The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have no idea how this guy has the job over Coughlin...

Coughlin was 19-29 in his last three seasons and McAdoo was a pretty hot coaching candidate who had the offense cooking, a lot of teams were in on him

You guys were also interested iirc :lol:,still wouldn't have taken the gamble on an OC from the Giants though personally. I know they look good occasionally with the talented receivers they have but when are the Giants ever known for their offensive superiority/genius?

Last edited:
You guys were also interested iirc :lol:,still wouldn't have taken the gamble on an OC from the Giants personally :lol:. I know they look good occasionally with the talented receivers they have but when are the Giants ever known for their offensive superiority?

Eagles were def. in on him, one of the reasons the Giants hired him so fast, I am quite happy with their decision TBH sitting here on 10/21

based on what I've read, eagles choices went:

1) gase

2) McAdoo.. with couglin coming in to in some sort of capacity

3) then dougie

McAdoo on Odell's behavior: "We talk every day about how you're supposed to act"

McAdoo on Josh Brown AFTER the fact: "I support Josh as a man, father, and as a player"

laugh.gif

mean.gif
 That entire organization is a joke.
Still have no idea how this guy has the job over Coughlin...
McAdoo didn't deserve the job, but it was definitely time to move on from Coughlin, as well.

I mean people sit here and complain about the re-treads being hired and how coaching is so bad, the Giants did what a lot of you have been preaching by hiring a young up and coming coach, just looks like they hired the wrong person

Random but would McDaniels be considered a retread already? Dude is only 40 :lol:

Last edited:
Too early to make a decision on Mac but I've been disappointed so far. Not happy. How he's handled a lot of things, it's been bad but we not even halfway into the season so I'll be patient.

I love Coughlin but it was time. He did a lot of questionable things over the last two years. He wasn't the same coach.

I love the insult that sheriff used against the league,never heard of a "yokel" before :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
if I ran an NFL team with young talent, I would go after tom herman..

I think if mcdaniels goes to the right team, this time might work out better for him (just love what the pats do with their offense focusing on the strength of their personnel rather than trying to fit guys into a system).. sometimes some dudes just need to be humbled.. hell, hoodie needed it with the browns move

Last edited:
^can you or someone else pls tell a college fb noob like me a little more about Herman and why hes such an amazing coach?

I hear him being hyped up on podcasts daily

If the wife doesn't cooperate I don't think there anything they can do unless she presses charges.
Could be wrong though. I'm not from there.

Can't the county and state press charges individually?

I have a question...

People are mad at the Giants and Co for this... But I haven't seen one mention of Jersey police department. The state of Jersey bringing him in, arresting him, convicting him... nothing.

The Giants are only worried about on field product, doing their job right?

Why is no one pissed that the proper authorities aren't doing their job? Why is the NFL policing this... Scumbags shouldn't just be suspended or kicked off a team yet time and again no one has seen jail time. Rice, Josh, Hardy the last three I believe.

with the NFL the problem is obviously hypocrisy.. they took it upon themselves to take these stances before or even with the matters being fully adjudicated.. taking the holier than thou, line in the sand, hardline stance

as far as the state.. I don't practice in the US.. and I don't practice criminal law at all (but was a mandatory class for my degree and fairly big portion of bar school).. but within the US the prosecutors and police find themselves in a difficult position if the wife doesn't want to cooperate (see greg hardy situation where the woman dropped charges after being paid off.. and the kobe situation).. essentially what @D StaXX
 said

whereas with places like Canada and England (those basically under English laws), the state determines if they have sufficient evidence and proceeds and the complainant is simply a witness within those proceedings 
If the wife doesn't cooperate I don't think there anything they can do unless she presses charges.

Could be wrong though. I'm not from there.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Incredible...

I have caped for Kevin Sumlin for I don't know how long...
How this guys hasn't even been seriously brought in, I don't know.

If he takes a job or would take a job is another discussion all together. But to not even call and make a public "we're interested" is beyond me.

with the NFL the problem is obviously hypocrisy.. they took it upon themselves to take these stances before or even with the matters being fully adjudicated.. taking the holier than thou, line in the sand, hardline stance
Yup.

That's my biggest issue with all these things now. Whether it's NFL or anyone/anything else.

You wanna stand on a soap box and be all sanctimonious...go right ahead. Shame everyone. It's your right to do that so that's cool. Shout it from the mountains for all I care.

BUT

You BETTER have all your ducks in a row. Or you might get it back twofold.

#ItAintFunWhenTheRabbitsGotTheGun

Not to go way off-topic, but that's why I just completely tune out all the so and so is "so classy" or "classless". Too often that "class" word gets thrown around pretentiously as ****.
eyes.gif
Shut up.

Last edited:
The NFL themselves are the ones that have eroded all that moral high ground they've stood on all high and mighty over the years. Glad that the general consensus now seems to be that they're full of **** 90% of the time :lol:

They care more about policing TD dances than DV

Last edited:
^can you or someone else pls tell a college fb noob like me a little more about Herman and why hes such an amazing coach?

I hear him being hyped up on podcasts daily
I see him just like I would gase and mcdanials.. I don't watch a ton of college football.. but I like guys who have been and succeeded with multiple situations and circumstances..

guys that will adjust well depending on the cards they are dealt.. and honestly that was the biggest appeal about chip being hired to me.. other than pace, I assumed dude would be extremely flexible and willing to adjust based upon his personnel and the opponent

initially, chip's biggest emphasis was having WRs that could block, and TEs/RBs that could receive.. so you could theoretically pass and run well in all personnel groupings then attack the weaknesses of defenses (and control their ability to go to sub packages with the whole pace thing)

this also became every eagles fans biggest problem with andy, dude was tied to his system no matter what.. he was great off of bye weeks with the extra time.. but in game or game to game, dude didn't deal well with adjustments

I'm surprised ESPN has been consistent with their DV stances like they were against Hardy,

What Josh Brown has done sounds worse than what Hardy. Josh Brown looks like a serial abuser.

I think Hardy acts and looks the part though.

Yup.

That's my biggest issue with all these things now. Whether it's NFL or anyone/anything else.

You wanna stand on a soap box and be all sanctimonious...go right ahead. Shame everyone. It's your right to do that so that's cool. Shout it from the mountains for all I care.

BUT

You BETTER have all your ducks in a row. Or you might get it back twofold.

#ItAintFunWhenTheRabbitsGotTheGun

Not to go way off-topic, but that's why I just completely tune out all the so and so is "so classy" or "classless". Too often that "class" word gets thrown around pretentiously as ****.
eyes.gif
Shut up.
it's hilarious when they stuff happens in politics..

when you got some absurd 'family values' right wing dude getting caught in the bathroom doing dirt

Coaching in College and the NFL are 2 different things.

People underestimate the men vs boys aspect.

Last edited:
I can't watch the NFL anymore man. **** like this comes out, then you got the Kaepernick BS...and we wanna penalize folks for celebrations. We don't even know what a ******* catch is. And the league denied CTE for decades. I could keep going.

And the Bears suck too so that's that.

The NFL seems to be in a perpetual news cycle of negativity.
**** Roger Goodell with a horse ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom