The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Week 8 last season, Ricardo Lockette suffered a neck injury that required surgery and wound up being a career-ender. A lot went through the wideout's mind as he dealt with the reality of the situation. There's no denying the seriousness of the injury—but sometimes, it helps the recovery process to get your mind off of things. Enter Lynch.

According to Ricardo's father, Earl Lockette Sr., Lynch was (literally) there for his son. Earl told the story to the Seattle Times for a must-read piece by Jayson Jenks:

We were in there with Ricardo and everything was in a sad mode. A nurse comes up and says, "We don't know much about football, Mr. Lockette, but there's a guy outside who says he needs to be in here. He says he plays with Ricardo, and his name is Marshawn Lynch." I go to the lobby, and Marshawn has his bags. He said, "I knew it was more than what they told me when I saw him go down. I knew it was more severe than that and I could not leave him here."

What Ricardo didn't know is that Marshawn peeked in the room and saw he was in there, in the bed, strapped down, couldn't move, and he cried like a baby. Marshawn did. I won't tell you everything he did, but he took a couple steps back and soaked those tears up, and he went in there and made my son feel like he could run and jump.

And then on top of that, we didn't know nothing about nothing. He asked us, "How long are you guys going to be here?" We said, "We don't know. Until he gets up and walks again, we're not leaving." He said, "I've got you guys. You don't have to worry about anything." When I say he meant that, he really did. He took care of us for a period of time to make sure we didn't have to worry about getting places, transportation, anything. He did that.

In Week 8 last season, Ricardo Lockette suffered a neck injury that required surgery and wound up being a career-ender. A lot went through the wideout's mind as he dealt with the reality of the situation. There's no denying the seriousness of the injury—but sometimes, it helps the recovery process to get your mind off of things. Enter Lynch.

According to Ricardo's father, Earl Lockette Sr., Lynch was (literally) there for his son. Earl told the story to the Seattle Times for a must-read piece by Jayson Jenks:

We were in there with Ricardo and everything was in a sad mode. A nurse comes up and says, "We don't know much about football, Mr. Lockette, but there's a guy outside who says he needs to be in here. He says he plays with Ricardo, and his name is Marshawn Lynch." I go to the lobby, and Marshawn has his bags. He said, "I knew it was more than what they told me when I saw him go down. I knew it was more severe than that and I could not leave him here."

What Ricardo didn't know is that Marshawn peeked in the room and saw he was in there, in the bed, strapped down, couldn't move, and he cried like a baby. Marshawn did. I won't tell you everything he did, but he took a couple steps back and soaked those tears up, and he went in there and made my son feel like he could run and jump.

And then on top of that, we didn't know nothing about nothing. He asked us, "How long are you guys going to be here?" We said, "We don't know. Until he gets up and walks again, we're not leaving." He said, "I've got you guys. You don't have to worry about anything." When I say he meant that, he really did. He took care of us for a period of time to make sure we didn't have to worry about getting places, transportation, anything. He did that.

One of the good ones.

One of the good ones.

Shawn. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

From HH:

Williams, Norman, and Reed Practice; Matt Jones OUT

:pimp:

Fat Rob has a prime opportunity in front of him if he's getting Jones' carries...that's unless Gruden is expanding Thompson's role to something like Gio Bernard had a few years back.

One of the good ones.

Shawn. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

The realest back that ever lived :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
I thought Matt Jones was going to produce this year at a high level. :smh:

So did a lot of us. He's flashed plenty of talent, but the fumbles (8 in 26 career games) and the tendency to not run physically for a 6'2" 235 pound back is wearing thin on the coaching staff.

Not sure what Fat Rob can do with extended work, but he's not a guy who will run around folks...he's gonna try to plow through. He's the opposite of Jones in that regard.

Phins don't need a redesign, they just need to adopt the throwbacks as their full time set.

Last edited:
Phins don't need a redesign, they should just adopt the throwbacks as their full time set.
yup..

this goes for eagles too.. well eagles need to go with an updated throwback redesign.. go to the Kelly green color, with our newer helmet wings logo.. and a simpler feel to the jerseys like the throwbacks

The Browns could do with a redesign,already
laugh.gif
I don't know who thought the different colored stitching was a good idea 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom