The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Why didnt garnett allen and pierce get this much flak when they joined teams??????????????
What about Peyton...malone...joining shaq and kobe?????

why soo much damn hate???

If this was kobe wade and bosh on the lakers....this would be the greatest thing ever.
Que the facepalm gif

Why didnt garnett allen and pierce get this much flak when they joined teams??????????????

If this was kobe wade and bosh on the lakers....this would be the greatest thing ever.
Que the facepalm gif

Their Age.

plus payton, malone, pierce, garnett, and jesus never had a legit shot at being the greatest of their generation. unlike lebron who was marketed that way and actually had a chance

Their Age.

plus payton, malone, pierce, garnett, and jesus never had a legit shot at being the greatest of their generation. unlike lebron who was marketed that way and actually had a chance

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

laugh.gif
MJ about to have the Lebron fanclub working overtime
And Kobe stans and Lebron haters creaming in their panties
laugh.gif

Either Knicks fans angry they waited 4 years for him or Cleveland fans mad  they lost him.
Athletes should never  put their interests ahead of the fans

Either Knicks fans angry they waited 4 years for him or Cleveland fans mad  they lost him.
Athletes should never  put their interests ahead of the fans

i think a lot of you guys are missing the point and the big picture... ill get back to that comment but i just want to say first i do agree that great players also need great players to play with in order to win a championship... but with that being said and following up on my first comment i think a lot of people are hating on lebron is because he jumped ship in order to win a ring vs being on a team and building it up to be a championship contender... and im not just saying he should have stayed in cleveland but he could have went anywhere in free agency to continue his legacy... and i think the other knock on lebron is not even playing with great players but the fact that hes suppose to be the best in the league and maybe best ever so they say but yet he can't even lead his own team to a championship....instead of playing with great players where hes batman hes doing the exact opposite and being robin when hes supposed to be the king...

i think a lot of you guys are missing the point and the big picture... ill get back to that comment but i just want to say first i do agree that great players also need great players to play with in order to win a championship... but with that being said and following up on my first comment i think a lot of people are hating on lebron is because he jumped ship in order to win a ring vs being on a team and building it up to be a championship contender... and im not just saying he should have stayed in cleveland but he could have went anywhere in free agency to continue his legacy... and i think the other knock on lebron is not even playing with great players but the fact that hes suppose to be the best in the league and maybe best ever so they say but yet he can't even lead his own team to a championship....instead of playing with great players where hes batman hes doing the exact opposite and being robin when hes supposed to be the king...

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

I think he wants to win NOW... and if later down the line he is able to win on his own, then so be it.

But if Kobe is still credited for those early championships with Shaq, then i dont see why Bron wouldnt get credited either (if the heat live up to the hype).

I see it as win now, seal legacy later. Sorta how Kobe did it.

MJs still right... when a team is "your team" you just dont leave that situation, you build on it. But to be honest, i didnt see him ever winning a chip in Cleveland. It seemed as if he carried the team by himself every year.
What are you talking about? **%@ makes NO sense at all.
what do you not understand? Do you need footnotes?

-LEBRON WANTS TO WIN NOW... NO MATTER THE COST

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

I think he wants to win NOW... and if later down the line he is able to win on his own, then so be it.

But if Kobe is still credited for those early championships with Shaq, then i dont see why Bron wouldnt get credited either (if the heat live up to the hype).

MJs still right... when a team is "your team" you just dont leave that situation, you build on it. But to be honest, i didnt see him ever winning a chip in Cleveland. It seemed as if he carried the team by himself every year.
What are you talking about? **%@ makes NO sense at all.
what do you not understand? Do you need footnotes?

-LEBRON WANTS TO WIN NOW... NO MATTER THE COST

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I think you're reading too much into it.

He's simply saying he wouldn't have teamed up with two other elite talents because they're his friends. He didn't even touch on the leaving the city portion of it but I'm sure that had to contribute into his thinking as well.

As for Scottie Pippen...he was drafted into that situation. He was specifically acquired to be the man's assistant pimp. It's not like MJ was in a sucky situation and said something like..."Ahh...I got Scottie Pippen...I'm set now". Scottie Pippen had to develop into the player he became. Much like the Thunder's intentions in drafting Jeff Green. You dudes are just thinking about the player Scottie became. Teaming up with another arguable top 3 guy in his prime is a different story.
Yeah, but around the time the Bulls started winning big, MJ and Scottie were both All-Stars though. They were elite players @ their positions. He wouldn't think to leave that to go play w/ Magic or Bird. Those two were already going to the playoff's/Conference Finals and they were still fairly early in their careers w/ nowhere to go but up.

I don't think I'm reading into it too much at all. I'm taking everything @ face value.
laugh.gif
@ those two comparing Bird and Majic to Pippen
laugh.gif
@ Comparing Chris Bosh and D.Wade to Magic and Bird

the cavs had the best record in basketball 2 years in a row... they were in the conf finals last year, and in the finals 3 years ago... with a worse squad... not like you can say... oh Cleveland got worse in the last 3 years... if anything they improved vastly... too bad the rest of the nba improved too.... not to mention mo-williams was an all-star last year, jamison been an all-star, and so has shaq and Z... so ...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I think you're reading too much into it.

He's simply saying he wouldn't have teamed up with two other elite talents because they're his friends. He didn't even touch on the leaving the city portion of it but I'm sure that had to contribute into his thinking as well.

As for Scottie Pippen...he was drafted into that situation. He was specifically acquired to be the man's assistant pimp. It's not like MJ was in a sucky situation and said something like..."Ahh...I got Scottie Pippen...I'm set now". Scottie Pippen had to develop into the player he became. Much like the Thunder's intentions in drafting Jeff Green. You dudes are just thinking about the player Scottie became. Teaming up with another arguable top 3 guy in his prime is a different story.
Yeah, but around the time the Bulls started winning big, MJ and Scottie were both All-Stars though. They were elite players @ their positions. He wouldn't think to leave that to go play w/ Magic or Bird. Those two were already going to the playoff's/Conference Finals and they were still fairly early in their careers w/ nowhere to go but up.

I don't think I'm reading into it too much at all. I'm taking everything @ face value.
laugh.gif
@ those two comparing Bird and Majic to Pippen
laugh.gif
@ Comparing Chris Bosh and D.Wade to Magic and Bird

the cavs had the best record in basketball 2 years in a row... they were in the conf finals last year, and in the finals 3 years ago... with a worse squad... not like you can say... oh Cleveland got worse in the last 3 years... if anything they improved vastly... too bad the rest of the nba improved too.... not to mention mo-williams was an all-star last year, jamison been an all-star, and so has shaq and Z... so ...
eyes.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

This is exactly why I don't argue with Lebron/Heat fans. Very few can create a decent argument.
Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Peyton, Malone = All past their prime. Not even a close comparison to the situation in Miami

Lebron lead the Cavs (which apparently to some of y'all were a D-League team
laugh.gif
) to the best record in the league for two years straight. I can safely assumme that a person of Lebron's caliber only needed ONE other star to help him out. He had that in Chicago and in New York yet he chose to team up with two other stars in Miami.
smh.gif

*****-made indeed.

roll.gif
roll.gif

This is exactly why I don't argue with Lebron/Heat fans. Very few can create a decent argument.
Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Peyton, Malone = All past their prime. Not even a close comparison to the situation in Miami

Lebron lead the Cavs (which apparently to some of y'all were a D-League team
laugh.gif
) to the best record in the league for two years straight. I can safely assumme that a person of Lebron's caliber only needed ONE other star to help him out. He had that in Chicago and in New York yet he chose to team up with two other stars in Miami.
smh.gif

*****-made indeed.

I don't even think he had to stay in Cleveland and be tied to them like the previous greats were to their cities. It's no secret *%**$@ didn't wanna play there and he already had his foot out the door long before he left...only OC and the rest of his buddies didn't see that. That team hit their ceiling without the ability to make drastic changes through free agency, unilke his other suitors. He owed them nothing.

I mentioned it in the other thread and Downtown43 expanded on it...him turning down a team like Chicago w/ the pieces they have set up (also considering Mike Miller would have followed wherever LBJ went) spoke volumes to me about his mentality. Where others would have relished the immense challenges a Chicago or NY had to offer...he chose the one HE felt would take the most pressure off him. 'Nuff said.

Everyone IS different...the #+@+ is we were lead to believe he was from the same mold as these other cats.  Reality is...the intangibles are not there. *shrugs*

I don't even think he had to stay in Cleveland and be tied to them like the previous greats were to their cities. It's no secret *%**$@ didn't wanna play there and he already had his foot out the door long before he left...only OC and the rest of his buddies didn't see that. That team hit their ceiling without the ability to make drastic changes through free agency, unilke his other suitors. He owed them nothing.

I mentioned it in the other thread and Downtown43 expanded on it...him turning down a team like Chicago w/ the pieces they have set up (also considering Mike Miller would have followed wherever LBJ went) spoke volumes to me about his mentality. Where others would have relished the immense challenges a Chicago or NY had to offer...he chose the one HE felt would take the most pressure off him. 'Nuff said.

Everyone IS different...the #+@+ is we were lead to believe he was from the same mold as these other cats.  Reality is...the intangibles are not there. *shrugs*

Real comparable situations aren't they?

Real comparable situations aren't they?

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Good post.

Even though I think He should have stayed but on the other hand, why want a person who doesn't want you? Cut them loose and get you someone who wants you for who you are.

Lebron decided He wanted to create a monster trio and give up the crown of being King. Fine by me. I still think He is a idiot for doing so.

This whole process makes you appreciate Jordan and others that much more as players. And iLL you hit the nail on the head about Brons mentality.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Good post.

Even though I think He should have stayed but on the other hand, why want a person who doesn't want you? Cut them loose and get you someone who wants you for who you are.

Lebron decided He wanted to create a monster trio and give up the crown of being King. Fine by me. I still think He is a idiot for doing so.

This whole process makes you appreciate Jordan and others that much more as players. And iLL you hit the nail on the head about Brons mentality.
pimp.gif

MJ + Bird + Magic is a completely different trio than LeBron + Wade + Bosh. While MJ, Bird, and Magic were all considered the top 3-4 players in the league, Bosh is hardly a top 10 player in the league. Wade doesn't even make some people's top 5 list.

So if it was something like LeBron teaming up with Kobe and Wade/Melo/Durant/etc. then it would make sense.

MJ is appreciated on the court, but off the court, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom