The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta hate the nfl the way they getting this paper
NBA will over take NFL in the near future. NFL is going to collapse on itself one day.
NBA will never take over for a number of reasons (until the demographics change), most of which don't have to do with the on court product ...Soccer will come up the same time basketball does

NFL got a stranglehold and in some parts of the country college football as well

NFL is still the king for me. I would rather watch a Browns Titans game than the top two college teams.

Avoided the score all day at work so I could enjoy the replay.

Get to the end of the first only to have the score roll up on the ticker
indifferent.gif

Why NFLN WHY?!
bruh they stay doing that 
laugh.gif

Brock Osweiler: 1st QB in NFL history to have 3 games in a single season with 200 yards or fewer on 40 att. in each game

via @EliasSports
sick.gif

So glad I went with black mirror over this game
Started watching this last night after halftime ...some interesting stories on there, technology got ppl wildin

Yep.. shhhhh will make you think.. some episodes are better than the others.. but some really thought provoking stuff

Netflix doing the damn thing

Thinking of starting sense8 :nerd:
Got that on the list too :lol: ...good taste in shows i see :pimp:

NBA will never take over for a number of reasons (until the demographics change), most of which don't have to do with the on court product ...Soccer will come up the same time basketball does

NFL got a stranglehold and in some parts of the country college football as well
Soccer is not even close to the NBA
laugh.gif

They had a strong push a few years ago when ESPN was tryna push it on us but it ain't take hold.

Show on Netflix that has some crazy *** stories. Similar to Twilight Zone, where each episode is a different story told. The first episode is crazy and apparently they all leave the mind blown

I don't watch as many non-local games as I used to. My interest in the league is still high, but I just don't give them as much time as I used to.

You would have to pay me to watch this week's TNF game. I'm being dead *** serious.

Until my interest in Fantasy and DFS is gone, NFL is something I enjoy at all aspects. Clearly in the minority here.

Soccer is not even close to the NBA :lol:

They had a strong push a few years ago when ESPN was tryna push it on us but it ain't take hold.
Naw didn't say it was , I was pointing out the alotta of the fan base the NBA would need to take over will be similar to soccer ...doesn't matter tho cuz like I said the NFL is gon be good money for a min

Show on Netflix that has some crazy *** stories. Similar to Twilight Zone, where each episode is a different story told. The first episode is crazy and apparently they all leave the mind blown

hmm I am going to have to check this one out

I don't watch as many non-local games as I used to. My interest in the league is still high, but I just don't give them as much time as I used to.

You would have to pay me to watch this week's TNF game. I'm being dead *** serious.
feel you on that.

if the steelers aren't playing on sunday or during the week at all.. I'll tune in with the roommates to watch the panthers get washed. 

other than that, I'll rarely watch other teams. 

You gotta hate the nfl the way they getting this paper
NBA will over take NFL in the near future. NFL is going to collapse on itself one day.

The 21 year olds that were 16 just 5 years ago, and the 11-16 year olds that will be 16-21 five years from now, have a different kind of attention span than what it takes to care about an NFL game. It's like asking the average person to watch a full MLB game.

NFL has been losing the young faster and faster. When those kids are the demographic in more general sense than what you speak, a 3 hour NFL game that shows 45 minutes of real action mixed in with commercials, timeouts, replays, audibles etc....it's only a matter of time before the game is way too slow for a fan base under 40years of age

Last edited:
And you think a 2 1/2 hour NBA game with constant whistles and constant pull up jumpers are more exciting? I used to LOVE NBA, and still enjoy watching a lot of games, but that league overall is washed to me.

NBA playoffs however are very compelling and exiting to me.

College basketball still the king :smokin

I'm almost at the point where I only watch the Falcons. I can't even stay awake watching "good" matchups of other teams anymore.

NBA is non-stop action.
Scores every few seconds.
It's a different stimulant.
Not saying it will be at peak NFL viewership, no tv will.
But NBA viewership > NFL viewership , I don't think we're too far off from seeing that.

And today's climate, once the 'mob' starts feeling one way and whispering, groupthink kicks in and everyone is saying "NFL woat" " NFL boring" etc. The NFL has an expiration date IMO.

I'll still be watching Cowboys games today, tomorrow and however long they're here, but I grew with it, and I've outgrown most teams outside of them, **** is mad boring and unbearable to watch most nights.

Last edited:
And you think a 2 1/2 hour NBA game with constant whistles and constant pull up jumpers are more exciting? I used to LOVE NBA, and still enjoy watching a lot of games, but that league overall is washed to me.

NBA playoffs however are very compelling and exiting to me.

College basketball still the king
smokin.gif
NBA playoffs last year was trash smh. So many blowouts but I still watch it 

Even with the slight dip in ratings NFL is doing well. I don't see it going anywhere.

Besides I like parity in my sports *shrugs*

Last edited:
You get to see ALL the available consumer products during an NFL game though, so if you love blowing $ on stuff, games can be exciting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom