The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed last years NBA playoffs more because I was betting on most of the games. Gambling keeps me interested in anything :rolleyes

College basketball still the king
smokin.gif

I definitely think theres a chance for the NBA to make major gains in viewership over the next few years but it's mostly gonna be a result of the NFL's hubris.

Goodell doesn't seem to be an accurate measures of the temperature in the room at all,I could definitely see the public getting disillusioned with the league

"They play for the love, its full of passion, it's pure, it's where they care about team ball and winning not $"
-avg explanation why College Basketball rocks

Last edited:
the game itself is so marginal compared to the NBA. 

ball screen after ball screen, if one team is significantly better and talented than the other then the product is going to be terrible. 

but it's the passion that goes into CBB.. or any other college sport that is.

playing for your team, only thing on the line is pride for your school and bragging rights. (eat **** duke).

NBA lacks this until playoff time, cause dudes can go through the motions, while still earning $17 mill this year ex: greg monroe.

"They play for the love, its full of passion, it's pure, it's where they care about team ball and winning not $"
-avg explanation why College Basketball rocks
I would much rather watch CBB's best regular season rivalries than most NBA christmas games and playoff series. 

Goodell is a puppet, which is a STARK contrast to the job Adam Silver is doing and how he's received by the players/fans.

On top of it all, the NBA is working hard to complete the CBA to avoid another work-stoppage. With the NFL killing itself, I'm sure the NBA brass can sense blood in the water and use the NFL's declining popularity to it's advantage.

Personally, I watch way less football than I've ever done before. It's probably because I have a lot more going on in my life, but outside of Skins games and snippets of the 4pm FOX game, I don't watch much. I rely on highlights to get up to speed. I just don't care enough to invest that much time into the NFL. I'm finding myself enjoying baseball much more, and I'm legit excited for the NBA season starting up.

I just wish the NHL has the foresight to promote it's league and players in a better fashion with the NFL shooting itself in the foot. There's a prime opportunity of other sports in the US to gain popularity and new fans right now.

I can see a future where the NFL goes the way of baseball in this country. The more we learn about the health risk and how parents consider their kids, the more the NFL continues to be on some BS and the PA is weak, the more BS with rules and fines and flags the more oversaturation of commercials happens I can see the popularity dropping off no sport is infallible at staying at the top forever IMO.

Basketball and the beautiful game(soccer) got next in the USA. It won't happen soon but maybe a generation or two I can see it.

Last edited:
What makes the NFL better than the NBA is parity. We all know who is going to win the NBA title and the season hasn't even started yet.

I do wish that soccer caught on more with Americans. Still think it will be WHILE before NFL is dead. The lack of consistent QB play is going to be the downfall if any. Colleges aren't prepping QB's for the NFL like they used to, and that's okay, because the colleges are focused on their systems and winning games. Some guys just have a nack for the position and the transition (Dak, Russ, Luck, etc)

What makes the NFL better than the NBA is parity. We all know who is going to win the NBA title and the season hasn't even started yet.
Fax..it sucks when you already know the finals matchup before the season starts :x two years in a row it's been predicted :x :x 3 straight years of the same finals :x :x :x last year's was entertaining tho :pimp:

Still love me some NBA tho :lol:

Last edited:
Fax..it sucks when you already know the finals matchup before the season starts :x

Still love me some NBA tho :lol:

this is why NBA playoffs are pointless until the Conference Finals but I am also a jaded Sixers fan so

the NHL playoffs are great because #8 seeds actually have a chance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom