The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been wondering this as well, ANOTHER game overseas this weekend
sick.gif
But we can all agree, this is gonna be the best London game by far this year.

Si or No?

18 games would be fine with me if they shortened the preseason, but 16 feels good. Don't want my NFL going past the SB in Feb.

Feb/March CBB
smokin.gif
yeah i'm a huge fan of the current set up. i would actually prefer killing 1 preseason game, keeping 16 regular season games, and keeping the current playoff format. give them an extra week of training camp instead of the 1 preseason game. i love having football end first week of feb. right in time for the stretch run in the NHL and CBB
laugh.gif
they need to add another bye week for all teams..

there is a lot the league should/could do to help things.. but they seem pretty stubborn on things

the preseason should looked to be shortened regardless if the league expands to 18 games or not.

too many guys went down with injuries. I can still see brandon ollivers snapped achilles. 
sick.gif

they're boring, not attended.. has to be a better way for young talent to prepare for the season. 

Problem with these London games is no one is getting up early enough to watch them.

The NFL product just sucks right now...

-Too many flags

-No breathing room for players to celebrate

-Shunning individuality

-Terrible primetime games

-No consistency with fines/suspensions/etc.

-Turning a blind eye towards collusion and carrying on like there was nothing to see

-Player safety/health

It goes on and on...

This is what happens when the inmates (owners) are running the asylum. They got a puppet (Goodell) as their mouthpiece, but something has to give/change. IMO, these factors, and many others, are exactly why the NFL seems to be dying a slow death. Unless there are some changes, we're going to see a rise in popularity in sports like baseball, soccer, and basketball. NFL has no one to blame but themselves. Congratulations, you played yourself.

Canada has their own league, but I agree that having Texas and Cali teams play in Mexico would generate big bucks.

but would probably generate bigger bucks in europe. soccer is king in europe. nfl probably thinks 'what if we had those die hards following football as they do soccer?'. probably never happening but nfl will still give it a try.

Marquee NFL & CFB fan bases just as diehard if not more than European soccer fan bases.

Hell imo there's little in European soccer that compares to southern CFB fan bases.

Last edited:

-Too many flags

-Shunning individuality

-Turning a blind eye towards collusion and carrying on like there was nothing to see

-Player safety/health

It goes on and on...

This is what happens when the inmates (owners) are running the asylum. They got a puppet (Goodell) as their mouthpiece, but something has to give/change. IMO, these factors, and many others, are exactly why the NFL seems to be dying a slow death. Unless there are some changes, we're going to see a rise in popularity in sports like baseball, soccer, and basketball. NFL has no one to blame but themselves. Congratulations, you played yourself.

Add too much review to the list

Canada has their own league, but I agree that having Texas and Cali teams play in Mexico would generate big bucks.

but would probably generate bigger bucks in europe. soccer is king in europe. nfl probably thinks 'what if we had those die hards following football as they do soccer?'. probably never happening but nfl will still give it a try.

Marquee NFL & CFB fan bases just as diehard if not more than European soccer fan bases.

Hell imo there's little in European soccer that compares to southern CFB fan bases.

i get what youre saying but the nfl wants some of that cash in europe in addition to the markets they already have.

Statement from Josh Brown:

I am sorry that my past has called into question the character or integrity of The New York Giants, Mr. Mara or any of those who have supported me along the way. I have taken measures to get help so that I may be the voice of change, not a statistic. It is important to share that I never struck my wife, and never would. Abuse takes many forms, and is not a gray area. Through the past several years I have worked to identify and rectify my own behaviors. The road to rehabilitation is a journey and a constant modification of a way of life. My journey will continue forever as a person determined to leave a positive legacy and I embrace the opportunities to show and speak about what has helped me to be that man. In the interim, I am cooperating with the Giants and the NFL. Thank you to everyone that has supported me, I will not let you down.

-Josh Brown

Last edited:
also the league needs to expand the rosters to at least 60, with all available on game day

i get what youre saying but the nfl wants some of that cash in europe in addition to the markets they already have.

NFL already went that route and actually put forth a pretty decent effort. They failed.

They're better off introducing the sport in other parts of the world like they did in Europe and instead of trying to sustain it at a level that's not viable.

Mexico is the international market that makes too much sense of targeting if we're talking about sustainable long term growth of the sport. The average NFL fan would be surprised how big Amateur American football is in Mexico at the Mexican collegiate and high school level.

Last edited:
The NFL is king and it's not going to change anytime soon.

One game a week so it's easy to follow. All races and body types play it.

Mixes violence with skill. The greatest combination game ever.

Preseason sucks, make it 1 game

From a fan's perspective the preseason seems pointless, but a lot of players have gotten the opportunity to make a NFL roster due to preseason.

Romo :pimp:

Dak also won his job with the Cowboys in the preseason.

you mean given. not like romo was out played or could play after the injury during preseason.

If I remember correctly, the Cowboys were looking to acquire someone to fill in for Romo until he got healthy. Dak played his *** in the preseason and showed them that they didn't have to go out and get anyone else.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the Cowboys were looking to acquire someone to fill in for Romo until he got healthy. Dak played his *** in the preseason and showed them that they didn't have to go out and get anyone else.
didn't they contact foles?

and then signed sanchez

-Too many flags

-Shunning individuality

-Player safety/health

It goes on and on...

Add too much review to the list
How could we forget there's also too many commercials? It affects the viewing experience with all the constant disruptions to the (already crappy) flow of the game.

Excellent post, DoubleJ's. The collusion thing is so true. Owners acting like petty schoolchildren on the playground and carrying over agendas into other areas of their league.
eyes.gif

They need to be held more accountable for the mess we're all starting to see.

Last edited:

Statement from Josh Brown:

I am sorry that my past has called into question the character or integrity of The New York Giants, Mr. Mara or any of those who have supported me along the way. I have taken measures to get help so that I may be the voice of change, not a statistic. It is important to share that I never struck my wife, and never would. Abuse takes many forms, and is not a gray area. Through the past several years I have worked to identify and rectify my own behaviors. The road to rehabilitation is a journey and a constant modification of a way of life. My journey will continue forever as a person determined to leave a positive legacy and I embrace the opportunities to show and speak about what has helped me to be that man. In the interim, I am cooperating with the Giants and the NFL. Thank you to everyone that has supported me, I will not let you down.

-Josh Brown

Part of me want's to believe he was just venting in a therapeutic journal.

Maybe he did grab her and shook her, I think that's far from striking her.

But then again, you just never know.

I wish his wife would speak on exactly what happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom