The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I still dont understand is on draft day these players are so cool to rg like **** dude walk right past his ***

would love to see this. don't think we will. not until college players realize how bad it is. they're coming in fresh with $$$ in their eyes.

what I still dont understand is on draft day these players are so cool to rg like **** dude walk right past his ***
different circumstances.. dudes are going from playing for free (and a fair amount from growing up in not the best situations) to making a shhh load of money

think of all the kids who are so ecstatic on graduation day.. they're not thinking about student loans or the other crap they got ahead of them 

where's all the people who just a few months ago were posting:

where y'all at? your beloved commissioner needs your support right now :nerd:

Objectively speaking, as a business man he has been a great commissioner for the sport and for the brand.
As a human being though, dude has had his blinders on to any important topics of injustice, abuse, violence, etc.
Complete clown status when it comes to common sense and dealing with the human aspects of the sport, both on and off the field.

sure, but he wasn't getting the praise for being a business man :lol:

oh damn...hopefully back up out here soon. i was actually having issues getting on here too when i first woke up

Last edited:
yeah my friend who works in IT told me about it

Twitter and Paypal got hit pretty hard apparently

Last edited:
I want Miko Grimes as commish. The only downside I see is Brent Grimes will get away all the PI's  

Hold up...y'all thought it was done?

NOPE.

Pull up, *****.

NFL's Reaction To Josh Brown Leaves Us With Sickening Feeling We've Had Before
There was a general sense of dismay and a feeling that a few players are hurting the image of the NFL. Further, many feel the incompetence of the league office in handling these issues is doing even worse damage. 
SHAME.
More than one African-American player said they believed that Brown got a break—he got a one-game suspension from the league—because he is white. Another player said commissioner Roger Goodell needs to be suspended. Another said he needs to be fired. More than a dozen players texted from all corners of the NFL. 
SHAME.
The players weren't alone in their gloom. "When will we ever get this right?" texted one AFC general manager to me on Friday morning.

The whole thing was like stepping into a time machine. "Brown case feels like 2014 again," tweeted former Packers team executive Andrew Brandt. "DV matter w/ some info, light suspension. More evidence, team/league reactions. Thought we were past that."
SHAME.
The harshest criticism I heard was directed at New York Giants and owner John Mara. I've known Mara for decades. I've always considered him one of the nicest, most decent human beings I've ever known. But how he handled this did not cover him in glory.

The Giants re-signed Brown to a contract extension despite knowing about his past history of abuse, particularly an incident that happened at this past Pro Bowl, where a drunken Brown verbally and physically attacked Molly. So the Giants knew he was an abuser. The league knew that NFL security officials intervened to protect Molly. And the Giants still  signed him.

Mara said in a stunning and still staggering interview on New York radio station WFAN that Brown "admitted to us that he's abused his wife in the past. And I think what's a little unclear is the extent of that."
SHAME.
One owner told B/R he believes that Mara needs to apologize and he believes Mara will. Some players speculated that the NFL's decision wasn't about race, but about favoritism. They believe Goodell gave a Giants player a break because Goodell is close with Mara. They say Ray Rice initially got the same break because Goodell is close to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.

This was a point made by Brandt  as well. "Problem for league is ominous perception of doing a solid for Bisciotti (Rice) and Mara (Brown)," he tweeted. "Not a good look."
SHAME.
With their actions, the Giants have thrown away a sterling reputation built upon the notion that they do things the right way and with class. It's like a formerly honorable starship captain gone rogue. 
Oh, it's that word again. "class". SHAME.
It seems as if the NFL wanted the appearance  of desiring more information. How they handled a records request with the King County (Washington) Sheriff's Office will be put into sharp contrast by some (particularly Patriots fans) when it comes to other league investigations like Deflategate, where the league hired an outside investigator, spent millions of dollars and did everything possible to get an answer. 
Maybe the NFL did try like hell to get more info. But it goes back to appearances. A dude sending an email from a Comcast account that will likely end up in a spam folder isn't the greatest look. At best, it seems incompetent. At worst, it looks like the league was purposely making the least effort possible to get information so it wouldn't have to suspend Brown.

For a league whose lawyers have lawyers, this all could have been handled in the right way. Why didn't one of the $800 an hour legal dudes fire off a letter from the jump? Why not put one of them on a plane (first class) and go schmooze with the sheriff on background? He seems like a nice enough fella.

But the NFL didn't—again.

It's all a mess.

Here we go again.
SHAME.

Last edited:
Repped.
The NFL had every chance to get in front of this and get it right and still dropped the ball.
There's no excuse for how this was handled.
All the anger and outrage is more than warranted and I hope the backlash causes a **** storm for the league.

Last edited:
“When we talk about the integrity of the game, and the shield… you talk about the values that you want to instill in families that actually watch us and look up to us,” Matthews said via NJ.com. “Then it sends the wrong message that every single time there is an incident with domestic violence or something where there is a physical altercation, especially with a lady … it never seems like there is a really big punishment handed down.”

Jordan Matthews about to disappear under mysterious circumstances

I mean, I certainly agree with this, however if this was a black man it would be everywhere...

He was the #1 trending topic on Twitter for like two days straight this week...it's a huge story. It wasn't a huge story at first because he's a kicker and there wasn't any details out until recently.

All of you wanna be pissed at me but I refuse to think that every damn time something is happening or not happening to somebody that it has to do with the color of their skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom