc all on this subject. dont just make this about laker fans son. everybody except for heat fans and laker/kobe haters the only ones that aint saying that was a terrible move... 

i bet you dont think it was a #+$%% move because he on ur team. had he went somewhere else you would agree with us....plain and simple.

I'm not gonna waste my time with this fool. I should put him on ignore like 99.9% of NT shouldn't I?
laugh.gif
not wasting time? please.... you pressed that quote button, changed the font, then cried about ignoring me. and why? cuz you have no rebuttal but to try and make a diss. only emotional females use the ignore button so go ahead. do it. maybe you should leave niketalk if your too sensitive, wouldnt want another emotional breakdown from you again like last time kid.
roll.gif
 that was pathetic...

I been on this board for over 10 years and by god you are the softest dude ive ever seen on niketalk. 

you trying to make this a laker fan vs lebron thing... i called you out on that and you get all emotional. i then called you out on you feeling the same way as mj and the majority of sports fans had lebron not sign with you guys and what happens??

exactly...

Who did he develop w/ on the Cavs?

JJ Hickson was developing nice with Lebron and it was his first year with him. A shame we will never know how good he could have turned out. Also Andersen V was developing nicely with Lebron too. Dude use to be crap on offense.

Lebron is a type of player that makes his teammates better. He wasnt like Kobe or Jordan where it took time for them to understand how to make their teammates better, lebron had it from the start. Which is why its so sad to see him go out like that...

I don't get how this is that hard.

You can't enter the discussion for best ever if you only can win a championship by teaming up with another player that has already proven he can be the best player on a championship team.

You dudes bringing up Pippen, McKale, and the like can't be serious.

None of those dudes EVER proved they could be the best player on a championship team

Magic played with Kareem who is an all time great but dude was past his prime.

You can't be taken serious as the best ever when join up with a dude who is still in his prime and has proven he can lead a team to a championship. Not when you haven't proven it yourself.

Yall wanna bring up Kobe and if Kobe had never won these last two yall would have a point.(Good god it sickens me to admit that)

That's why Lebron's legacy is done until D. Wade gets old or D.Wade gets hurt Lebron is basically the Worthy, or McKail type.

And like I said that's sad because dude could have been the best ever.

WOW... Hit it right on the head. and coming from you too
laugh.gif
 good %+*+

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'm sure Lebron will be tossing and turning all night now that Jordan doesn't approve.

And by tossing and turning, I mean partying with models in South Beach while playing basketball with his close friends and crushing the league.

My Ninja
pimp.gif

I noticed most NYK fans are off this BS. It's mostly Laker fans. Not all laker fans just the insecure ones
i see you pulling a cavs fan steez from last year tryna group laker fans as the majority of people talking crap about lebron. i aint gonna let you do that *++%. you got bulls fans, lakers fans, knicks, cavs fans, etc all on this subject. dont just make this about laker fans son. everybody except for heat fans and laker/kobe haters the only ones that aint saying that was a terrible move... 

i bet you dont think it was a #+$%% move because he on ur team. had he went somewhere else you would agree with us....plain and simple.

I'm not gonna waste my time with this fool. I should put him on ignore like 99.9% of NT shouldn't I?
laugh.gif
not wasting time? please.... you pressed that quote button, changed the font, then cried about ignoring me. and why? cuz you have no rebuttal but to try and make a diss. only emotional females use the ignore button so go ahead. do it. maybe you should leave niketalk if your too sensitive, wouldnt want another emotional breakdown from you again like last time kid.
roll.gif
 that was pathetic...

I been on this board for over 10 years and by god you are the softest dude ive ever seen on niketalk. 

you trying to make this a laker fan vs lebron thing... i called you out on that and you get all emotional. i then called you out on you feeling the same way as mj and the majority of sports fans had lebron not sign with you guys and what happens??

exactly...

Who did he develop w/ on the Cavs?

JJ Hickson was developing nice with Lebron and it was his first year with him. A shame we will never know how good he could have turned out. Also Andersen V was developing nicely with Lebron too. Dude use to be crap on offense.

Lebron is a type of player that makes his teammates better. He wasnt like Kobe or Jordan where it took time for them to understand how to make their teammates better, lebron had it from the start. Which is why its so sad to see him go out like that...

I don't get how this is that hard.

You can't enter the discussion for best ever if you only can win a championship by teaming up with another player that has already proven he can be the best player on a championship team.

You dudes bringing up Pippen, McKale, and the like can't be serious.

None of those dudes EVER proved they could be the best player on a championship team

Magic played with Kareem who is an all time great but dude was past his prime.

You can't be taken serious as the best ever when join up with a dude who is still in his prime and has proven he can lead a team to a championship. Not when you haven't proven it yourself.

Yall wanna bring up Kobe and if Kobe had never won these last two yall would have a point.(Good god it sickens me to admit that)

That's why Lebron's legacy is done until D. Wade gets old or D.Wade gets hurt Lebron is basically the Worthy, or McKail type.

And like I said that's sad because dude could have been the best ever.

WOW... Hit it right on the head. and coming from you too
laugh.gif
 good %+*+

a little off topic but during the Bulls' championship runs, would u consider Pippen the 2nd best player in the whole L?

I know there was Shaq, Penny, Ewing, etc... but i feel he was the most versatile after MJ.

Or would you say his success was all credited to MJ?

a little off topic but during the Bulls' championship runs, would u consider Pippen the 2nd best player in the whole L?

I know there was Shaq, Penny, Ewing, etc... but i feel he was the most versatile after MJ.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

I think he wants to win NOW... and if later down the line he is able to win on his own, then so be it.

But if Kobe is still credited for those early championships with Shaq, then i dont see why Bron wouldnt get credited either (if the heat live up to the hype).

I see it as win now, seal legacy later. Sorta how Kobe did it.

MJs still right... when a team is "your team" you just dont leave that situation, you build on it. But to be honest, i didnt see him ever winning a chip in Cleveland. It seemed as if he carried the team by himself every year.

Real comparable situations aren't they?

See this is whats funny. Anyone remember when people would say Kobe couldnt win *#+! without shaq? That was shaqs team? Those 3 titles didnt mean *#+!. ANYONE could have replaced Kobe and the lakers would have won. remember that??? hell that one dude saying lebron would have won 6 imaginary titles with shaq???

EVERYONE except lakers fans discredited Kobe...

Now dudes have the balls to defend lebron going to a two superstar team??? like "naw man i totally didnt just talk grimey about kobe's first 3 titles yet ima call a title that these 3 franchise players might win a legit title for lebron???

the ++$% outta here

too funny
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I think he wants to win NOW... and if later down the line he is able to win on his own, then so be it.

But if Kobe is still credited for those early championships with Shaq, then i dont see why Bron wouldnt get credited either (if the heat live up to the hype).

I see it as win now, seal legacy later. Sorta how Kobe did it.

MJs still right... when a team is "your team" you just dont leave that situation, you build on it. But to be honest, i didnt see him ever winning a chip in Cleveland. It seemed as if he carried the team by himself every year.

Real comparable situations aren't they?

See this is whats funny. Anyone remember when people would say Kobe couldnt win *#+! without shaq? That was shaqs team? Those 3 titles didnt mean *#+!. ANYONE could have replaced Kobe and the lakers would have won. remember that??? hell that one dude saying lebron would have won 6 imaginary titles with shaq???

EVERYONE except lakers fans discredited Kobe...

Now dudes have the balls to defend lebron going to a two superstar team??? like "naw man i totally didnt just talk grimey about kobe's first 3 titles yet ima call a title that these 3 franchise players might win a legit title for lebron???

the ++$% outta here

too funny
laugh.gif

No way was pippen the 2nd best player in the league during either championship run. The first run pips offense was average in particular his jumper was garbage.

the second run his j improved alot and he could shoot the 3 way better. With pippen it seemed like he improved each year as an all around player both on offense and defense.

Pippen was a good player but i believe being around MJ and adopting that Jordan mentality made him GREAT. his defense was beast

if you look at that team the first 3 peat, all the players on that team were not known at all. bunch of average players, two young promising forwards and jordan. 

Their team defense was a huge reason why they won 6 titles.

why do you think the cavs were so successful? team defense to go with a great player.

people laugh at who was on lebrons teams but hell those same people had they been born back in the early 90's would have probably laughed at guys like john paxson, bill cartwright, horace grant, will perdue, bj armstrong, cliff levingston, and scott williams

No way was pippen the 2nd best player in the league during either championship run. The first run pips offense was average in particular his jumper was garbage.

the second run his j improved alot and he could shoot the 3 way better. With pippen it seemed like he improved each year as an all around player both on offense and defense.

Pippen was a good player but i believe being around MJ and adopting that Jordan mentality made him GREAT. his defense was beast

if you look at that team the first 3 peat, all the players on that team were not known at all. bunch of average players, two young promising forwards and jordan. 

Their team defense was a huge reason why they won 6 titles.

why do you think the cavs were so successful? team defense to go with a great player.

people laugh at who was on lebrons teams but hell those same people had they been born back in the early 90's would have probably laughed at guys like john paxson, bill cartwright, horace grant, will perdue, bj armstrong, cliff levingston, and scott williams

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

This is the bottom line: Bron ain't tryin to leave the league without a ring. PERIOD! He doesn't care about people on message boards arguing about his Legacy and how its 'tarnished'. He doesn't care about bloggers calling him Pippen and Robin. He doesn't care about MJ eluding to his lack of competiveness. All he wants is to get a ring. All of the aforementioned people's respect for him remaining a cavalier means jack squat if at the end of his career he has no 'chip. Son is doing him and the rest of the world is backseat driving his vehicle.

Do I like the decision? No. But at the end of the day he is a grown man so he makes his own decisions. Period.
If he wants it that bad, he should just buy one off of ebay then.  I'm saying if you want a ring without really beating the best, he might as well buy one on ebay or have a replica made. 

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

This is the bottom line: Bron ain't tryin to leave the league without a ring. PERIOD! He doesn't care about people on message boards arguing about his Legacy and how its 'tarnished'. He doesn't care about bloggers calling him Pippen and Robin. He doesn't care about MJ eluding to his lack of competiveness. All he wants is to get a ring. All of the aforementioned people's respect for him remaining a cavalier means jack squat if at the end of his career he has no 'chip. Son is doing him and the rest of the world is backseat driving his vehicle.

Do I like the decision? No. But at the end of the day he is a grown man so he makes his own decisions. Period.
If he wants it that bad, he should just buy one off of ebay then.  I'm saying if you want a ring without really beating the best, he might as well buy one on ebay or have a replica made. 

No, Grant Hill was arguably as good as Pippen.  Shaq, Hakeem, David Robinson, Hill, Penny, Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice, Alonzo Mourning. 

Just to name a few of the great players from that era.

No, Grant Hill was arguably as good as Pippen.  Shaq, Hakeem, David Robinson, Hill, Penny, Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice, Alonzo Mourning. 

Just to name a few of the great players from that era.

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Why didnt garnett allen and pierce get this much flak when they joined teams??????????????
What about Peyton...malone...joining shaq and kobe?????

why soo much damn hate???

If this was kobe wade and bosh on the lakers....this would be the greatest thing ever.
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is exactly why I don't argue with Lebron/Heat fans. Very few can create a decent argument.
Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Peyton, Malone = All past their prime. Not even a close comparison to the situation in Miami

Lebron lead the Cavs (which apparently to some of y'all were a D-League team
laugh.gif
) to the best record in the league for two years straight. I can safely assumme that a person of Lebron's caliber only needed ONE other star to help him out. He had that in Chicago and in New York yet he chose to team up with two other stars in Miami.
smh.gif

*****-made indeed.

OHHH....but they were the "Big 3" right?? They still won........What difference does it make if they are past their prime???

so if this was 5 years from now it would be ok??
And cleveland couldnt get ONE more star to come play there...........so now what?? he left for THIS reason.   who  did cleveland try to sign??
And im not a heat fan......saint louis doesnt even have a bball team but if i had to choose....ive been a magic fan since Tree Rollins and his bad knees...so,yea

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Why didnt garnett allen and pierce get this much flak when they joined teams??????????????
What about Peyton...malone...joining shaq and kobe?????

why soo much damn hate???

If this was kobe wade and bosh on the lakers....this would be the greatest thing ever.
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is exactly why I don't argue with Lebron/Heat fans. Very few can create a decent argument.
Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Peyton, Malone = All past their prime. Not even a close comparison to the situation in Miami

Lebron lead the Cavs (which apparently to some of y'all were a D-League team
laugh.gif
) to the best record in the league for two years straight. I can safely assumme that a person of Lebron's caliber only needed ONE other star to help him out. He had that in Chicago and in New York yet he chose to team up with two other stars in Miami.
smh.gif

*****-made indeed.

OHHH....but they were the "Big 3" right?? They still won........What difference does it make if they are past their prime???

so if this was 5 years from now it would be ok??
And cleveland couldnt get ONE more star to come play there...........so now what?? he left for THIS reason.   who  did cleveland try to sign??
And im not a heat fan......saint louis doesnt even have a bball team but if i had to choose....ive been a magic fan since Tree Rollins and his bad knees...so,yea

This reminds me of when I was playing on my HS bball and track team. The coaches, the fans and what have you told told me run the opposing teams heels if given the chance or elbow someone for a rebound. I was basically being told to hate the other team for no reason, when in reality there was no rivalry between us.

IMO this is what is happening to LBJ, and everyone else in sports. There are absolutely no rivalries in sports. Players don't hate other players. Only the fans want blood. The fans are trying to re-ignite those fights in 80's and 90's, but those rivalries have been long gone since then. Those were the days, these are the times.

LeBron has never played DWade or Bosh in the playoffs, like MJ did with Bird. So, I don't think he has a reason for not joining with them. Plus they were all drafted together.

Just my .02

This reminds me of when I was playing on my HS bball and track team. The coaches, the fans and what have you told told me run the opposing teams heels if given the chance or elbow someone for a rebound. I was basically being told to hate the other team for no reason, when in reality there was no rivalry between us.

IMO this is what is happening to LBJ, and everyone else in sports. There are absolutely no rivalries in sports. Players don't hate other players. Only the fans want blood. The fans are trying to re-ignite those fights in 80's and 90's, but those rivalries have been long gone since then. Those were the days, these are the times.

LeBron has never played DWade or Bosh in the playoffs, like MJ did with Bird. So, I don't think he has a reason for not joining with them. Plus they were all drafted together.

Just my .02

Back
Top Bottom