The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
next future tape going triple platinum in pirate downloads

giphy.gif

mean.gif

Touching on a topic from yesterday, the homie Jamele Hill just dropped a nice gem on NFL vs NBA.

The relationship between players, owners and commissioners are vastly different.

Night and day.

The whole environment around the NBA smells of fun and partnership.

Something as simple as them embracing the shoe and dress culture was nothing but a smart move.

The more I think on it the more I'm starting to think Goodell needs to go.

:smh:

Touching on a topic from yesterday, the homie Jamele Hill just dropped a nice gem on NFL vs NBA.

The relationship between players, owners and commissioners are vastly different.

Night and day.

Something as simple as them embracing the shoe and dress culture was nothing but a smart move.

On Mike & Mike right? Heard her on my drive to work.

She was on the money. I consider myself a casual NBA fan, but over the past 2-3 years I've grown to enjoy the league more; though I hate that seemingly every drive into the paint ends up being a foul (but that's irrelevant here). The social [media] precense the NBA has brought forth and the players themselves vouching for the league is a 180 from the NFL.

Goodell definitely needs to go. NoFunLeague is a real thing.

Good Lord, I hadn't realized this dude Arians STILL hasn't stopped talking about the SNF game.
roll.gif

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians still isn't over Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner's leap over Arizona's line on an overtime field goal attempt not being penalized, calling such plays "bad for football" in a radio interview Tuesday.

Arians, in an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday, said officials wanted player leaps on field goal attempts made illegal but the NFL's competition committee decided not to change the rules.

"The Competition Committee went through that play and officials wanted it taken out," Arians said in the interview. "The committee left it in, but it cannot be officiated. Whether he touches, whether it was leverage, was his foot within the framework of the defensive lineman's feet before he jumped, all those things that go into that call, I think it's bad for football.

"Because what you're going to have to do now is start having centers raise their face up and get kicked in the face and things that are just dangerous to the players. I think it's a dangerous play as it is and should be taken out of the game."
Can't forget about this gem on Sunday
laugh.gif

"Make it," Arians said. "He's a professional. This ain't high school, baby. You get paid to make it."
Bruce Harbaugh gotta keep it moving for now bruh. Lookin' like the Kool-Aid man.

Night and day.

She hit the nail on the head.
The no fun league really has changed and the climate just isn't the same.
We can all see that the majority of players hate Goodell and the front office.
I really hope the NBA overtakes the NFL.

bomani raised a great point about silver and the NBA though..

Unity isnt really the answer.. look at what the seahawks did game 1, no one is really talking about that now other than those who want to use them linking arms as a more palatable protest to what kaep is doing..

at least with what kaep is doing is eliciting a response which is exposing a ton of people for who they really are to a ton of varying degrees (trump is also exposing a ton of this as well)

also, silver saying the problem needs to be addressed in "these communities" well the problem is within all communities

and as bomani said unity isn't the answer it's the goal.. cause as has been demonstrated far to often the only reason "all lives matter" is being said is because certain people need to be reminded that "black lives matter"

Last edited:

Night and day.

Yea the NFL players and Goodell/other execs have a pretty standoffish relationship. Outside of coordinated hugs and high fives on draft day, Goodell and the other higher ups really only see the players as faceless bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom