The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading that Freeman piece :rofl:

The NFL will send teams an explanatory video to clarify this season's spate of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, according to senior vice president of officiating Dean Blandino.

But he reiterated that the emphasis on such calls has come at the direction of the league's competition committee and won't be relaxed as the season continues.

Taunting calls have risen 220 percent compared to the first four weeks of last season, while other unsportsmanlike penalties -- primarily for celebrations -- are up 56 percent, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Many players have said they weren't aware that their penalized acts were illegal, and Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin -- a member of the competition committee -- said Tuesday he thought the league should provide clarification.

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown has been penalized twice this season for "twerking" during post-touchdown celebrations.

The video about clarification should be circulated within the next week, Blandino said during an appearance on NFL Network.

"We certainly want the teams to have clarification," Blandino said, "and this isn't a new issue. We've been dealing with this in the past. And so we're going to send a tape out in the next week or so and clarify some of these things. But the key is if it's a gesture that either mimics a violent act -- that's something with a firearm or a bow and arrow -- or a sexually suggestive act, those are unsportsmanlike conduct. That's ... something that officials will flag. That's direct from the competition committee and something that we're going to try to be as consistent as possible."

Washington ******** cornerback Josh Norman was penalized last Sunday for pretending to shoot a bow and arrow during a celebration after receiving a warning for a similar act two weeks earlier. Referee Jeff Triplette's announcement of the penalty has been mocked on social media, and Blandino said: "We certainly don't want our officials getting too specific with the announcement."
Dean Blandino needs to go eat some *** and shut the hell up.

I'd LOVE nothing more to see this "explanatory video" leak out. Curious to see what these hypocrites manage to cook up for their BS.

As it stands now, we're currently on track to witnessing the most heavily disciplined season in league history.

LINK

It would be disingenuous for me to drop a ":pimp: " to this and just leave it at that. Honestly man, I find it pathetic that these weak *** anonymous coordinators or whatever are really subscribing to this train of thought. It's one thing when I see y'all joke around in here predicting an upcoming '07 like F You run. We're all just fans shooting the **** though. It sort of bugs me there are actual competitors outchea that go around thinking and saying these things. Scared money don't make no money. :smh: Word to the old Giants teams, Ravens, and current Broncos.

And to keep it all the way 100,  I think people are going overboard thinking these dudes are gonna kill everyone. run up some scores, and all that stuff. There might be a little more sizzle here and there, but I think these days it's all about managing the players' health and gearing up for the long run. THAT'S what they should be doing anyway.

You know how the other night Steelers were just taking a royal dump all over the Chiefs and the game was over by halftime but Ben stayed in the game and was still airing it out and looking for TD's? That's what I expect Brady to want to do every single week for the rest of this year.

LINK

It would be disingenuous for me to drop a ":pimp: " to this and just leave it at that. Honestly man, I find it pathetic that these weak *** anonymous coordinators or whatever are really subscribing to this train of thought. It's one thing when I see y'all joke around in here predicting an upcoming '07 like F You run. We're all just fans shooting the **** though. It sort of bugs me there are actual competitors outchea that go around thinking and saying these things. Scared money don't make no money. :smh: Word to the old Giants teams, Ravens, and current Broncos.

And to keep it all the way 100,  I think people are going overboard thinking these dudes are gonna kill everyone. run up some scores, and all that stuff. There might be a little more sizzle here and there, but I think these days it's all about managing the players' health and gearing up for the long run. THAT'S what they should be doing anyway.

It gets quite tiresome, season after season, to have these fans, analysts and coaches look at the adversity the Pats have been thru and then automatically assume that's going to lead to them leaving the league in ruin en route to a Super Bowl because they're so "pissed off."

Every season. It's extremely corny at this point.

Even though I think Goodell dragged that deflategate thing on too long it's always funny to me when act like the Pats are on revenge like they're innocent and people are lying about them. :lol: Stop f'n cheating and people won't talk about nothing.

There hasn't been an actual "angry Brady" season since '07 though :lol:

Someone give the back story on why mans cant talk no more? :lol:

NickFolarin dropped the ether

View media item 2129499

:rofl:

LINK

It gets quite tiresome, season after season, to have these fans, analysts and coaches look at the adversity the Pats have been thru and then automatically assume that's going to lead to them leaving the league in ruin en route to a Super Bowl because they're so "pissed off."

Every season. It's extremely corny at this point.

I mean it goes the other way too,the consensus was that the Brady era was done after KC in '14 :lol:.

Last edited:
Brady found out that there is a world outside of football... He discovered the red zone channel, he went nude sunbathing in Europe... I expect him to be nowhere as good as he has been in the past.

Nobody ever really thinks the Pats are finished except for salty fans who get excited at the slightest setback. So y'all really have to stop this victim mentality and acting like everybody is wishing for your downfall. You're still beloved in the media.

I'm not even talking about the Pats themselves. But it's annoying for people to act like they're the only team that has a chance every season. Now we have coaches basically throwing in the towel after four weeks. That's honestly some pathetic **** :lol:

The media's been off the payroll for a few seasons now man :lol:

I haven't seen anyone discounting other teams chances like Denver,Seattle or even Minny at all though

Its just an easy,safe pick to say that arguably the most consistent team over the last decade and a half will still be good,I don't see the bias behind that :lol:

Last edited:

after 3 years of watching dude make some nice throws this might be his sickest one yet.
That's pretty nuts lol.  It was a good throw before I saw the no-look

LINK

It would be disingenuous for me to drop a "
pimp.gif
" to this and just leave it at that. Honestly man, I find it pathetic that these weak *** anonymous coordinators or whatever are really subscribing to this train of thought. It's one thing when I see y'all joke around in here predicting an upcoming '07 like F You run. We're all just fans shooting the **** though. It sort of bugs me there are actual competitors outchea that go around thinking and saying these things. Scared money don't make no money. 
mean.gif
Word to the old Giants teams, Ravens, and current Broncos.

For real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom