The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statement from Josh Brown:

I am sorry that my past has called into question the character or integrity of The New York Giants, Mr. Mara or any of those who have supported me along the way. I have taken measures to get help so that I may be the voice of change, not a statistic. It is important to share that I never struck my wife, and never would. Abuse takes many forms, and is not a gray area. Through the past several years I have worked to identify and rectify my own behaviors. The road to rehabilitation is a journey and a constant modification of a way of life. My journey will continue forever as a person determined to leave a positive legacy and I embrace the opportunities to show and speak about what has helped me to be that man. In the interim, I am cooperating with the Giants and the NFL. Thank you to everyone that has supported me, I will not let you down.

-Josh Brown

Hold up...

Statement from Josh Brown:

I am sorry that my past has called into question the character or integrity of The New York Giants, Mr. Mara or any of those who have supported me along the way. I have taken measures to get help so that I may be the voice of change, not a statistic. It is important to share that I never struck my wife, and never would. Abuse takes many forms, and is not a gray area. Through the past several years I have worked to identify and rectify my own behaviors. The road to rehabilitation is a journey and a constant modification of a way of life. My journey will continue forever as a person determined to leave a positive legacy and I embrace the opportunities to show and speak about what has helped me to be that man. In the interim, I am cooperating with the Giants and the NFL. Thank you to everyone that has supported me, I will not let you down.

-Josh Brown

Hold up...

yeah what?

The NFL is king and it's not going to change anytime soon.

One game a week so it's easy to follow. All races and body types play it.

Mixes violence with skill. The greatest combination game ever.

I dont think races give the NFL an advantage. It's probably the least diverse sport of the major 4 by a wide margin. Baseball, Hockey, and basketball have people all around the entire globe playing. NFL does not at all.

Last edited:

The NFL product just sucks right now...

-Too many flags

-No breathing room for players to celebrate

-Shunning individuality

-Terrible primetime games

-No consistency with fines/suspensions/etc.

-Turning a blind eye towards collusion and carrying on like there was nothing to see

-Player safety/health

It goes on and on...

This is what happens when the inmates (owners) are running the asylum. They got a puppet (Goodell) as their mouthpiece, but something has to give/change. IMO, these factors, and many others, are exactly why the NFL seems to be dying a slow death. Unless there are some changes, we're going to see a rise in popularity in sports like baseball, soccer, and basketball. NFL has no one to blame but themselves. Congratulations, you played yourself.

Add too much review to the list

How could we forget there's also too many commercials? It affects the viewing experience with all the constant disruptions to the (already crappy) flow of the game.

Excellent post, DoubleJ's. The collusion thing is so true. Owners acting like petty schoolchildren on the playground and carrying over agendas into other areas of their league. :rolleyes

They need to be held more accountable for the mess we're all starting to see.

Another thing about the commericals...NFL has a whole Play 60 push, right? This is a campaign aimed at kids. However, outside of the actual game itself, it's near impossible for me and my daughter to even sit through a 1pm game due to the inappropriate commercials. I'm completely understanding of the commercials that air in primetime, but when I forget to change the channel and have to yell across the room to my daughter to either turn her head or cover her ears REALLY sucks. :smh:

The NFL is king and it's not going to change anytime soon.

One game a week so it's easy to follow. All races and body types play it.

Mixes violence with skill. The greatest combination game ever.

I dont think races and body types give the NFL an advantage. It's probably the least diverse sport of the major 4 by a wide margin.

I was about to say, the NFL is basically black, white, and guys from various islands for the most part :lol: the NFL is mostly just a US thing, especially compared to the NBA. That why the NFL just needs to get over the whole London thing. That brand will never ever translate internationally like basketball.

What commercials are inappropriate? I don't feel like I've noticed that.

Not for adults...but with a young kid, I don't need her watching trailers for the FX series Taboo (looks dope, though), movie previews, or beer commercials that are going for cheap yuks...

Well damn, I never really thought of that.
eek.gif
I'm not a parent so my perspective is different than yours (obviously). That's interesting though, and I'll probably have it in the back of my mind when I'm watching this Sunday.

Not for adults...but with a young kid, I don't need her watching trailers for the FX series Taboo (looks dope, though), movie previews, or beer commercials that are going for cheap yuks...

Might as well not let her watch TV then.

Well damn, I never really thought of that. :wow: I'm not a parent so my perspective is different than yours (obviously). That's interesting though, and I'll probably have it in the back of my mind when I'm watching this Sunday.

I don't have a problem with the perspective - but that's literally routine American commercial programing.

Last edited:
Marquee NFL & CFB fan bases just as diehard if not more than European soccer fan bases.

Hell imo there's little in European soccer that compares to southern CFB fan bases.
Idk man. The derby matches in each of the european soccer leagues are super crazy. I dont think any rivalry in american football can rival the derby matches they have over there.

Might as well not let her watch TV then.

Well damn, I never really thought of that. :wow: I'm not a parent so my perspective is different than yours (obviously). That's interesting though, and I'll probably have it in the back of my mind when I'm watching this Sunday.

I don't have a problem with the perspective - but that's literally routine American commercial programing.

There's plenty of programming out there that she can watch where I don't have to worry about the content of the commercials at break.

Football is a different beast...but they have to adhere to their sponsorships, so I get it. Doesn't make it any easier as a parent who has a daughter who enjoys watching the game. It is what it is tho.

@NorthOaklandFC The game is inherently violent, but don't you think under Goodell's reign with all the rule changes and related matters...they want it as close to the ultimate family-friendly experience as possible? Isn't that what they really want more than anything else?

As overbearing and manipulative as they are, I find it surprising they'd willingly let those other commercials slip through the cracks. We all know small toddlers aren't their main demographic, but any risque advertisement would run counter-intuitive to the overall goal though.

Last edited:
Yfootball is a violent sport. Man I wish my daughters would watch football with me.
Don't really bother me though but to each they own.
. My daughters enjoyed horror movies and slasher films since they were toddlers. I don't really trip on any commercials..

Last edited:
For those keeping track, Malcolm Butler has had 4 passes defended (interceptions + break-ups) for two straight weeks and now leads the NFL with 12 passes defended. Raiders CB David Amerson (11) and Giants CB Janoris Jenkins (10) are the only other players with double digit pass defenses.

According to Pro Football Focus, Butler is the 3rd ranked cornerback in the NFL and the 2nd best in coverage. Butler is coming off a Pro Bowl season in 2015 and he will be a restricted free agent after the 2016 season.
Playing on a bummy ankle too.
pimp.gif

@spacedoodoo Your proclamation is looking more and more legit by the day. It's at least a debate at this point.

Pat yourself on the back g.

Last edited:
For those keeping track, Malcolm Butler has had 4 passes defended (interceptions + break-ups) for two straight weeks and now leads the NFL with 12 passes defended. Raiders CB David Amerson (11) and Giants CB Janoris Jenkins (10) are the only other players with double digit pass defenses.

According to Pro Football Focus, Butler is the 3rd ranked cornerback in the NFL and the 2nd best in coverage. Butler is coming off a Pro Bowl season in 2015 and he will be a restricted free agent after the 2016 season.

Playing on a bummy ankle too. :pimp:

@spacedoodoo
Your proclamation is looking more and more legit by the day. It's at least a debate at this point.

Pat yourself on the back g.

funny thing is Butler has been taking a lot of heat from the NE media about the drop off in play. i definitely got on him a bit as well earlier on. but the last two weeks have looked great. my dude can ball. and he's got the swagger/attitude you want in your #1 cover guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom